Different graphics? / textures/models

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Different graphics? / textures/models

Unread postby Paradox » 27 May 2006, 02:28

I've read a bit about unicorns not looking as they did in the beta, but having not played the beta i can't comment on that myself.

However today while looking at my creature sheet i got with my collectors edition, I noticed that Cavaliers and Paladins look much different on there than they do ingame. Cavaliers have a grey/white robe over their horse on the picture, and Paladins horses have a blue robe with gold Griffons allover it, but in the game , Cavaliers have blue robe over the horse and Paladins is something like white armour? ( i forgot, but it's different ) anyone else noticed this or any other discrepencies?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2006, 02:32

And ArchLiches are red instead of yellow. I think those models were from the early beta, and they just didn't give the card makers the new models except the Treant (they should have called then Dendroids).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 27 May 2006, 02:33

I wonder if (when) there's an expansion they will offer the cards again in the expansion, featured the new creatures info and updated data/models etc?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 May 2006, 02:37

I would be extermely surprised if they did.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 May 2006, 07:17

ThunderTitan wrote:And ArchLiches are red instead of yellow. I think those models were from the early beta, and they just didn't give the card makers the new models except the Treant (they should have called then Dendroids).
Inquisitor is updated as well. Spectres, Spectral Dragons and both kinds of Vampires aren't.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 27 May 2006, 07:25

Also check out the spectral dragons' eye color. The in-game version has glowing green eyes, but the icon has glowing red eyes (perhaps the shot was taken when the dragon had a hangover :P )
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2006, 07:56

Gaidal Cain wrote: Inquisitor is updated as well.
Oh, yeah. The silly helmet. None of the others seem to be, most of them just haven't changed enough.

The Emerald Dragon is still Bronze-coloured. They're missing a T in Ancient for the Treant. And the Grim Raider has a halberd instead of the current spear.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 May 2006, 08:59

lets hope they will fix the creature icons in a patch soon. Its a bit sloppy that they didnt update the creature fact card and the icons after updating the creatures in-game.

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Unread postby igoraki » 27 May 2006, 09:50

Orfinn wrote:lets hope they will fix the creature icons in a patch soon. Its a bit sloppy that they didnt update the creature fact card and the icons after updating the creatures in-game.
maybe they will release patch for creature cards as a free download
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 27 May 2006, 12:34

ThunderTitan wrote:They're missing a T in Ancient for the Treant.
That's of course French "ancien". :p

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Different graphics? / textures/models

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 27 May 2006, 12:45

Paradox wrote:I've read a bit about unicorns not looking as they did in the beta, but having not played the beta i can't comment on that myself.

However today while looking at my creature sheet i got with my collectors edition...
Must be nice that Fabrice and Ubi give Europeans a Creature Card and screwed every American out of getting one, even in the LE version.

And people wonder why there's so much tension between France and the US. :disagree:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2006, 13:15

Wolfshanze wrote: And people wonder why there's so much tension between France and the US. :disagree:
Two word: Freedom Fries. I doubt France can do anything to top that.

And I think only the Super Deluxe or whatever it's called had those anyway.

@Darkstroem

Hmm... Isn't it supposed to have some stuff on top to be french?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 May 2006, 13:41

Gaidal Cain wrote:Inquisitor is updated as well.
Thats one way of putting it.And why did they change it back to inquisitor?Its dumb.Probably the same reason they brought back the hell charger :disagree:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2006, 13:53

Why did they put that thing on his head? Couldn't they just take out the Halo and let him be bald? And Inquisitor does fit better then Cleric. But if you want to change it talk to Zalmoxis.

Cold Fingers
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cold Fingers » 27 May 2006, 14:19

ThunderTitan wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote: And people wonder why there's so much tension between France and the US. :disagree:
Two word: Freedom Fries. I doubt France can do anything to top that.
:bow:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”