Spellbook

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Spellbook

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 15:35

How do spells get into your spellbook anyway?I have them all around in no order at all.Mass slow comes before regular slow,and phantom image before divine might.Is there any way to organize spells without constantly clicking buttons?

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Spellbook

Unread postby scorch » 26 May 2006, 15:59

DaemianLucifer wrote:How do spells get into your spellbook anyway?I have them all around in no order at all.Mass slow comes before regular slow,and phantom image before divine might.Is there any way to organize spells without constantly clicking buttons?
the onky idea that runs in my head is that you got signs in your spell book that let you pick the magic type.....there is no other way ( i think ) to do that in you way of choice

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 26 May 2006, 16:08

From what I have noticed/learned, spells are added to your spellbook in the order they are learned from the adventure map. This doesn't necessarily mean you won't have a level-5 spell listed before a level-1 spell!

I think it's impossible to rearrange the order of the book.

The best thing you can do is hit the "school" of magic tabs... like if you mostly use dark magic, click on the dark magic tab, that gets rid of the other non-important spells you rarely use.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 16:16

Wolfshanze wrote:From what I have noticed/learned, spells are added to your spellbook in the order they are learned from the adventure map. This doesn't necessarily mean you won't have a level-5 spell listed before a level-1 spell!
This is really stupid.Not only do I have to flip my pages like a loonatic because theres just three spells per page,but now I find out that they arent aranged as well :disagree:

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 26 May 2006, 16:20

In a way, it's kinda realistic... if you had a book and a pen, and somebody said "this is how you cast Implosion", you write it in the book. Later on, somebody says "this is how you cast Slow"... you write it in the book AFTER Implosion.

While it may be more realistic, it sure isn't convenient!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 16:59

I'm also not too fond of how we're back to organize spells only after school and not after effect. I want to be able to compare my Wasp Swarm damage with the damage from my destructive spells without this flipping.
[size=0](Yes, DL/TT. I know. No need for you to comment further...)[/size]
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 17:11

Wolfshanze wrote:In a way, it's kinda realistic... if you had a book and a pen, and somebody said "this is how you cast Implosion", you write it in the book. Later on, somebody says "this is how you cast Slow"... you write it in the book AFTER Implosion.

While it may be more realistic, it sure isn't convenient!
If someone from ubi/nival uses this argument as an exuse for their obvious laziness,I swear I will pack my things and go from house to house of everyone who worked on HV an personaly punch them in the face! :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 18:55

I don't think it's lazyness- I suspect it would even have been easier to just keep a fixed order (you just has to keep track of whether the spell is known or not, not when it was learned). They obviously thought this would be cooler. :|
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 26 May 2006, 23:23

Every single day I learn of little things that are done in a worse way than Heroes II & III....Uuuuuhh....

....And the devs are great fans of Heroes III....yet they don't include such obvious and good things....

DL: I'll join you :mad:

Nival seems to the hight of lazyness by now....they didn't include a checkmark to invert the camera rotation. They didn't include a checkmark for an organised spellbook....They didn't implement the hall of fame....

I wonder if you'll see a picture of the Nival team if you look up "lazyness" in a Russian dictionary....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 May 2006, 23:30

Replace lazyness with "not really caring" and you'd be closer to the truth.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 27 May 2006, 03:15

This could easily be fixed in a patch though.. IMO this is almost a bug, it should definitely be fixed.
Last edited by HenL on 28 May 2006, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 27 May 2006, 06:13

More spells per page would make every single player happy....
Arranged spells would make almost every single player happy...
what more needs to be said?....

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 May 2006, 13:00

HenL wrote:This could easily be fixed in a patch though.. IMO this is almost a bug, it should definately be fixed.
It could,but it probabably wont be.
Ya5MieL wrote:More spells per page would make every single player happy....
Arranged spells would make almost every single player happy...
what more needs to be said?....
How about:We said the same thing during the beta,but it was in vain as it seems.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 27 May 2006, 13:04

It could,but it probabably wont be.
I concur.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”