Ubisoft Support Answers

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Ubisoft Support Answers

Unread postby addicted » 26 May 2006, 17:11

At ubi's support, I found these solutions listed so far for hommV. Feel free to 'Add' to this list as I am sure there are more that I didn't see..
(Updated: 7/31/06)

1. Question
What are the minimum requirements for Heroes of Might & Magic V?

Answer
In order for the game to run properly, your PC MUST meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP (only) (XP recommended)
Processor: 1.5 GHz Pentium IV or AMD Athlon (2.4 GHz recommended)
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant video card (128 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c or higher (included on disc)
CD-ROM: 12x CD-ROM (or 4x DVD-ROM for limited edition)
Hard Drive Space: 2 GB free
Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible mouse and keyboard
Multiplayer: Internet connection

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release
NVIDIA GeForce 3/4/FX/6 families (GeForce 4 MX NOT supported)
ATI Radeon 8500/9000/X families
Matrox Parhelia

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported.

2. Error: Required Security Module Cannot be Activated

Question
When I try to start the game, I get an error:

Error: Required Security Module Cannot be activated: This program cannot be executed (7000)

How can I fix this problem?

Answer
This seems to be an error cause by a conflict with CD emulation programs. The most common program known to have the conflict is Daemon Tools. To avoid this problem you will need to disable the SecuROM emulation in the Daemon Tools options, disable Daemon Tools, or uninstall Daemon Tools all together. If you have another CD emulation program, you may need to make similar changes in order to not receive this error message.

3. What Ports are Required to Play Heroes of Might & Magic V Online?

Question
I am behind a router/firewall and would like to know what ports need to be open in order to play Heroes of Might & Magic V online?

Answer
The following ports need to be open in your router or firewall, in order to play this game online:

Ports:
[TCP] 6668, 40000, 40005, 40100, 41006, 42000, 44000, 45000 included

Please make sure that you have the latest firmware driver updates for your router from the manufacturers website.

4. What are the port settings for Might & Magic 5

Question
The game will not connect to online play while trying to play behind a router / firewall. How can i play this game online?

Answer
The game does not support playing through http proxy. The player needs direct (real IP) or NATed (most intranets) internet connection.

The following ports need to opened for the router / firewall on a system :

6668 TCP (IRC servers(chat in lobby))
40000 to 42999 TCP (Various Ubi.com servers)
44000 UDP (CDKey servers)
45000 UDP (NAT server)
42500 UDP ( CDKey local port, can be configured by player through game config files, "setvar net_ubi_cdkey_port = <desired port>", defaults to 42500)
8888,8889 UDP UDP (The Game itself, can be configured by player through game config files, "setvar net_game_port = <desired port>" defaults to 8888; "setvar net_lan_match_maker_port = <desired port>", defaults to 8889 )

5. What is Disk 2 Used For?
Question
I was never asked for Disk 2 during the install. What is Disk 2 For?

Answer
The second disk is only used when installing the game under any language other then English. If you select another language during the installation you will be asked for the second disk, otherwise it is not needed.

6. Error: d3dx9_25.dll Entry Point Not Found

Question
When I try to start the game, I get an error message saying "d3dx9_25.dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found" or something similar.

When I start the game, it automatically freezes at the opening screen. How can I correct this problem?

Answer
If you receive any error messages pertaining to the file "d3dx9_25.dll", please follow the directions below:

In order to resolve this problem, you will need to install the version of DirectX 9.0c that is on the game disk (Disk 1). This will update any previous DirectX installations and supply the correct files needed by the game.

The DirectX installer (DXSETUP.exe) can be found on the game disk (Disk 1) in the \ DirectX directory

7. Where is the CD Key used for Heroes of Might & Magic V ?

Question
Where is the CD Key used for this game?

Answer
The CD Key for this game is located on the front cover of the manual inside the game. There is a large image of a soldier in armour and a white section below him next to the Ubisoft logo.
The code is in the format of : HM5 - XXXX - XXXX - XXXX - XXXX (Where X is your code)

8. The install froze while installing Might & Magic V

Question
The install froze while installing Might & Magic V, now when i try and install the game again it will only let me click run.
How can i install this game?

Answer
Open My Computer then open the Local Disk (C:)
Open the program files folder.
Click on the tools menu then choose folder options
Click on the view tab and tick the box labelled "show hidden files and folders". Press OK
Open the installshield installation information folder
Search for a folder named {20071984-5EB1-4881-8EDB-082532ACEC6D}
Right click on the folder and choose rename. Press the End key on the keyboard and type the word OLD. Press the enter key

You will now be able to install the game by placing the disk back into the drive.

9. Where are my saved games for Heroes of Might & Magic V

Question
I wish to move my saved games from one computer to another, where are they?

Answer
Saved games are stored in a special folder within the the following folder :

"My Documents" -> "My Games" -> "Heroes of Might and Magic V" -> "Profiles" -> folder with user profile name -> "Saves".

