The Fall of the King - need a suggestion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

The Fall of the King - need a suggestion

Unread postby Romanov77 » 19 May 2006, 14:00

Im on the final stage of a not too difficult, but enjoyable campaign, played on Heroic settings.

Im talking about the final haven scenario.
Now, I need a simple, quick, non-spolering suggestion.

I freed Elizabeth
Captured town
After long efforts I managed to find and use the Tear of Asha, and I planted in the city.

Now, the objectives are somewhat ambiguos...it just says to defend the town and make sure that the 2 heroes survive...

What I m supposed to do?
Eliminate Red player??
Be as less spoilerish as you can ;)
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 19 May 2006, 14:05

Send Godric with BIG army to SE corner of map... there's a gate down there... kill guards and go through.

It's important to send GODRIC and not the Queen!

I hope you don't consider that "Spoilerish"... I consider it "how do I finish it-erish".

levi28
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby levi28 » 19 May 2006, 14:08

Just build up your town as quickly as possible. The red will attack you soon and on heroic difficulty he will be a challenge. After you will defeat 3 or 4 red heroes you will have a new objective.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: The Fall of the King - need a suggestion

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 May 2006, 14:48

Romanov77 wrote: I freed Elizabeth
You mean Isabel, right? Or is she named differently in ur version?

And now you have to wait and defeat a couple more Inferno heroes that come after ur town. When you defeated enough (1-2) you should get a cutscene and then you have to get Godric to the S-E corner.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 19 May 2006, 14:57

So, this means that Ive to wait and repell another 2-3 waves, then send godric to the garrison, right?

(note: keep in mind that I JUST found the Tear)

Edit: I meant Isabel....pardon me ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 May 2006, 15:01

Romanov77 wrote:So, this means that Ive to wait and repell another 2-3 waves, then send godric to the garrison, right?

(note: keep in mind that I JUST found the Tear)

Edit: I meant Isabel....pardon me ;)
Yes,just wait for another wave or two.BUt if you wish,you can wipe out the red player(I did,and it doesnt change a thing).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 May 2006, 15:08

DaemianLucifer wrote: Yes,just wait for another wave or two.BUt if you wish,you can wipe out the red player(I did,and it doesnt change a thing).
If it's like in the demo you can use the Sacrifice Pit to lvl up ur heroes to Lvl 30+. Too bad it's the last mission of the campaign, you could have had one heck of a super-hero in the next one.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 May 2006, 15:11

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: Yes,just wait for another wave or two.BUt if you wish,you can wipe out the red player(I did,and it doesnt change a thing).
If it's like in the demo you can use the Sacrifice Pit to lvl up ur heroes to Lvl 30+. Too bad it's the last mission of the campaign, you could have had one heck of a super-hero in the next one.
Well if it wasnt the last mission Im sure that there would be an expirience cap in here,so you wouldnt be able to make a 30+ level hero anyway.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 19 May 2006, 15:16

Yeah, there's a level cap in the level...

I will play as soon as academic duties will allow, thanks to everybody for the info :)

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malicen » 19 May 2006, 17:39

Hahahaha. Well try to wipe out the red player. Now his town is guarded by a garrison that holds if I can recall about 300 Arch Devils, similar number of Pit Lords and so on. So wipe it out.

Here you can just repel the attacks. Then wait for the objective to reveal the puzzle map, then find the grail, and then to wait and send Godric away. And then you're done. :)
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 May 2006, 17:45

Malicen wrote:Hahahaha. Well try to wipe out the red player. Now his town is guarded by a garrison that holds if I can recall about 300 Arch Devils, similar number of Pit Lords and so on. So wipe it out.

Here you can just repel the attacks. Then wait for the objective to reveal the puzzle map, then find the grail, and then to wait and send Godric away. And then you're done. :)
Really?I didnt have the nerve to reach that far,so I just asumed nothing changed from the demo.Oh,and by the way:Someone mentioned that they found the tear in the same place twice in the demo.Did someone try it in here to check it out?

HulkaS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HulkaS » 19 May 2006, 18:14

I need help in same mission :(
I found three those oracule things:
One in NE corner,
One in SW corner,
One in around middle more West.

