Heroes V Easter Eggs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jun 2006, 15:47

cornellian wrote:If there will indeed be a connection in the expansion or the second, then it would be an excellent design by Nival, making the world seem to be disconnected from the rest save for mentioning some famous figures of old, then reconnecting to the old storyline and filling in the blanks.. Heroes V would be '...and in another part of the universe...' part of the epic, and the expansion would connect the dots with famous (or notorious) heroes joining the fray. That would be great, but I am afraid it is also a little too much to ask for considering the Ubisoft's approach..
I dont what to see my Solmyr saying something like "tree shaging pixies"! :disagree:

Theyre dead,nival,youve killed them!Now can you please let them rest in peace instead of digging them up and smacking them around?!

Sixy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sixy » 15 Jun 2006, 16:36

Uh-oh... I feel so stupid, 'cause I don't understand this whole thing. What is your guys' problem with having the older heroes in H5? Is it a problem with the game? Or with the world? Nicolai was also mentioned in H3, wasn't he? Could somebody explain me that why is it sacrilege?

Just because I enjoy the game so much, and I do like the world of it.

Sorry for being so dummy about the world of MM... ;|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jun 2006, 16:48

Sixy wrote:Uh-oh... I feel so stupid, 'cause I don't understand this whole thing. What is your guys' problem with having the older heroes in H5? Is it a problem with the game? Or with the world? Nicolai was also mentioned in H3, wasn't he? Could somebody explain me that why is it sacrilege?

Just because I enjoy the game so much, and I do like the world of it.

Sorry for being so dummy about the world of MM... ;|
This is why it iritates me:When they bought the game they decided to destroy the entire universe and begin from zero.Ok,I was sad,but if that was needed to get the so much desired sequel,so be it.But then the game came out.And it was average,not fulfilling my high expectations.This could pass if the game was finished,or if the fans were listened to.So now we have the universe destroyed,and the game destroyed.That is an insult on its own,but it wasnt enough,as it seems.I find that there are "legends" in this crappy unicerse.Its fine to have a hero named sandro,and it is funny that way,but having him as one of the most powerfull necromancers?!Its so clear who their thinkig of.So,they either want to remind us how previous sequels were better than this one or they want to mask their flaws by tossing a few very known names.Its same as with a title,and gameplay.It does resemble HoMM,but its not nearly as good.Taking money of the old fame.

JamaY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JamaY » 15 Jun 2006, 19:45

I don't know if I'd qualify it as an easter egg, but the description of the Week of the Hamster is pretty funny.
"Double growth for Hamsters and Combat Berzerk Hamsters" ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jun 2006, 19:59

JamaY wrote:I don't know if I'd qualify it as an easter egg, but the description of the Week of the Hamster is pretty funny.
"Double growth for Hamsters and Combat Berzerk Hamsters" ;)
Yes it seems they added stuff like that in a patch.It qualifies as an easter egg,imo.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Jun 2006, 21:25

The one for Week of Swallows is pretty good as well. Predictable, but good.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 15 Jun 2006, 22:43

Week of the Caterpillar now describes a traditional elven festival. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Mirage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mirage » 16 Jun 2006, 07:18

DaemianLucifer wrote: This is why it iritates me:When they bought the game they decided to destroy the entire universe and begin from zero.Ok,I was sad,but if that was needed to get the so much desired sequel,so be it.But then the game came out.And it was average,not fulfilling my high expectations.This could pass if the game was finished,or if the fans were listened to.So now we have the universe destroyed,and the game destroyed.That is an insult on its own,but it wasnt enough,as it seems.I find that there are "legends" in this crappy unicerse.Its fine to have a hero named sandro,and it is funny that way,but having him as one of the most powerfull necromancers?!Its so clear who their thinkig of.So,they either want to remind us how previous sequels were better than this one or they want to mask their flaws by tossing a few very known names.Its same as with a title,and gameplay.It does resemble HoMM,but its not nearly as good.Taking money of the old fame.
Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I happen to like heroes 5 and in my opinion it is better than heroes 4 was at the time of release. I don't understand how dropping names of old heroes is "masking their flaws", what are they masking by dropping the names and how so?

