no patch yet?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

no patch yet?

Unread postby Arzang » 27 May 2006, 09:41

topic.

Asjo
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Asjo » 27 May 2006, 09:47

Oh, so the patch is a topic? Sure you want to stick to that claim? You didn't mean tropical?

I'm sure of the patch was released, you would be told so on the main site. I'd expect it in 3-4 days.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 27 May 2006, 13:03

Asjo wrote:I'd expect it in 3-4 days.
So is France taking Memorial Day off, then releasing the patch!?!?! ;)

Asjo
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Asjo » 27 May 2006, 23:09

They damn better!

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 28 May 2006, 00:03

I check the HommV site about 20 times a day hoping for the patch.

I also promised my little brother by the time he got back from holiday it will be patched and the bugs fixed, so don't dissapoint a 10 year old kid, Ubi/Nival! arr.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 May 2006, 02:43

Patience!

Honestly, the game was literally just released. Here in the United States I picked it up Thursday morning and have only been playing it for three days.

I realize that Europe had it one week earlier. Nevertheless, with patches would you rather they fix as much as possible in one shot or release little hot fixes? Personally I can wait a couple of weeks to get everything done right. It's not as if they aren't making any patch at all.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 28 May 2006, 03:09

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 May 2006, 03:56

Are you taking personal offence? So, some guy went on a forum and posted that it would come out and it didn't, hardly an offical announcement. Have you never missed a homework assignment?

I don't mean to jump all over you but I'm confident the patch(es) will come out. It's just a matter of time.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 28 May 2006, 04:15

It's not a matter of whether or not the patch will come out but when it will come out. You can't compare the patch to homework. The game wasn't free. We paid money for it and we didn't get what we paid for. This game is incomplete, it's buggy, and it has really bad documentation. It is Ubisoft and Nival's duty to us, the costumers, to rectify these problems as quickly as possible.

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 28 May 2006, 05:12

Yep, and it's been a long time since the game went gold.. Given that it has so many small bugs they really shouldn't take such a long time for the first patch..

Extrakun
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Extrakun » 28 May 2006, 05:54

vicheron wrote:It's not a matter of whether or not the patch will come out but when it will come out. You can't compare the patch to homework. The game wasn't free. We paid money for it and we didn't get what we paid for. This game is incomplete, it's buggy, and it has really bad documentation. It is Ubisoft and Nival's duty to us, the costumers, to rectify these problems as quickly as possible.
Unfortunately, patches do take time to implement. In any software development, all 'fixes' have to be tested, to ensure that those changes to the code does not cause any other bugs. Which one would be worse, a delayed patch which fix changes, or a rushed patch which fix existing problems and introduce 2x more bugs?

Sure, they shall work on it and get it out ASAP, but patching requires time, effort and testing. Give them time. Software development is unpredictable at best.

Asjo
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Asjo » 28 May 2006, 10:04

I'm assuming when they say one week, they will stick to it and it will be 1-2 weeks for the patch. I would want them to take as long as possible to fix the game, but I think people are playing the game a lot now and really need those initial fixes, map editor and extra multiplayer maps to really get started. Once that's released we can go a long time while they weed out the remaining bugs and problems, even though the AI might be a little annoying to play when it's stupid.
Last edited by Asjo on 28 May 2006, 13:29, edited 2 times in total.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 28 May 2006, 12:12

Asjo wrote:I'm assuming when they say one week, they will stick to it and it will be 1-2 weeks for the patch. I would want them to take as long as possible to fix the game, but I think people are playing the game a lot now and really need those intial fixed, map editor and extra multiplayer maps to really get started. Once that's released we can go a long time while they weed out the remaining bugs and problems, even though the AI might be a little annoying to play when it's stupid.
QFT.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 28 May 2006, 12:22

Patch will be released this week.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 28 May 2006, 12:32

This sunday evening? Or do the week start on sundays where you live?

Either way, how do you know so certain?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Anthriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anthriel » 28 May 2006, 13:10

I guess most of the original team is busy on the expansion already. Hopefully the map editor won't be sold as a feature of it.

And yeah, they do take quite some time, you would usually expect the first patch very close to the release, they should usually start working on it after the game went gold.
But then again, most decent games are not that unfinished, so they have more to fix than other developers ...

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 28 May 2006, 16:45

Well I can't say, but afaik, the patch will be out in the next few days. And no I don't know what will be changed other then bugfixes and easymode implemented.

P.S. what I said is entirely unofficial.. with a high probability of being correct ;)

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 28 May 2006, 16:52

someone on the official forum (akrav) said hes a tester of 1.1 patch (how do you become a tester? are they randomly picking people from the forum or what?)

anyway. apparantly the patch is focusing on more about balancing things. rather than fixing the countless amounts of multiplayer bugs which prevent us from even finishing a game online (or even to get one started)

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 28 May 2006, 16:57

I'm not sure. I'm not a tester, I can tell you that and I haven't seen any form to apply for it.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 28 May 2006, 17:29

I doubt there are any testers for 1.1.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”