10. (early july 2006) (1st patch) HoMM V Patch Installation Problems

Question
I am trying to install the v1.01 patch and it is saying that the game is not installed. How do I get the patch installed?

Answer
It is very important to install the correct patch for the version of the game you have. The easiest way to know which version of the game you have, is to check the technical support information listed in the back of the game manual. If the address is a UK address, you have the European version of the game. If the address is a US address, you have the US version of the game.

If your game is from the US, use the following patch :
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... .01_us.exe

If your game is from the UK or Australia, please use the following patch:
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... .01_eu.exe

If your game is the 'Collectors Edition' from the UK or Australia, please use the following patch:
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... lector.exe

#11. UBI UPDATED = 07/27/2006 (1st and 2nd Patch) HoMM V Patch Installation Problems

Question:
I am trying to install the HoMM V patch and it is saying that the game is not installed. How do I get the patch installed?

Answer:
It is very important to install the correct patch for the version of the game you have. The easiest way to know which version of the game you have, is to check the technical support information listed in the back of the game manual. If the address is a UK address, you have the European version of the game. If the address is a US address, you have the US version of the game.

US Version:
US Retail CD version - v1.01
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... .01_us.exe
US D2D Download version - v1.01
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... d_1.01.exe
US Retail CD version - v1.02
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... .02_us.exe
US D2D Download version - v1.02
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... d_1.02.exe

If your game is from the UK or Australia, please use the following patches:
UK v1.01
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... .01_eu.exe
UK v1.02
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_mag ... .02_eu.exe

If your game is the 'Collectors Edition' from the UK or Australia, please use the following patch:
UK Collectors v1.01
UK Collectors v1.02
Last edited by addicted on 31 Jul 2006, 13:05, edited 8 times in total.

saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes V and Windows XP

Unread postby saugeen » 29 May 2006, 22:24

Purchased HeroesV recently and am running Windows XP and all the latest updates. The Intro screen comes up but when I click on play, I get and Windows XP error message indicating a problem and has to close

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 29 May 2006, 23:14

That's probably because of your graphics card driver. Make sure you have the latest drivers. Make also sure to install the DirectX 9.0c that comes with the game. I'm supposing you have a decent GPU.
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 31 May 2006, 05:54

I'm having the same problem. I have 9.0c from Oblivion and can't load it from the H5 DVD. From the 'Help - Game crashes after Loadbar is Complete' chain:
Okay - I went to the MicroSoft site and downloaded the latest and greatest, then did a search for anything d3dx9 related.
Interesting thing - my system has d3dx9_27, where what the game is looking for is d3dx9_25, which is in the directory with the demo version of H5.
Is it worth waiting for a patch so H5 will recognize the upgrade, or should I just get my money back while I'm still in the timeframe?

This is a lot of money and headache for a game I'm not too impressed with so far.

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 01 Jun 2006, 04:00

I freeze when I get to the initial screen with the various options such as single player/multi-player etc.. I have 2.6 GHZ P4, ATI Radeon 9700Pro, and 3 gb of RAM.

What is really annoying is that I was able to play the various versions of the beta with little or no problems (relatively speaking) ....

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 01 Jun 2006, 18:53

Just to let you know I updated this thread by adding a couple more ubi's questions/solutions to the list in my first post.. :D

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 02 Jun 2006, 00:44

anyone else have problems with radeon 9700pro GPU? I swapped out the 9700pro for the old radeon 9200 that came with the system in 03. Sure enough it works now. What I don't know is if there is an issue with the radeon 9700pro or MY 9700pro. I do have a boosted power supply and the card does have an arctic cooler on it. I also know I don't have any other known issues with the 9700pro and it did work with the various beta versions of HOMM V.

Anyworking 9700pro's?

DemonZero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DemonZero » 02 Jun 2006, 00:50

I'm having the same problem as saugeen and Bethel. I ran windows update and should have the latest versions of all my stuff, and I installed DirectX 9.0c from game, but alas! No luck, :-\

Anyone with this problem manage to figure it out yet? I really want to play! I suppose I'll be playing Heroes 3 while I wait either an official patch or some other way to fix this.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 02 Jun 2006, 02:03

grumpy_dwarf wrote:anyone else have problems with radeon 9700pro GPU?
DemonZero wrote: I ran windows update and should have the latest versions of all my stuff, and I installed DirectX 9.0c from game, but alas! No luck, :-\ Anyone with this problem manage to figure it out yet? I really want to play!
Did you guys go to UBI's support and ask them if they know of a solution for your problem? They just might know a solution and/or be able to help.. Here is the url for ubi support to email them. http://www.ubireg.com/uk/ They answer emails within a few hours. If you happen to email them and get a solution, would you post the solution here for others who are also having the same problems..
thanx

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 02 Jun 2006, 02:34

will let you know if I get a response. I can live with support for that card coming at a later date, since I play fine with the 9200. I would crank up the graphic quality with the 9700pro though.... It would be nice to be able to warn others if that is indeed a problem card....

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Eureka!!