They bought the rights to the game and they can drop names all they want, I really dont care either way. You make it sound as if Nival ran over your dog or something that causes you personal offense :devious:

ExistUnExist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ExistUnExist » 16 Jun 2006, 07:47

well

i never know the storyline from the first HH till now

not to mention to read them all now will take quite a beating...

so, i'm probably guesssing that the reason they bought it up now is so that later in hmm VI, they might bring those characters back into the game as undead masters teaching the world not to be evil..

>.>
:P just my two cents

Doxas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Doxas » 16 Jun 2006, 07:57

DaemianLucifer wrote:
This is why it iritates me:When they bought the game they decided to destroy the entire universe and begin from zero.Ok,I was sad,but if that was needed to get the so much desired sequel,so be it.But then the game came out.And it was average,not fulfilling my high expectations.This could pass if the game was finished,or if the fans were listened to.So now we have the universe destroyed,and the game destroyed.That is an insult on its own,but it wasnt enough,as it seems.I find that there are "legends" in this crappy unicerse.Its fine to have a hero named sandro,and it is funny that way,but having him as one of the most powerfull necromancers?!Its so clear who their thinkig of.So,they either want to remind us how previous sequels were better than this one or they want to mask their flaws by tossing a few very known names.Its same as with a title,and gameplay.It does resemble HoMM,but its not nearly as good.Taking money of the old fame.
Everytime I come to these forums anmd see your posts I start asking myself what the hell you are doing in here? This time I'll ask you, what forces you to visit a forum of a game you hate so much? Moreover do you think members of Round table haven't noticed your oppinion, especially when you keep of repeating it all the time? This game is crap for you, thats great, thanks for informing that, but please stop repeating yourself.
Anyway, all these easter eggs with heroes from former might and magic games is like teasing "lore lovers" and kinda innocent joke or game with emotions reviving old sympathies. It is always fun to see something from good old times. Though I play heroes mostly because of strategy game part, not for stories.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 Jun 2006, 08:05

Everyone is "entitled" to come to any of the forums to express their views, be they for or against. That goes for the H5 forum, the H1-4 forum, and the rest. No special reason or permit is required, so please don't try to use that as an argument.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Doxas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Doxas » 16 Jun 2006, 08:09

So I can freely post in every thread how I love this game?

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 Jun 2006, 08:13

Provided it is ontopic, you can. Posting "I love H5" and only that in a topic about for example the mechanics of the Offence\Defence skills would of course be mere spam.

But this discussion is in itself offtopic, so let's leave it alone. Send me or any other moderator a private message if you have further questions.

PS: yes DL can be annoying with the constant repetition ;)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jun 2006, 12:28

Mirage wrote: Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I happen to like heroes 5 and in my opinion it is better than heroes 4 was at the time of release. I don't understand how dropping names of old heroes is "masking their flaws", what are they masking by dropping the names and how so?
Crappy story and poor acting,just to name the few.
Mirage wrote: They bought the rights to the game and they can drop names all they want, I really dont care either way. You make it sound as if Nival ran over your dog or something that causes you personal offense :devious:
They did!And what a cute puppy it was :(
Doxas wrote: Everytime I come to these forums anmd see your posts I start asking myself what the hell you are doing in here? This time I'll ask you, what forces you to visit a forum of a game you hate so much? Moreover do you think members of Round table haven't noticed your oppinion, especially when you keep of repeating it all the time? This game is crap for you, thats great, thanks for informing that, but please stop repeating yourself.
Anyway, all these easter eggs with heroes from former might and magic games is like teasing "lore lovers" and kinda innocent joke or game with emotions reviving old sympathies. It is always fun to see something from good old times. Though I play heroes mostly because of strategy game part, not for stories.
Nothing is forcing me.Like I said many times before:I have too much spare time(or,if you wish,I have no life :devil: )
Doxas wrote:So I can freely post in every thread how I love this game?
Like Ethric said:If its on topic its fine.You wont find my HV oppinions in the campfire,or M&M forums.

