No High Score?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 57
Joined: 16 Apr 2006

No High Score?

Postby Minmaster » May 22 2006, 18:04

Am I missing something or does H5 not have high score section? for people who prefer scenarios over campaign, theres no way of keeping record of scores and what maps you beat...hope they address this in the patch..

User avatar
Sikon
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 542
Joined: 22 Dec 2005
Location: Russia

Postby Sikon » May 22 2006, 18:08

If people complain every time you try to bring SF elements in a supposedly mixed SF/fantasy universe, something is wrong with the concept. And besides, the constant introduction of new worlds turned that universe into quite a mess. I'm all for the cleaner, more consistent and manageable Ashan continuity.

User avatar
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 11282
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: City 17

Re: No High Score?

Postby DaemianLucifer » May 22 2006, 18:22

Minmaster wrote:Am I missing something or does H5 not have high score section? for people who prefer scenarios over campaign, theres no way of keeping record of scores and what maps you beat...hope they address this in the patch..


No,theres no scorebord :disagree:

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23266
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » May 22 2006, 18:25

Sikon wrote:If people complain every time you try to bring SF elements in a supposedly mixed SF/fantasy universe, something is wrong with the concept. And besides, the constant introduction of new worlds turned that universe into quite a mess. I'm all for the cleaner, more consistent and manageable Ashan continuity.


Methinks you misposted.


That no scoreboard thing sucks big time. I loved creature ranks. More games should have those.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Image

User avatar
addicted
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 246
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: USA

Postby addicted » May 22 2006, 18:26

Minmaster wrote:Am I missing something or does H5 not have high score section? for people who prefer scenarios over campaign, theres no way of keeping record of scores and what maps you beat...hope they address this in the patch..


Sikon wrote:If people complain every time you try to bring SF elements in a supposedly mixed SF/fantasy universe, something is wrong with the concept. And besides, the constant introduction of new worlds turned that universe into quite a mess. I'm all for the cleaner, more consistent and manageable Ashan continuity.

Huh??? :| I don't think Minmaster was complaining, it sounded like he was asking a good question to me.. I for one liked High Score section in the previous heroes games and from his question, it sounds like this section of the game was left out, I hope not.. I haven't got my copy yet, still waiting for it to be mailed but I hope the high scores section are in the game and if not, I agree with Minmaster and hope they put it in a patch. And what does SF/fantasy mean? Are you referring to SF as StarForce or some other game? I am confused :|

User avatar
DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 126
Joined: 18 May 2006

Postby DuRieL » May 22 2006, 18:29

addicted wrote:Huh??? :| I don't think Minmaster was complaining, it sounded like he was asking a good question to me.. I for one liked High Score section in the previous heroes games and from his question, it sounds like this section of the game was left out, I hope not.. I haven't got my copy yet, still waiting for it to be mailed but I hope the high scores section are in the game and if not, I agree with Minmaster and hope they put it in a patch. And what does SF/fantasy mean? Are you referring to SF as StarForce or some other game? I am confused :|


Indeed strange, but it was a mispost. I think that post belongs to this thread.

User avatar
Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff
Posts: 1071
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Infiltrator » May 22 2006, 18:36

The scoreboard is in the game apparently, but not implemented.. at least we can expect it in a patch probably.

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23266
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » May 22 2006, 18:38

@Duriel
I think he missposted? Or got very confused.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on May 22 2006, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image

User avatar
blacksauron
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 May 2006

Postby blacksauron » May 22 2006, 21:49

Having only played a handful of games and purchased the game very recently, I'm no expert. But the scoreboard with the funky monster ratings was a key element for me in the past versions. Always striving for those black dragon level scores. Sadly missed if we are not to have this! :(

User avatar
Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 57
Joined: 16 Apr 2006

Postby Minmaster » May 22 2006, 23:48

Infiltrator wrote:The scoreboard is in the game apparently, but not implemented.. at least we can expect it in a patch probably.


how do u know theres a scoreboard?

btw, the first reply was probably a reply for another thread.

User avatar
Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff
Posts: 1071
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Infiltrator » May 23 2006, 0:41

I haven't checked it myself, but some people said that they've found it in the main data file of the game.

User avatar
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 15481
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The campfire .... mostly

Postby asandir » May 23 2006, 2:09

this was never one of the main things for me, as i am not a level racer, more of a plodder ;-) but it is always nice to be rated at the end of a game ...

HenL
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 96
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby HenL » May 23 2006, 8:07

That sucks :/, they need to implement it in a patch.

User avatar
DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 126
Joined: 18 May 2006

Postby DuRieL » May 23 2006, 19:37

DuRieL wrote:I think that post belongs to this thread.


ThunderTitan wrote:@Duriel
I think he missposted? Or got very confused.


Yeah, I didn't mean this thread, I meant the one I hyperlinked... though it's easy to miss I guess.

Now that I look at it, it does seem pretty confusing. :?

User avatar
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 917
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Campaigner

Postby Campaigner » May 23 2006, 19:43

I'm both anrgy and relieved over that the scoreboard is implemented but not activated. I mean, how hard is it to activate it?? And this means that you don't get ranked in the campaigns!! That again means that some rotten n00b can complete the campaigns on Heroic just like me but take an incredible amount of time. A ranking would separate the weed from the chaff.

User avatar
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 11282
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: City 17

Postby DaemianLucifer » May 23 2006, 19:52

Campaigner wrote:I'm both anrgy and relieved over that the scoreboard is implemented but not activated. I mean, how hard is it to activate it?? And this means that you don't get ranked in the campaigns!! That again means that some rotten n00b can complete the campaigns on Heroic just like me but take an incredible amount of time. A ranking would separate the weed from the chaff.


Isnt time an important factor in previous scoreboards?So if you finish it quickly youll get more points.

User avatar
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 917
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Campaigner

Postby Campaigner » May 23 2006, 20:01

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Campaigner wrote:I'm both anrgy and relieved over that the scoreboard is implemented but not activated. I mean, how hard is it to activate it?? And this means that you don't get ranked in the campaigns!! That again means that some rotten n00b can complete the campaigns on Heroic just like me but take an incredible amount of time. A ranking would separate the weed from the chaff.


Isnt time an important factor in previous scoreboards?So if you finish it quickly youll get more points.


Exactly! Without a scoreboard you can take your sweet time and visit every statbooster and gather an unbeatable army and be sure of victory where as in Heroes II & III you hurried to the victory to get a better score.

User avatar
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 11282
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: City 17

Postby DaemianLucifer » May 23 2006, 20:06

Campaigner wrote:Exactly! Without a scoreboard you can take your sweet time and visit every statbooster and gather an unbeatable army and be sure of victory where as in Heroes II & III you hurried to the victory to get a better score.


You did?I didnt.I always played it thoroughly the first time.

User avatar
Continuity
Scout
Scout
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Continuity » May 23 2006, 23:10

I never bothered with the high score anyway, so I don't care that it's not in yet.

User avatar
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6972
Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Location: Solna

Postby Gaidal Cain » May 23 2006, 23:46

It's not like those high scores will be posted in public either. I've never seen someone being requested to post them as proof of something either- saves are used for that, if needed.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett


Return to “Heroes V-VI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests