Do you miss stronghold?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you miss "stronghold"?

Yes, loved that town
67%
Dont care if they are in the game or not
19%
No, never played as them anyway
15%

Total votes: 117

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Do you miss stronghold?

Unread postby Jimmpi » 23 May 2006, 20:09

Hello..

I'm just woundering if anyone miss the stronghold town with Behemoth
, cyclops and Thunderbird??? I am!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 May 2006, 20:17

Voted the first option,although its not completely true.I did love the barbs,but not always.There were times though,when I simply adored them.And I really want to see them back.But then again,considering how ugly the units look now,at the same time I dont want them ruined as well.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 23 May 2006, 20:22

NO!

Give me Highelves, Dwarves, Greenskins or something else.

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 23 May 2006, 20:23

Yup, Stronghold... and Fortress too, the neutral underdogs. :devious:
Great stuff, but don't know if they'd fit in H5.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 23 May 2006, 20:32

I have to agree that Behemoth looked butt ugly in heroes IV, but I stilled loved thoes guys..:) Really hope they will be in a expansion in the future.

Crags_Legacy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crags_Legacy » 23 May 2006, 20:38

Stronghold must be back, period. Im counting it in in expansion, 100%. Reference to Crag Hack in the campaigns and some hints in the printed map give hope 2, but i just got that feeling. If not, it would be a great betrayal for the hardcore fans that played Crag from HOMM-I to the present days. Even Queen Isabel fears his legend!! Damn it!! :devil:

PD: Cant remember if Crag made it to homm4, i played that game so long ago :P (ugly cousin o'da homm family imho anyway) but I think he was in, as stronghold was, so make them back, plx plx plx etc. k? Over and out.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 23 May 2006, 20:44

One of the most strongest reason they should be back is outherwise the game has no might just magic....they could rename the game to heroes of magic and magic then.. ;|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 May 2006, 20:45

Crags_Legacy wrote:Stronghold must be back, period. Im counting it in in expansion, 100%. Reference to Crag Hack in the campaigns and some hints in the printed map give hope 2, but i just got that feeling. If not, it would be a great betrayal for the hardcore fans that played Crag from HOMM-I to the present days. Even Queen Isabel fears his legend!! Damn it!! :devil:

PD: Cant remember if Crag made it to homm4, i played that game so long ago :P (ugly cousin o'da homm family imho anyway) but I think he was in, as stronghold was, so make them back, plx plx plx etc. k? Over and out.
Yep,he was there as well.But I hate the reference we have now.They killed the old heroes,so they shouldnt mock them as well :disagree:

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 23 May 2006, 21:06

at Crags Legacy:

first off: they cant include any heroes from old universe because, well, its a different universe! they only mentioned CH before cause they thought it would be cool/funny.

second: DONT STEAL MY ICON!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can use the CH icon from H4, im pretty sure i saw it there before. or the one from H3, but NOT the one from H1 or 2! got it? thank you.
Last edited by soupnazii on 23 May 2006, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 23 May 2006, 21:06

oh yea, and welcome to the forums.... have a nice stay....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 May 2006, 21:17

Barbarian faction is a must. It's been in every HoMM. And I don't trust Ubi/Nival enough to replace the Behemoth and Cyclops. Stronghold for the win.

Now lets get some wood to burn Campaigner as a Heretic. B-)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 23 May 2006, 21:37

Stronghold was always an excellent town. And let's face it, one can make most things fit into a good story with a little pushing and shoving and just because Ashan for the most part sucks a little doesn't mean there is no place for good old barbarians.

Indeed, it provides a certain much-needed niche in any Heroes game.

Similarly the unique experiment in H3 with the fortress town was a very good idea and I wish it had gone through to both H4 and H5. Alas.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 23 May 2006, 22:04

I loved Stronghold/Barbarian alot...It was one of the original 4 in H1...I'm defintely hoping for it to come in an expansion, rather than some other kind of town...

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 23 May 2006, 22:40

The only thing i miss from the stronghold is the thunderbird. I dont like the idea of a barbarian faction, never made any sense to me.

Blue_Camel
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Blue_Camel » 23 May 2006, 22:50

i agree, barbarian creatures aren't out of place in the game, but most of them are nomadic/isolationist and should stay that way as neutral creatures, not organized into a town.

edit: although it wouldn't be too unreasonable to have a creature "outpost" thing (maybe a cave?) like they have with all the castles now where you could recruit, say.. orcs, wolves/wargs, and cyclopes.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 23 May 2006, 22:53

Barbarian/Stronghold has been in every Heroes game. It should have been included in Heroes 5.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 May 2006, 23:07

soupnazii wrote:at Crags Legacy:
second: DONT STEAL MY ICON!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can use the CH icon from H4, im pretty sure i saw it there before. or the one from H3, but NOT the one from H1 or 2! got it? thank you.
While it's true that more than one person sharing an avatar can be confusing, you certainly have no right to speak to him in that manner. A polite request would have been quite OK, but going all-caps and adding enough exclamation mark to last a whole year of normal posting is not accpetable behavior around here.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 23 May 2006, 23:10

+ It's not exactly an original avatar..

I'd love to see a barbarian town in the expansion.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 24 May 2006, 00:51

Vote YES I want Stronghold!

For most of the reasons already mentioned:

First off, the barbarians have been in since H1 (maybe King’s Bounty; I haven’t played that myself so I’m not sure). I feel they are an important part of the series.

Second, I find it rather sad that Nival saw fit to have half the towns with Dragons in level 7. So bringing back the Behemoth (or even the Cyclops, for those of you who didn’t have the great good fortune to play H1 or H2, but the Behemoth were interesting) in a 7th level position would add some much needed variety.

Also, I agree the Fortress (or an equivalent) should be added. It doesn’t have a fraction of the history of the Stronghold, but it has character.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 24 May 2006, 01:23

sry GC, ur right, shouldnt have done that. sent pm politley asking. hope im forgiven.

back on topic:

A barbarian town will deffinetly be included, theres no doubt about that. Crag Hack, however, will not be in H5, and probably not in any future Heroes games either. they may have moved them to the mountains, snow area, but since that area really fis the dwarves much more, and they probably get a new town also, it probably will go to the dwarves and the barbs will once again get the rough terrain. i hope the nomads arent included in it. think about it: a nomad. the whole point of them is that the dont settle down in towns. i think Ubi is smart enough to realise this and will keep them as neutrals. also a possibility- a barb/orc town. if the orcs are included in the game at all, then they might join in an orc/goblin/ogre town in an expansion, but they might also fit in with the barbs. there are so many possibilities that its hard to tell what they might possibly do. They will probably only add two towns, most likey a dwarf town and a barb town, and if a third it might be something like the fortress. but you never know...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”