Necromancer Campaign 2nd Mission. Help!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Necromancer Campaign 2nd Mission. Help!

Unread postby Purple Sky » 24 May 2006, 17:41

What the...?! Everything was rather easy until this mission.

4th day. Im only beginning to conquer the mines etc. The enemy *already* arrives. Where i have only built archers, the 15th level enemy hero has 10 djinny sultans, mages and hordes of lesser creatures. He doesnt just walk around. He came with a ship and attacked my hero.

Any tips?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2006, 19:08

Markal is invincible because of his Special. Forget the town, forget the mines, go for the neutral undead units.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 May 2006, 20:10

Seems you have some bad luck. There was a enemy that was about as much stronger than me that showed up, but that wasn't until week 2. I holed up in the town, and had a great stroke of luck when he took out the Titans next to it and then went back towards his ship, allowing me to grab those wraiths, which gave me the strength needed to defeat him. Hopefully, if you retry it, the enemy won't be quite as quick to show up.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2006, 20:30

Use Godric to fight the harder battles with the non-undead creatures, don't bother with losing too many creatures, he's only there to let Markal get to the undead. Get all the undead you can with Markal. Kill the lvl 1's with Markal for the Skeletons.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 24 May 2006, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 24 May 2006, 20:32

I think the difficulty was set to heroic by accident or some such. When i first played this mission there were 8 titans and 8 colossols next to the town. Now there are only 5 colossols.

Hmmm...

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 24 May 2006, 21:12

Markal is unstoppable in pretty much the entire campaign... the Necromancer campaign is the easiest by far.

Markal can ignore all Necro towns... for the entire campaign, he just wanders around and picks-up neutral undead... as well as fight every weak neutral stack he can, creating thousands of undead archers.

Combine this with the "Animate Dead" spell, the occasional "Slow", "Decay" and/or "Curse of the Netherworld" spell, and Markal will win every single battle with ease.

I can fight any enemy in the Necro campaign and walk away with a larger army then I started... just Animate Dead the stacks that get wounded and kill everyone else... Decay works good in combination with Animate Dead, because it continues to do damage while you restore your own troops. I haven't even been nervous about a single battle in the entire Necro campaign... it's too easy.

Heck, I even whiped-out 55 Titans in one battle and walked away with a bigger army then I started.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2006, 21:18

The only way you can lose is if you get the second hero killed. After the first time that happened to me Godric and Isabel didn't go anywere near the enemy ever again.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 24 May 2006, 21:22

ThunderTitan wrote:The only way you can lose is if you get the second hero killed. After the first time that happened to me Godric and Isabel didn't go anywere near the enemy ever again.
Amen... Markal is UNSTOPPABLE in the entire campaign... not even comes close to ever losing... especially after I got Summon Phoenix (well, it wasn't close before then either).

But definately... keep Isabel and Godric far from the enemy... use only Markal with animate dead, slow and decay... should be enough to win every single battle (make sure Markal learns both Summoning and Death magic of course... and SORCERY helps too... those three together make Markal a killer.... speaking of which, controlling his first learned skills are crucial... he starts with two, including the most useless for a Necro, Leadership... you must learn Death, Summoning and Sorcery... a nice final skill is logistics... that's what my Markal learned).

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 May 2006, 21:40

I had some trouble with the very last battle iin that campaign. Summon Phoenix really saved me there, as I lost lots of my army quickly. Of course, once I had gotten the upper hamd, raise dead meant that most of my army came back.

Slightly tangential- did you get Herald of Death? I got it, but I never had many undead joiners. Kind of sad, since it's about the only thing that makes Leadership worth it.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 24 May 2006, 22:14

Try to make AI land more on the west side, and let him take that Curse of the Netherworld scroll.

Oh, the joys of AI stupidity.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2006, 23:50

Gaidal Cain wrote:I had some trouble with the very last battle iin that campaign. Summon Phoenix really saved me there, as I lost lots of my army quickly. Of course, once I had gotten the upper hamd, raise dead meant that most of my army came back.
Destructive magic baby.

The first time I did the mistake of Summoning Creatures from Lorekeep and wasting all my mana. Didn't even manage to kill Godric's first army. Reloaded and only summoned some Wights. Then used Meteor Shower to kill all his creatures. I was kinda taken aback when the second army showed up, but Spirit Link gave me enough mana for a MS for the lower lvls and an Implosion for the Angels. I loved the battle.

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 25 May 2006, 01:46

I think it's bugged, or at the very least VERY poorly designed. The first time I played that mission I killed the colossi close to the town to get the liches, and an unbeatable army came. I had to restart and this time I wasn't invaded at all -.-.

Heh, had my first long h5 session on that mission yesterday.. When I looked at the clock it was 9 am :|.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 May 2006, 09:07

ThunderTitan wrote: Destructive magic baby.
The first time I did the mistake of Summoning Creatures from Lorekeep and wasting all my mana. [...]
I didn't have to reload, but I was taken aback by the strength of his troops when I attacked. Then I summoned the Phoenix, and the rest was easy. And yes, the "second wave" was a cool thing. I was wondering where those units who had "gone to join him" went for a while...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”