Btw,can someone list all the added weeks?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Jun 2006, 12:58

Btw,can someone list all the added weeks?
Here ;)

Weekly Triggers

Week of Abjuration
During battle all Light Magic spells skill level increased to maximum

Week of Air
During battles air spells damage increased by 50%. Amount of summoned Air Elementals increased by 50%

Week of Alchemy
Double income of Mercury and Sulfur from mines

Week of Alteration
During battle all Dark Magic spells skill level increased to maximum

Week of Angel
Double growth for Angels and Archangels

Week of Archer
Double growth for Archers and Marksmen

Week of Assassin
Double growth for Scouts and Assassins

Week of Balance
During battles morale and luck negated

Week of Pit Lord
Double growth for Pit Fiends and Pit Lords

Week of Bone Dragon
Double growth for Bone Dragons and Shadow Dragons

Week of Calm
During battles initiative for all creatures of Necropolis, Inferno and Dungeon factions reduced by 20%

Week of Cavalier
Double growth for Cavaliers and Paladins

Week of Chaos
During battles spell damage increased by 50%

Week of Conjuration
Triple growth for all creatures. Triple income of all resources from mines and towns. During battle all Summoning Magic spells skill level increased to maximum

Week of Demon
Double growth for Demons and Horned Demons

Week of Devil
Double growth for Devils and Archdevils

Week of Diplomacy
All neutral creatures that could join for money will join for free

Week of Disease
Two thirds of creatures in all dwellings die. Only one third of growth for all creatures (but at least one creature)

Week of Dragon
Double growth for Deep Dragons and Black Dragons

Week of Druid
Double growth for Druids and Druid Elders

Week of Earth
During battles earth spells damage increased by 50%. Amount of summoned Earth Elementals increased by 50%

Week of Ether
Spell cost doubled

Week of Evocation
During battle all Destructive Magic spells skill level increased to maximum

Week of Feebleness
During battles defense for all creatures of Haven, Sylvan and Academy factions reduced by 20%

Week of Festivals
No resource income from towns and mines

Week of Fever
Half of creatures in all dwellings die. Only half of growth for all creatures (but at least one creature)

Week of Fire
During battles fire spells damage increased by 50%. Amount of summoned Fire Elementals increased by 50%

Week of Flame
During battles fire and ice spells deal double damage. Movement of all heroes increased by 50%

Week of Folly
Experience gained from battles halved

Week of Footman
Double growth for Footmen and Swordsmen

Week of Forgery
Creature upgrade cost halved

Week of Gargoyle
Double growth for Gargoyles and Obsidian Gargoyles

Week of Djinn
Double growth for Djinns and Djinn Sultan

Week of Ghost
Double growth for Manes and Ghosts

Week of Colossus
Double growth for Colossuses and Titans

Week of Gold
Double income of Gold from mines and towns.

Week of Golem
Double growth for Iron Golems and Steel Golems

Week of Green Dragon
Double growth for Green Dragons

Week of Gremlin
Double growth for Gremlins and Master Gremlins

Week of Griffin
Double growth for Griffins and Royal Griffins

Week of Harvest
Double income of Wood and Ore from mines

Week of Hell Hound
Double growth for Hell Hounds and Cerberi

Week of Honor
Experience gained from battles doubled

Week of Hope
During battles morale and luck for all creatures increased by 1

Week of Hydra
Double growth for Hydras and Chaos Hydras

Week of Idleness
During battles initiative for all creatures of Haven, Sylvan and Academy factions reduced by 20%

