Buglist

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Willow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Willow » 05 Nov 2007, 09:53

HoMM 5 Gold Edition: This isn't a major bug as such, but thought I'd mention it anyway. Everytime you enter a town, the town music starts from the beginning instead of continuing on where it left off (as it does in H3 & H4, and with other music in the game). I'm not sure if the previous version of H5 also did this since I never played them, only played the demo (and as far as I remember this glitch wasn't present in the demo) and now the Gold Edition.

Alabaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alabaster » 21 Nov 2007, 08:18

I was playing a 3x3 against the computer today. He raised a stack of shadow mistresses (the invisibility+ whip upgrade). They stayed invisible while attacking for all three rounds.

Also, it is easy to find the invisible creatures with many placed spells or effects.

Also, The tier 2 demon upgrades seem to be able to leap out of entangling roots.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 03 Dec 2007, 20:56

Sort of a bug or at the least a poorly designed map: Final map of the ToE campaign. For some reason, Gotai (an ally controlled by the AI), surfaces and roams around. Unfortunately, then he decides to try to go underground. Every time he does, because of this map's rules, he is teleported back to the surface, but he tries over and over and over---about 4 times/turn, requiring an "ok" click each time by me.

Lethaltoto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Buglist

Unread postby Lethaltoto » 04 Dec 2007, 15:46

Gaidal Cain wrote: Campaign bugs

Unconfirmed:

Haven
map 5:
[*]If you dig up the Tear of Asha before you get the objective for it, Agrael will stop attacking your town and you will never get the objectives needed to complete the mission.
I'm playing version 1.06, in a french game, and I confirm half of this: Agrael has stopped his attacks and is "stuck" to is castle in the south-east.
So effectively I can't get one objective: to defend my own city.
BUT :
- I didn't dig up the Tear of Asha before to have to do it.
- I still have access to all the other objectives, but even if I accomplish them I cannot end the scenario.

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 08 Dec 2007, 01:09

I'm not sure about this, but I think the new TotE spells don't come up in mage guilds in the pre-TotE levels...

Meneldil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Meneldil » 10 Dec 2007, 17:46

My game keep crashing in the last TotE campaign. It usually happens during battles, early on (~between 1st and 5th move).
I'm currently stuck at Kujin battle in the final map.

Never ever happened before that campaign.

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 26 Dec 2007, 19:34

Is it normal Zehir to be with freyda??? :| :| :|

I mean wtf?
Dont angry the banana!

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 28 Jan 2008, 18:17

System: Windows XP
Game it happened: HV Vanilla
Where: Warlock campaign, Mission 3: the Cultists.
Version: 1.4 - 1.41 - 1.5 - 1.6
Description:

Right after acomplishing the mission the following screen shows up and the game crashes back to Windows Desktop:

Measures tried: 1 - re-installing game several times, 2 - Tried different versions, 3 - Tried changing screen resolution of the game, 4 - Tried changing screen resolution and color scheme of Windows.

Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

W.

P.S - So sorry system-message is in Portuguese :ashamed:

kcwong
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kcwong » 29 Jan 2008, 02:19

Wolfsburg, although I don't understand Portuguese, I can tell the error code you're receiving is 0x00000008.

It's a Windows error code that means:
Not enough storage is available to process this command.
So I guess you're either out of memory (RAM) or storage space (Harddisk). Since that's the end of a campaign, the game would need to update your game profile, so I think both are possible.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 29 Jan 2008, 16:28

Thanks for the answer Kcwong!

But I assume the problem is not harddisk storage space since I have 120gb space left.

This leaves us with the RAM insufficiency hypothesis, which would be strange, since I got 2Gb RAM.

But your explanation is still quite convincing. Probably theres something wrong with my computer's configuration...

Background: I just changed my PC to the following new configuration: 3.6 Sempron processer, 512mb Gforce Videoboard, 2Gb RAM, a 80Gb HD and a second 160Gb one.

ticu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ticu » 29 Jan 2008, 19:38

hello
i have a problem
i'm playing hammers of fate, the second campaign
and when i enter a combat, the game closes
what can i do
thank you

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 03 Feb 2008, 13:38

Decided not to open an whole new topic so:

I was just playing with Vinrael (in TotE) and realized, that in level 10 and Expert Enlightenment I still got 1150 Experience (1000 + 15%). So is this specialty of his by +2 more % exp. per level works or what?

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 04 Feb 2008, 00:24

maybe it's just from battles.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 04 Feb 2008, 05:25

It's written:

"This bonus is multiplicative with any other experience bonus"

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Feb 2008, 21:34

Is it possible for sky daughters to cast chain lightning before having sacrificed any goblins?

Because it just happened to me in a battle against a neutral stack of sky daughters.

I cannot see how they could cast the spell in the absence of any goblins, so this must be a bug.

Anyone have this happen to them?

EDIT: Never mind. It was The week of...something or other. This is about the n-th time a particular week has screwed with me like this. ;|
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Mar 2008, 15:42

I'm in the last map of the orc campaign in ToE, and when I try to attack the final hero in the last castle, no battle triggers. Has anyone else seen this?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 Apr 2008, 19:09

OK, so I start this Random Map, choose artefact and get Sack of Endless Gold (+250 gold per day) as one. Suddenly it disappear in the middle of the third week :| I have never payed attention to it, but I think it's the first time to happen with me. I mean... is this normal?

Karyant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Bug in Map1 Necromancer campaign

Unread postby Karyant » 27 Oct 2008, 21:56

System: Windons XP
Patch: 1.5
Game: Heros of Might and Magic V (no expansions)

:tired: I start to play HMM V and when I play Temptation (first map of Necro campaign) when I finally arrive in Vigil e talk to Izabel I dont win the game.

Considerations.

1) I already restart this game and dont work
2) I win the battle with my main character.
3) The options said that I need reach Vigil, but I am already reach this city. I need something else to do????
4) I succed to avoid the patrols

Question. Its just a bug that I need restart over and over until works??

Thanks for any help.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 27 Oct 2008, 22:02

I'll report a very annoying gameplay bug:

You know the Paokai's ability, to target multiple enemies but the total damage is the same as attacking only one creature, since each target receives less damage than usual? Well, in Retaliations, it targets all adjacent creatures with full damage.

So, until this bug is fixed, watch out how you attack Paokais that can retaliate! It can prove to be fatal at times!
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 13 Nov 2008, 05:36

if you go up against large neutrals, you can abuse terrain and arcane crystal.

X = obstacle
C= Crystal
U=your small stack

_ X _
_ _ C

U _ _

The AI will not attack the arcane crystal, allowing you to use hero attacks to kill any amount of large creatures if the terrain favors you.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”