Unread postby Bethel » 02 Jun 2006, 07:16

addicted wrote:
grumpy_dwarf wrote:anyone else have problems with radeon 9700pro GPU?
DemonZero wrote: I ran windows update and should have the latest versions of all my stuff, and I installed DirectX 9.0c from game, but alas! No luck, :-\ Anyone with this problem manage to figure it out yet? I really want to play!
Did you guys go to UBI's support and ask them if they know of a solution for your problem? They just might know a solution and/or be able to help.. Here is the url for ubi support to email them. http://www.ubireg.com/uk/ They answer emails within a few hours. If you happen to email them and get a solution, would you post the solution here for others who are also having the same problems..
thanx

I can't e-mail them. They recognize my e-mail address, but not my name and password combination, and when I tried to set up a new account I got the message that my e-mail address was already being used. It's pretty frustrating.

However!! I took a gamble, copied the d3..._25 from my H5 Demo folder (it's in the Bin) to the Bin in the H5 game and have been playing all evening. For people who have been getting the same dxl error message, you might want to try it.

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 02 Jun 2006, 20:21

I got a reply, but it was a canned totally useless reply. The reply never recognized the fact the HOMM V runs fine with an ati radeon 9200, but not a radeon 9700pro in the same system with all other components and software exactly the same (a simple video card swap).

I knew it was a useless reply when the response asked if I had the latest direct x loaded, latest drivers yada yada yada. Unless I totally don't understand it, the ATI catalyst software for the radeon cards and my OS would be the same for both cards. Please correct me if I am wrong. Of course the correct direct x was loaded or the 9200 wouldn't be running it...

I guess I will simply play with the 9200 and try the 9700pro as patches are released...

DemonZero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DemonZero » 03 Jun 2006, 05:40

I'm not having luck so far. I was unable to get any e-mail off to the support team, but I did a few google searches and trolled a few forums. I found a bunch of possible solutions but ultimately none of them worked for me. However, I did manage to install it on a friend's computer and she let me try it out while she played X-box. I must say, I haven't gotten too far into the game, but I love it so far, ^_^

Right now I'm basically hoping the patch that's comming out fixes things for me, *crosses fingers*

Daxtreme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daxtreme » 05 Jun 2006, 02:19

grumpy_dwarf wrote:anyone else have problems with radeon 9700pro GPU? I swapped out the 9700pro for the old radeon 9200 that came with the system in 03. Sure enough it works now. What I don't know is if there is an issue with the radeon 9700pro or MY 9700pro. I do have a boosted power supply and the card does have an arctic cooler on it. I also know I don't have any other known issues with the 9700pro and it did work with the various beta versions of HOMM V.

Anyworking 9700pro's?
9700 Pro here and I never had any problems until recently when the fan bugged. Anyways I managed to change it and now it works fine. I've been playing Heroes5 for 2 days now and everything works out.

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 05 Jun 2006, 02:47

thanks, I may run it with the 9700pro and cover off verifying that all the fans are working properly...

xathil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

sigh...

Unread postby xathil » 05 Jun 2006, 18:46

that means i will definitely need a video card instead of my intergrated intel 82865G graphics controler :disagree: guess its time to save MORE money so i can get a compatible graphics card that works with my computer AND heroes V :(

i have the same problem
Game crashes after Loadbar is Complete

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 06 Jun 2006, 14:23

Don't complain, my entire computer is on it's last breath (making scary buzzing sounds for no reason, overheating as soon as I strain my cpu in the slightest (eg. full system virus scan, any kind of game (even my SNES emulator makes it overheat)) losing effectiveness (games I could play perfectly when I bought it (over 2 and a half years ago) now struggle to play on average quality (and I do mean struggle).

So I have to save way more than you to be able to play again -_-

And I was hoping it could last me longer so I could save up to buy myself an alienware computer B-)

sux :mad:

5il
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 06 Jun 2006, 15:41

Not to state the obvious or anything, but have you tried better cooling? :)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 06 Jun 2006, 15:50

Well, just to be able to keep it running to play any kind of games, I need to put my full fledged fan next to my tower. But I was already planning on getting liquid cooling with my (eventual) alienware PC.

5il
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 07 Jun 2006, 04:24

Daxtreme wrote:
grumpy_dwarf wrote:anyone else have problems with radeon 9700pro GPU? I swapped out the 9700pro for the old radeon 9200 that came with the system in 03. Sure enough it works now. What I don't know is if there is an issue with the radeon 9700pro or MY 9700pro. I do have a boosted power supply and the card does have an arctic cooler on it. I also know I don't have any other known issues with the 9700pro and it did work with the various beta versions of HOMM V.

Anyworking 9700pro's?
9700 Pro here and I never had any problems until recently when the fan bugged. Anyways I managed to change it and now it works fine. I've been playing Heroes5 for 2 days now and everything works out.
switched the video card fan, checked the power connections, and put the 9700pro back in - works fine. I didn't play for an extended time, but I was crashing right away previously....

Return to “Heroes V-VI”