Gargoyle Mod

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
rainman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rainman » 25 May 2006, 13:55

Gargoyle looks ok as it is now, when it's not moving. But it should transform into a more lively fleshy thingy when it's on the move..
I was sure this is the way they did it when I saw the first pictures of it.. But then I saw the way it moves.. stupid flying rock.. :|
Must be changed..
Lost

Blue_Camel
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Blue_Camel » 25 May 2006, 14:07

Actually no.I believe graphics arent a big deal,hence my question why did they spend thousands of dollars on it?And if they did,why isnt it gorgeus then?
umm.. are we looking at the same game here? heroes 5 looks gorgeous

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 May 2006, 14:11

Blue_Camel wrote:umm.. are we looking at the same game here? heroes 5 looks gorgeous
No,the adventure map and towns look gorgeus.The units and heroes are crap.They looked gorgeus some 3 years ago when WCIII came out.Now,they look plain technically and the style looks crappy.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 May 2006, 14:18

I don't much care for most of the town styles either. But the game doesn't look as bad as I thought it would from the screenshots if you max everything.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 May 2006, 14:34

dragonn wrote:@Arstahd

PLEASE make a Unicorn mod (that makes Unicorns look like they were meant at the begining Silver/White --> Orange)...

I would be very greatful.
What you say really pisses me off, but since a unicorn mod can calm you down I hope they bring it on ASAP! Because what you ask for is insane, the unicorns that are now is what I have wished to see in a loong time. Tell me why should gold always means better than silver? :disagree:

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 25 May 2006, 14:43

Congrats... that's better then the flying jukeboxes...

Another "better then the original" mod.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 25 May 2006, 14:58

Orfinn wrote:
dragonn wrote:@Arstahd

PLEASE make a Unicorn mod (that makes Unicorns look like they were meant at the begining Silver/White --> Orange)...

I would be very greatful.
What you say really pisses me off, but since a unicorn mod can calm you down I hope they bring it on ASAP! Because what you ask for is insane, the unicorns that are now is what I have wished to see in a loong time. Tell me why should gold always means better than silver? :disagree:
Well I know that it pisses you off Orfinn :D. Everytime I write about those Unicorns, you are there to criticize it. But it's my obsession. It's not about which looks stronger. I simply really, really like the art style of the first Unicorns. When I first saw them I simply said to myself those will be my favourite units. Then the horror when I saw their new version. I can't understand why it's making me so frustrated. It's just some stupid colours for crying out loud. Then again, for me it's a plane devastation of sth very good at the begining. By making a mod everyone will be happy (mod is an optional thing). I'm just asking for one, I don't have any modding skills, Arstahd has.

So once again I ask. Will you Arstahd or anyone, make a mod which changes Unicorns from the final version in the version from first screenshots?
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Oakwarrior
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby Oakwarrior » 25 May 2006, 16:17

Could you guys teach me how to swap the Green Dragon and Emerald Dragon for the Firebird and Phoenix? B-)
I've gotten the Phoenix to work (recruitable, n' all that), but alas, I can't get the Firebird to show up :disagree: :(

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Re: Gargoyle Mod

Unread postby Rapier » 25 May 2006, 16:36

Zamolxis wrote:
Arstahd wrote: What they always complained it's "impossible" to do "in just a few months", fans are proving now it can be done in just a few days.
It's not really fair to say that a retexture is sufficient replacement for the gargoyle models. Sure it's fine for a forum member to do if they don't like the gargoyles, but a company that's making money off the product would get a lot of flak for taking this route to appease the fans.

I personally like the gargoyles in the game, even though they're animation is a bit ridiculous, so I'll not be trying this mod.
~ Rapier.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 25 May 2006, 16:59

The company DEFINATELY should not re-use the same models... but they shouldn't have modeled a Juke Box either (especially for flying).

What was wrong with how the Gargoyles have always been portrayed and/or animated? That's the route they should have went!

Maybe somebody will make a UNIQUE model for the Gargoyle in the future... but for now, anything is better then the kitchen-applience gargoyles we have now.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 25 May 2006, 18:50

Sorry, but I can't take the imps for gargoyles, just because they have a different texture... Designing a new creature from scratch is really a different job from what we see here...

This does not mean that I'm in any way against the mods - I love the disable-UI-mousoversoudn mod, and I like the necro-blackknight mod - but I hope that people will soon find out what formats Ubi used for models and animation, so there can be REAL new gargoyles and treants for those who don't like the original ones, instead of such cheap and silly (to my mind) retexturing of demons.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 25 May 2006, 18:52

Oakwarrior wrote:Could you guys teach me how to swap the Green Dragon and Emerald Dragon for the Firebird and Phoenix? B-)
I've gotten the Phoenix to work (recruitable, n' all that), but alas, I can't get the Firebird to show up :disagree: :(
What have you changed until now? Do I get it right that you have a firebird texture but no firebird model? How did you change the phoenix? (changed the creature or changed the dragon's model?)

Oakwarrior
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby Oakwarrior » 25 May 2006, 19:00

Jerrie wrote:
Oakwarrior wrote:Could you guys teach me how to swap the Green Dragon and Emerald Dragon for the Firebird and Phoenix? B-)
What have you changed until now? Do I get it right that you have a firebird texture but no firebird model? How did you change the phoenix? (changed the creature or changed the dragon's model?)
I made the Sylvan lvl 7 upg. dwelling recruit Phoenixes, just renamed CREATURE_EMERALD(was it Emerald? Can't remember)_DRAGON with CREATURE_PHOENIX.
How can I see wether the Firebird has a model or not?
Characters folder? Ooooor someplace else?

Aarok
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aarok » 25 May 2006, 19:01

I would be very happy if someone told me how to edit the creature textures. I mean colours and such. I tried opening the *.tga.dds files with photoshop and even if I erased the .dds extension it couldn't be opened. Help.
Thanks in advance!

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 26 May 2006, 10:04

Arstahd, could you please post a tutorial on how to make creature mods? I'd like to make my own mod/creature...:D

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 26 May 2006, 15:06

Aarok wrote:I would be very happy if someone told me how to edit the creature textures. I mean colours and such. I tried opening the *.tga.dds files with photoshop and even if I erased the .dds extension it couldn't be opened. Help.
Thanks in advance!
You either need a plugin for Photoshop, or you download IrfanView (google for it) and convert it for editing.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 26 May 2006, 15:07

Oakwarrior wrote:
Jerrie wrote:
I made the Sylvan lvl 7 upg. dwelling recruit Phoenixes, just renamed CREATURE_EMERALD(was it Emerald? Can't remember)_DRAGON with CREATURE_PHOENIX.
How can I see wether the Firebird has a model or not?
Characters folder? Ooooor someplace else?
You could try through all the IDs in the bin\models folder :D

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 26 May 2006, 17:55

I checked and there are firebirds ;)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 May 2006, 19:26

Are they much different from the neutral phoenixes?

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 26 May 2006, 19:57

From the texture, I'd say there was an old firebird model which looked quite different from the actual phoenix in the game.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”