So, was JollyJoker's preview accurate?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

So, was JollyJoker's preview accurate?

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 24 May 2006, 23:15

Hi all,

First post on the board so I'm happy to be here. Long time heroes fan, played Heroes II at a friends house and had to have it. I then played H II and all the expansions and H I as well. I never really got into III but will return to it some day. IV I played for about a month but ultimately got frustrated.

But I've come away from my original point which is Heroes V. I'm chomping at the bit here in the U.S. Jolly Joker's preview got me really pumped up about the game so I'm checking into see if you veterans think it was accurate. For example, do you find yourself not upgrading units to take advantage of their specials and cheaper cost? Are the Racial powers worthwhile?

Also, none of the information I've read has clarified this point for me...in Heroes II it is very easy to tell what has happened to your creatures, for example if they are turned to stone they are grey or if they are paralyzed
they have an icon over their head. Is it easy to tell what is going on in battle? (This was a big problem H IV).

That's all for now. Thanks.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 24 May 2006, 23:27

You need to "double-right-click" to see what spells are in-effect on creatures during battle.

Somethings still don't seem apparent though... like Berskerk or Puppetry may be listed as "in-effect", but then the creature goes about it's business normally... dunno.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2006, 23:40

Upgraded units usualy have a big increase in stats, so unless ur strapped for money there's no real reason not to upgrade. The Peasant is the only one that comes to mind because of the Taxpayer ability and because Training them to Archer cost as much as for the Conscript.

The Racial skills are pretty good.

The only indication about ur creature being affected with something is that the Creature Number changes colour. Red for Curses and Green(?) for Blesses.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 May 2006, 01:44

well your questions have already been answered .... except for the "preview/review" - i think it was quite accurate .... and the game is great, hope you get it soon

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 25 May 2006, 03:41

stefan.urlus wrote:well your questions have already been answered .... except for the "preview/review" - i think it was quite accurate .... and the game is great, hope you get it soon
Well I'm planning to look in the shop tomorrow. I'm uncertain of the actual availability here in the U.S. but tomorrow is the 25th so finger's crossed. And it looks like a patch will be available soon...so even better. *Goes looking for Oblivion patch*

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 May 2006, 04:53

good luck .... for both items ;-)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 May 2006, 16:51

For those who haven't read it yet, here is JollyJoker's preview.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”