Necro campaign Mod for Markal

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Necro campaign Mod for Markal

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 26 May 2006, 14:58

I saw this post at another M&M forum... it's not mine, but I thought it was a good mod to post...
It is located at..

http://www.geocities.com/demoshipcaptain/noleader.zip

Instructions:

Find data.pak in your HOMM5 directory (it's in the data folder)

Open it with winrar

Go to the MapObjects folder
Go to the Necropolis folder
Replace Berein.(AdvMapHeroShared).xdb file with the one that's in my zip

Now.. before you do this, you should back up data.pak if you don't really know what your doing, this should be obvious..

What this "hack" does is change the default leadership skill to Attack instead, so your not stuck with that stupid BS nerf that's just a useless skill.

If you follow instructions, you should be fine, if not, and you screw something up, DON'T ask me how to fix it, I won't help incompetent people.

Enjoy!
This would have been nice to know BEFORE I played the Necro campaign!

Yes, "Leadership" is the most useless skill to have for Markal in the Necro campaign... since undead are totally uneffected by morale, and you don't ever need to mix troops, having Leadership in this campaign is a TOTAL waste of space!

Enjoy folks... hope somebody can use it... I wish I had seen this earlier.

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 26 May 2006, 15:38

Well I agree and disagree with you
"Herald Of Death" save my ass couple of times
( "Herald Of Death"- all netural creature who join you become undead in the respective level )
But again instead of be in level 31 with my ultimate attack " Howl of Terror"
I got stuck with 3 more skill that i don't have...in level 31 it's hard to level up!

so it's kindda nice this mod!

And I got a Q
how pepole that moding know what to write in the file???
how i know the skills name that i can mod too in other campigns?????

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 26 May 2006, 16:13

Truth be told, Leadership is such a useless feature for a Necro (especially in this campaign), that I totally ignored it all campaign-long.

Every time (and I mean EVERY time) I leveled-up, I focused on some other field... maybe having Leadership helped me focus on the things I liked even more, but frankly, it was a wasted slot, and upgrading Leadership is just so not worth the trouble considering the other things you can do when you level up.

Happy to see this mod... unhappy I saw it after I completed the Necro campaign.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 17:05

I tried to use Leadership to get Herald of Death. Didn't get very many joiners though, so it was rather a waste. I did mix troops in the second map when the AI came knocking on my door before I was ready to handle it with Undeads alone.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 26 May 2006, 17:33

As i see it, its about the roleplaying. Markal is supposed to be a charismatic lier.

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 27 May 2006, 03:05

I see this as cheating though, cheating = bad + sad. Of course you're only trying to help ppl, so :).

Extrakun
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Extrakun » 28 May 2006, 12:44

HenL wrote:I see this as cheating though, cheating = bad + sad. Of course you're only trying to help ppl, so :).
Modding != cheating

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 May 2006, 17:45

Modding doesn't have to be the same as cheating, but changing the skills of a campaign hero to something you see as better is most certainly. It's really no different in principle from modding to give him 2 bone dragons at the start of each map.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 May 2006, 17:49

We may make this mod available on the site if we get some feedback on its quality and safety first.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 28 May 2006, 21:10

I downloaded it, but haven't used it, as I already completed the Necro campaign when I first saw this.

Has anyone tried it out yet?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 May 2006, 07:02

Nah, but I guess it wouldnt hurt for those who have trouble with the necro campaign.
I have finised the necro campaign with only one skeleton left against godric with two armies at his disposial. 165 mana sure wasnt enough to keep my undeads alive, still I won, deadly close to yet a failure for the 5th time! Glad Im finished with that one even on normal its a tough campaign :sweat:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 May 2006, 13:43

Orfinn wrote:Nah, but I guess it wouldnt hurt for those who have trouble with the necro campaign.
Destruction Magic with Meteor Shower. You don;t need creatures with that one. I actualy lost the battle the first time coz I used up my mana with Summon Creature (didn't even get to the second army). With the Meteor even the second army died fast, even if it took me by suprise and I didn't have many cretures left.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”