A month of bad luck

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 26 May 2006, 18:13

DaemianLucifer wrote:Nah,theres a chance I still might win.
Maybe you'll also run into the Week of I Win.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 18:23

Vlad976 wrote:
My bad luck cant last forever.Besides,if I managed to defeat 24 ancient treants with 6 succubi and a demon,without a single loss,why wouldnt I be able to win some more? :devil:

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 26 May 2006, 18:56

Treants are pretty easy to beat with there slow innitiative... they're just big meatsheilds, if they were all in one stack and you had slow spell.. you should always beat them in my experience :P
~ Rapier.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 May 2006, 19:15

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Vlad976 wrote:
My bad luck cant last forever.Besides,if I managed to defeat 24 ancient treants with 6 succubi and a demon,without a single loss,why wouldnt I be able to win some more? :devil:
Heck I had a similar experience while my 4 cerebries killed a chunk of 18 druids 8| It gotta be related to a week this cases since I did much less dmg with my only 4 cerbs on day 6 before this extra dmg week began.
BTW werent here a topic somwhere where I or somone else added all the different weeks? ;|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 19:16

No,four stacks.I also managed to win(with that same army)20 something war dancers,10 hunters,4 druids and 2 unicorns,plus a hero.Although I did end with just 3 succubi.

Now I almost won a battle against 24 elder druids and 6 ancient treants with 8 druids of my own,pit fiend and 16 master hunters.3 of their druids survived though :(

Oh how I love mass slow+phantom forces :devil:

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 27 May 2006, 02:59

I hate the negative weeks.

blueparrot1966
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby blueparrot1966 » 29 May 2006, 15:22

When I play H III, week of the plague is almost always an automatic "do over" for me. I'll go back on saved games until I get ANY other result. I'm not against the week system, but it's a big balance issue for me. The benefit or loss shouldn't be some overwhelming thing. Good weeks shouldn't be game winners, and bad weeks shouldn't mean you're HOSED, start OVER!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 15:37

blueparrot1966 wrote:When I play H III, week of the plague is almost always an automatic "do over" for me. I'll go back on saved games until I get ANY other result. I'm not against the week system, but it's a big balance issue for me. The benefit or loss shouldn't be some overwhelming thing. Good weeks shouldn't be game winners, and bad weeks shouldn't mean you're HOSED, start OVER!
Well you can restart all you want,but the weeks will stay the same(curse this random seed preserving).

ioticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ioticus » 29 May 2006, 15:37

Gaidal Cain wrote: The AI tends to get heaps of money for free, so it's quite likely it could buy those troops.
Gaidal,

How do you know the AI gets heaps of gold for free? Is this through observation or through an official source? Does it occur in MP maps as well? Does it also occur on normal difficulty? I'm trying to determine exactly what cheats the AI gets, since Nival hasn't spelled out exactly how difficulty levels affect the AI. I suspect the AI gets massive cheats, even on Normal. I would like to play against a non-cheating AI if possible. Thanks.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 15:41

ioticus wrote:How do you know the AI gets heaps of gold for free? Is this through observation or through an official source? Does it occur in MP maps as well? Does it also occur on normal difficulty? I'm trying to determine exactly what cheats the AI gets, since Nival hasn't spelled out exactly how difficulty levels affect the AI. I suspect the AI gets massive cheats, even on Normal. I would like to play against a non-cheating AI if possible. Thanks.
There you go.People have observed both campaigns,single scenarios and MP maps.AI does cheat.

ioticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ioticus » 29 May 2006, 16:02

DaemianLucifer wrote: There you go.People have observed both campaigns,single scenarios and MP maps.AI does cheat.
Thanks for the link. I suspected the AI was getting massive cheats, even on Normal :(

Return to “Heroes V-VI”