[comics] Morons of Might and Magic // *spoilers !*

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Jun 2006, 08:57

Issue #3, with the true reasons of Markal's exile.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 09:04

Phahaha!Now I cant wait to reach the necro campaign!

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Jun 2006, 09:12

DaemianLucifer wrote:Phahaha!Now I cant wait to reach the necro campaign!
Maybe I should put a *spoiler* somewhere in the topic title ?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 09:36

Maybe you should.

But even though I know its kind of spoilerish,its also intruiging in a way :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Jun 2006, 13:38

Come on... necromancers talking to the dead isn't a spoiler. Neither is them being wacky in the head. Now, if you were comenting on the idiotic way he talks....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 Jun 2006, 19:38

But then there would have to be all that random *banshee howl* or *casting spell* that apprantly necromancers do all the time while they talk...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Jun 2006, 20:53

Thanks Marzhin, these are great (and funny :-D ). Just exactly how I felt too after completing the campaigns. :rofl:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 20:58

Oh come on!This is too much!Its so obvious that they tried to copy gauldoths insanity!But gauldoths insanity was showed inteligence and lonelyness,while this one shows just sillyness and ...errr....dumbness(is this a word?)

They even managed to destroy the flawless joke of dead people dying to do something. :disagree:

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 01 Jun 2006, 21:39

yes good jokes i like them realy funny:) the second one realy made me laughe grate job!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 02:05

DaemianLucifer wrote:Its so obvious that they tried to copy gauldoths insanity
Huh?! He never gave me the impresion he was insane? He had some quirks, but that's to be expected from a guy who's only half alive.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 07:21

ThunderTitan wrote: Huh?! He never gave me the impresion he was insane? He had some quirks, but that's to be expected from a guy who's only half alive.
Oh really?His first speech clearly siad:"Sanity is just a spider that slowly creeps to my mind unaware of the fingers rech for it,catching it,poping it to my mouth"(not the same words,but similar).Sounds insane to me.Beside,if you lived alone in the woods for years(might be a decade),youd go insane as well.But like I said,that was just a sign of lonelyness,and inteligence could still be seen.You could relly feel him as a real character.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Jun 2006, 08:12

i haven't yet had the "pleasure" of this campaign .... sound like the quality of the dialogue really improves ...... :S

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 02 Jun 2006, 10:24

stefan.urlus wrote:i haven't yet had the "pleasure" of this campaign .... sound like the quality of the dialogue really improves ...... :S
Actually the line was from Heroes 4 Death campaign. And the hero was Gauldoth the Half-Dead. It's actually in the starting line. Storylines were propably the most interesting of any Heroes game (can't comment on Heroes 5 yet, but it seems to be too predictable) and dialogue suberb.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Jun 2006, 10:28

Humakt wrote:
stefan.urlus wrote:i haven't yet had the "pleasure" of this campaign .... sound like the quality of the dialogue really improves ...... :S
Actually the line was from Heroes 4 Death campaign. And the hero was Gauldoth the Half-Dead. It's actually in the starting line.
I think stefan was referring to the comicstrip itself ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 11:47

DaemianLucifer wrote: Oh really?His first speech clearly said:"Sanity is just a spider that slowly creeps to my mind unaware of the fingers rech for it,catching it,poping it to my mouth"(not the same words,but similar).Sounds insane to me.Beside,if you lived alone in the woods for years(might be a decade),youd go insane as well.But like I said,that was just a sign of lonelyness,and inteligence could still be seen.You could relly feel him as a real character.
No, see, insane people don't know they're insane.... kinda the whole point. G was just a bit unhinged at the start from all he's been through, but once he got a purpose he got over it....

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 12:29

ThunderTitan wrote: No, see, insane people don't know they're insane.... kinda the whole point. G was just a bit unhinged at the start from all he's been through, but once he got a purpose he got over it....
Theres a condition known as teporary insanity.Used usually to defend yourself in court.But it doesnt manifest itself only from anger and for short periods like a few hours in a form of a killing spree.It can also manifest itself from long solitude in the form of animalism or split personalities.And gauldoth didnt say he was insane."Sanity is just like a spider...".Basically he said that at moments he feels like he is loosing his mind.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 12:34

DaemianLucifer wrote:"Sanity is just like a spider...".Basically he said that at moments he feels like he is loosing his mind.
Thus unhinged... but not insane yet. Markal seems completly gone, though that might just be the awful dialogue.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 17:00

Oh,I almost saw acting in a cutscene!When markal speaks with isabel about raising nicolai and comes to the part about "...your lower...",it almost felt like a real acting.If only it wasnt for that greenish cloud and the whoosh sound....Oh well,better then the rest.

(didnt know where else to post,since it is a spoiler,yet I didnt want to open a new thread,sooo...thanks for understanding :D )

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 07 Jun 2006, 09:17

Some dark elves obviously don't know the saying "Never deal with a Dragon"...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jun 2006, 09:58

:lolu:

Oh,such a clever disguise it really is.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”