Need Help. Game crashes after loadbar is complete

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nokas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Need Help. Game crashes after loadbar is complete

Unread postby nokas » 23 May 2006, 01:24

Hi, The game crashes after the load bar is complete and at 100%, this happens if i try to play campaign or custom. I appriciate every bit of help!

GPU: Radeon 9000pro 128mb

Time of this report: 5/21/2002, 01:37:11
Machine name: STI
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclient.010817-1148)
Language: Norwegian (Bokmål) (Regional Setting: Norwegian (Bokmål))
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 193MB used, 2269MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 23 May 2006, 08:40

Try re-installing DirectX. I read somewhere that it might help because it might not have been installed correctly.
Maybe I'm blind but it seems you haven't listed your graphics card?
I got a new (and fairly expensive) graphics card and it saved the entire game :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 23 May 2006, 11:10

His graphics card is his "GPU" which stands for Graphcis Processing Unit, I think. It's an old one, I think.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 23 May 2006, 12:41

Oh, then my advice is to invest in a new Graphics Card especially if you want to play new and demanding games in the future..
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

nokas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nokas » 23 May 2006, 22:50

my firend has the exact same GPU as mine, but he doesnt have any problems with crashes...

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 24 May 2006, 01:11

listen, i had the exact same problem as u, but i got a new graphics card (i think it was a Radeon 9250 something or other...) and now the game works perfectly. also, i can play most games now in highest graphics quality, which is really rewarding. i really suggest you do that and get yourself a new graphics card. even if it doesnt work to let you play H5, it will still be a good investment.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 May 2006, 01:29

did u try the reinstall of directX?? and maybe a reinstall altogether? might not hurt, perhaps before u fork out on a new graphics card

drewsof
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby drewsof » 26 May 2006, 22:27

I'm having the same problem, but I'm pretty computer-illiterate at times and I actually have no idea even how to check and see if my computer's graphics card and such are up to speed for this game... anyone able to help me out with that?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 May 2006, 22:41

To see what kind of hardware you've got, right-click the "My computer" icon and hit Properties. Then click on the tab that makes the following picture appear:

If you click the top button (here marked "Enhetsbehandling"), this image will appear:

Click on the video card description like I have done in this picture to see the video card specs. As you can see, mine is a Radeon x600 256Mb.

Did that help?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

maleen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maleen » 27 May 2006, 02:35

I had the same problem as you, when i tried to install this in my old computer (512 MB RAM, 64 VGA). However when i installed in the new computer (512 RAM, 128 VGA), it works acceptably.
But i see that your specs are even better my new comp. so it should work for you. Maybe you should try to reduce the quality in the options menu before loading.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 27 May 2006, 02:53

turn off anti-aliasing and the other slider option if they are on, would help.

heroesrules
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby heroesrules » 27 May 2006, 13:56

Hi, i'm having the same problem as you. I have a Sony Vaio laptop with no mods to it.
specs
Featuring a brawny 2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor with 512 KB Level 2 cache, a 533 MHz system bus, 512 MB DDR SDRAM memory (upgradeable to 1024 MB) and a 64 MB ATI Radeon IGP 345M graphics chipset (with 64 MB shared video memory), the unit will quickly carve through most any task it is given, including many 3-D games and applications.

I have set it to the lowest settings and turned off all the sliding options. It still doesn't work. I need help.

after it goes to 100% it goes back to the desk top with an error message.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2006, 14:03

heroesrules wrote:64 MB ATI Radeon IGP 345M graphics chipset (with 64 MB shared video memory),
I'm thinking this is it. You probably need a new v-card.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 27 May 2006, 15:06

Hmm...what about the video card drivers...???

heroesrules
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby heroesrules » 27 May 2006, 15:09

Mitzah wrote:Hmm...what about the video card drivers...???
where do I look for that?

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 27 May 2006, 17:11

I've uninstalled and re-installed the game, I have a brand new Radeon X1300 video card (shoot, I can play Oblivion with graphics cranked up), my DXDIAG says I have DirectDX 9.0c, I've tried installing the DirectDX from the disk - at least twice, and I still get that stupid
Error: d3dx9_25.dll Entry Point Not Found notice. I've tried sending the support staff an email, but although they make note that my e-mail is on record they don't recognize my name and password and won't let me send them a question without logging in. If I try to log in as a different user from Bethel, they say my e-mail address is already on file and won't accept the new account.

All in all, I'm getting just a bit miffed.

Any suggestions from anyone?

thanks.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 May 2006, 18:31

Well, this is the answer you would get:

"If you receive any error messages pertaining to the file "d3dx9_25.dll", please follow the directions below:

In order to resolve this problem, you will need to install the version of DirectX 9.0c that is on the game disk (Disk 1). This will update any previous DirectX installations and supply the correct files needed by the game.

The DirectX installer (DXSETUP.exe) can be found on the game disk (Disk 1) in the \ DirectX directory".

More answer from Ubi support here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Caine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Caine » 27 May 2006, 18:49

The directX install didn't work for me either.
Very frustrating.

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 28 May 2006, 05:23

Kalah wrote:Well, this is the answer you would get:

"If you receive any error messages pertaining to the file "d3dx9_25.dll", please follow the directions below:

In order to resolve this problem, you will need to install the version of DirectX 9.0c that is on the game disk (Disk 1). This will update any previous DirectX installations and supply the correct files needed by the game.

The DirectX installer (DXSETUP.exe) can be found on the game disk (Disk 1) in the \ DirectX directory".

More answer from Ubi support here.
At which time I would be able to repeat that I had already done that - twice.

If anyone can tell me why it won't work and what's different between the 9.0c that H5 has and the one that I loaded from Oblivian, I would be grateful.

drewsof
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby drewsof » 29 May 2006, 04:12

Okay, so I figured out that my card is the GeForce 4 MX... which is not supported... so what options do I have, short of buying a new video card? I'm planning on picking up a laptop for college in the near future, but I want my Heroes fix now! ;) so what can I do?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”