Week of Imp
Double growth for Imps and Familiars

Week of Infirmity
During battles defense for all creatures of Necropolis, Inferno and Dungeon factions reduced by 20%

Week of Jewels
Double income of Gems and Crystals from mines

Week of Lich
Double growth for Liches and Archliches

Week of Life
Double growth for all creatures

Week of Light
During battles luck and morale for all creatures of Necropolis, Inferno and Dungeon factions reduced by 2

Week of Magi
Double growth for Mages and Archmages

Week of Magic
During battles spell cost halved

Week of Matron
Double growth for Matrons and Matriarchs

Week of Meditation
Mana regeneration rate doubled

Week of Might
During battles non-magic damage increased by 50%

Week of Might n' Magic
During battles non-magic damage increased by 50% and spell cost halved

Week of Minotaur
Double growth for Minotaurs and Minotaur Guards

Week of Nightmare
Double growth for Nightmares and Frightful Nightmares

Week of Peasant
Double growth for Peasants and Militiamen

Week of Pixie
Double growth for Pixies and Sprites

Week of Plague
Creatures in all dwellings die. No growth for all creatures

Week of Priest
Double growth for Priests and Inquisitors

Week of Rakshasa
Double growth for Rakshasa Rani and Rakshasa Raja

Week of Rider
Double growth for Rider and Ravager

Week of Skeleton
Double growth for Skeletons and Skeleton Archers

Week of Sorrow
During battles morale and luck for all creatures of Haven, Sylvan and Academy factions reduced by 2

Week of Succubus
Double growth for Succubi and Infernal Succubi

Week of Toughness
During battle hit points of all creatures increased by 20%

Week of Trade
Prices for artifacts halved. Prices for resource exchange halved

Week of Treant
Double growth for Treants and Treant Guardians

Week of Unicorn
Double growth for Unicorns and Battle Unicorns

Week of Vampire
Double growth for Vampires and Vampire Lords

Week of Walking Dead
Double growth for Zombies and Plague Zombies

Week of War Dancer
Double growth for Blade Jugglers and War Dancers

Week of Water
During battles ice spells damage increased by 50%. Amount of summoned Water Elementals increased by 50%

Week of Winds
Sea movement of all heroes increased by 50%

Week of Witch
Double growth for Witches and Blood Witches

Week of Wood Elf
Double growth for Hunters and Master Hunters

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

weeks

Unread postby Cunning Death » 16 Jun 2006, 13:15

wow. didn't know there are so many of them
There are many that I haven't seen before
and some are from older heroes
Orfinn wrote: Week of Festivals
a nasty one, don't wanna meet this one
Orfinn wrote: Week of Might n' Magic
During battles non-magic damage increased by 50% and spell cost halved
a nice one, I met it once
Orfinn wrote: Week of Conjuration
Triple growth for all creatures. Triple income of all resources from mines and towns. During battle all Summoning Magic spells skill level increased to maximum
never met this :-(
my choiche for favorite week :D

C.D.

ps I don't think weeks can be considered easter eggs considering their huge influence on the game
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Jun 2006, 13:25

I have also noticed a week in-game named Week of Wyrm but forgot which special effect it has. And remember the list I posted dont include all the different weeks.
Last edited by Orfinn on 16 Jun 2006, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: weeks

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jun 2006, 13:29

Cunning Death wrote:
Orfinn wrote: Week of Festivals
a nasty one, don't wanna meet this one
Especially if its followed by the week of plauge.It happened to me ones.Ugh!

@Orfinn

I was actually talking about the weeks that dont do anything(ike the week of rabbit),and their patch added descriptions.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Jun 2006, 13:33

Oh well hehe ;) Anyway you got the special week list there if you need it.

And I'll keep my eyes on no-descritpion and easter weeks, gotta be more of them.... ;|

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 16 Jun 2006, 13:43

Week of the Lion:

Not a good week to be an antelope.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”