"A required security moduel can not be activated."

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Daegon1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

"A required security moduel can not be activated."

Unread postby Daegon1 » 25 May 2006, 05:54

I installed the game without a problem, I am getting the following error when i try to start the game. I need help! All antivirus is turned off.

"A required security module can not be activated."
"This program can not be executed (6000)."

Please post suggested resolutions.

My wife is a HOMV addict. She is going nuts about not being able to play....

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 25 May 2006, 06:07

Have you tried reinstalling?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 May 2006, 06:09

i can't remember if this is similar to what i was getting or not (not at home to check)

here are some suggestions thou

trying installing/re-installing directX 9.0c from the dvd

or try starting the game from your dvd drive (ie, open My Computer, double click dvd drive, then play from the homm V starting screen) - i was having a dvd drive spinup lag that was timing out the homm v exe, and getting some odd error mesg

try them for starters ....

Bob Morane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bob Morane » 25 May 2006, 07:41

Daegon, you probably have a securom issue.
Securom 7 is the copy protection Heroes V finally uses instead of starforce. Unfortunately, securom 7 checks for all sorts of blacklisted emulation software such as Daemon Tools. If you have Daemon Tools installed then the game wil not run even if you have the original DVD in your drive.

From your error it looks like securom is unable to check wether your drives are real drives or emulated drives and so decides to prevent the game from running. This is probably due to some of your devices being set to prevent read-only access. You can do this in the registry, and this used to confuse older securom versions so you could play without the CD. Maybe you did this earlier, if you did you know it.

I can't really give you more precise informations, but as your issue is most probably related to the copy protection, you should go there
http://www.gameburnworld.com/gameburnworld.htm
and search for help in their forums. Note the site is curretly unavailable, i hope it's only temporary.

This site does not support warez, they want only help people who buy their games but don't like to keep a cd/dvd in their drives 24h/24h. Don't speek warez or you will be banned from their forums. If you simply can't run the game because the copy protection don't like your system, they will be glad to help you.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 May 2006, 07:47

good help there bob, thanks

Daegon1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daegon1 » 25 May 2006, 21:13

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, i have tried to start the game from Disk No. 1 and I do NOT have any sort of emulator programs. I havent tried the link to the other forums that you provided. I will try those next.

And i still get the same error message.

Thanks guys

Daegon

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 25 May 2006, 21:39

An idea,

Does the error come up when you try and use the installer?

The reason I ask is because I had a similar error message when trying to install Oblivion official mods, and the reason turned out to be that the windows services couldn't interact with the desktop, which in user terms means it can't properly integrate with all files.

if you run the services control panel (via Start -> run -> services.msc is Windows Installer set oddly?

Daegon1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daegon1 » 26 May 2006, 01:51

I get the same error message when i use the installer disk to start up the game.

I can run oblivion just fine (have not tried the mods), I can run the Heroes V demo just fine. Zero problems.

Daegon1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daegon1 » 26 May 2006, 02:19

Update...

I have uninstalled and installed the game again. I have the CD version of the game. I realized that from the beginning, that i have forgotten all about is that during game installation (I have FOUR disks) that it Never once asked for Disk No. 2. Which contains "Data3" on it.

I have installed the game and it says installation is complete and prompts me to register the game. It still never did ask for Disk No. 2.

The installation sequence (I follow the computer prompts) is
Disk 1
Disk 3
Disk 4
Disk 1

Perhaps the reason for the error is that the installed version of the game does not contain Disk 2... manufacture defect?

Anyone here have the CD version?

Does it contain Four CDs and does it ask you for Disk No.2 duing installation?

If the game installation does not request Disk No. 2, not sure what it is for then...

Any further help here would be greatly appreciated.

Daegon

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 07:49

I believe disk 2 contains data for the non-english versions included. Several people has reported that it isn't needed for installation.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Bob Morane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bob Morane » 26 May 2006, 13:36

Mhh, can't help you with those CDs issues, i have the whole game on one DVDrom :| (European Collector Edition is on a signle DVD)
Maybe you don't even have the same copy protection than me.

Did you ever messed with your registry earlier?
If so, you should check the permissions on

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices]

Right click the section and choose persmissions. Click on Administrator, then UNCHECK DENY for READ ACCESS

If you never edited the registry, than probably it's not the cause of your trouble and it's safer not to mess with it. Well, i know i shouldn't tell you that, but maybe you should try to install a no-cd crack. At least it would tell you wether your trouble comes from the protection or from the game itself.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”