And then i press show puzzle map i have something like golden bug or crown,lol.So i supose i haven't found all those oracule things yet:(.
Where is the one/ones i haven't visited?:(
Coz i have been in all places of map(save,walk around,load :D ) and i think i have all dungeons revieled too :-\

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 19 May 2006, 18:35

Malicen wrote:Hahahaha. Well try to wipe out the red player. Now his town is guarded by a garrison that holds if I can recall about 300 Arch Devils, similar number of Pit Lords and so on. So wipe it out.

I killed the red player using the dimension door spell(dunno what it's called in h5).

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 19 May 2006, 19:14

You don't need to wait for all the attacks to reach the castle... just send a fully-loaded Godric down to the SE... he'll probably run-into the invading armies as he moves along... they don't have to reach the castle to count, they just need to be destroyed, and doing so in the field counts just as much as if they reached the castle gates.

Do realize they can "sneak-in" from the one-way portal in the woods, so make sure Isabel has an army at the castle just-in-case... but if you don't want to wait all day, and already have the Tears of Asha, simply send Godric to the SE to fight the Garrison... the objective will probably open-up along the way regardless.

The Demo and the full version do differ... the full version has a mega-garrison protecting the Inferno castle (unlike the demo), so don't worry about getting the Inferno castle... it won't happen in the full version unless you're crazy and/or extremely lucky.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 May 2006, 19:17

Wolfshanze wrote:You don't need to wait for all the attacks to reach the castle... just send a fully-loaded Godric down to the SE... he'll probably run-into the invading armies as he moves along... they don't have to reach the castle to count, they just need to be destroyed, and doing so in the field counts just as much as if they reached the castle gates.

Do realize they can "sneak-in" from the one-way portal in the woods, so make sure Isabel has an army at the castle just-in-case... but if you don't want to wait all day, and already have the Tears of Asha, simply send Godric to the SE to fight the Garrison... the objective will probably open-up along the way regardless.
Why would you fight them in the field?Its so much easier to defend a castle.And aren there two portals that they emerge from?

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 19 May 2006, 19:51

DaemianLucifer wrote: Why would you fight them in the field?Its so much easier to defend a castle.And aren there two portals that they emerge from?
Because if you've got a big enough army and skilled enough in combat, it doesn't make a differance, you can take them in the field easily... also, I've seen them run around OUTSIDE my castle, because the garrison was TOO BIG... so you'd have to fight them outside ANYWAYS.

As for two portals... yeah, so what's your point? There's only ONE in the woods that matters... the other is along the way to their castle/garrison anyways, so Godric would end up running into them.

Finally, IF YOU WAIT FOR THEM TO COME TO YOU, they are BIGGER, then if you just speed the process and take the battle to them! They tend to load-up on the Inferno Generator on the south edge... if you send-out Godric early, you can knock it out and make it easier on yourself.

In other words, it's the SMART THING TO DO to take the battle to them, instead of wasting time sitting at the castle facing larger armies, then if you go to them.

HulkaS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HulkaS » 19 May 2006, 19:59

HulkaS wrote:I need help in same mission :(
I found three those oracule things:
One in NE corner,
One in SW corner,
One in around middle more West.

And then i press show puzzle map i have something like golden bug or crown,lol.So i supose i haven't found all those oracule things yet:(.
Where is the one/ones i haven't visited?:(
Coz i have been in all places of map(save,walk around,load :D ) and i think i have all dungeons revieled too :-\
C'mon people you know where to find that :( .
I mean now i can't start playing as inferno coz i can't find some stupid pillar,lol.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 May 2006, 20:00

Wolfshanze wrote: In other words, it's the SMART THING TO DO to take the battle to them, instead of wasting time sitting at the castle facing larger armies, then if you go to them.
Unless you want more XP.

@HulkaS
There's only 3 of them. But even with only 2 you should be able to tell the general area where it is, and if you dig around there (hire another hero) there should be messages telling you to which side you should look.

HulkaS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HulkaS » 19 May 2006, 20:07

Ok thnx,lol.
It seems i wasted like 30 mins searching for another for nothing,lol.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 19 May 2006, 20:17

Nival likes redundancy.

With those scripting heroes that appear and head for you. There's inferno heroes in Dungeon scenario, and there's Necro heroes in one awful Sylvan scenario.

HulkaS, make multiple movement paths and check puzzle map until you see them there. Quite easier to find Tears this way.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”