Heroes V Easter Eggs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 20 May 2006, 10:52

ThunderTitan wrote:There's also mention of Sandro being truly dead, killed by the Empire. He was the necro campaign hero's mentor. Very annoying, I wanted Sandro alive.... well undead anyway.
You know what dead means for a necromancer :devil:
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 20 May 2006, 11:03

Hey, who knows... it's an easter egg, but we can take it as one of the unsolved mysteries of the Reckoning. Maybe not all portals lead to Axeoth!
Or maybe Ashan is a distant future of Axeoth? This makes more sense than it seems. Would explain all these references to Sandro, Crag Hack...

Khelavaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Khelavaster » 20 May 2006, 11:20

Inhumation or Inhumatio?? They can't even be consistent in an Easter Egg... :(

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 20 May 2006, 12:04

Gaidal Cain wrote:I'd rather have seen some lip movement in all those talk scenes. Or at least something else from all the hand-waiving and spell-effects they seem so fond of.
Maybe they were all exposed to high levels of radiation or a mutated spiders bite or something, giving them all the power of telepathy...

No wait, that's superhero stuff :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 May 2006, 12:12

Sikon wrote: Or maybe Ashan is a distant future of Axeoth? This makes more sense than it seems. Would explain all these references to Sandro, Crag Hack...
But of course. The Dragon-gods brainwashed everyone to make them think they made the world.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 May 2006, 12:21

Dublex wrote: Maybe they were all exposed to high levels of radiation or a mutated spiders bite or something, giving them all the power of telepathy...

No wait, that's superhero stuff :)
Or they're all mutans... poor x-men, they get no attention.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 22 May 2006, 17:20

DaemianLucifer wrote:I hate those idiotic references!They made a new world,and killed all of the heroes.Now they want us to be pleased because they mention a few of them? :| That wont pass! :disagree:
Hey, if there is a portal of the Ancients that led to Ashan, so the Ancients did come to Ashan ! :D

More seriously, when you think about it, characters with a similar name often made their way from one Might and Magic to another without proper explanation or coherence. For instance Sandro was in MM5 Darkside of Xeen (under his lich form). Crag Hack was a character from MM3 Isles of Terra which made his way to Erathia in MM7 but then what about that *other* Crag Hack who was a hero in Heroes I and II (many years before MM7) ? And so on.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 22 May 2006, 17:28

I think the sentiment goes something like "NWC was the creators of it so they were allowed to mess around a bit. Ubi are new
and them poking around is sacrilegious." I get a bit of that feeling myself.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 May 2006, 17:33

Ethric wrote:I think the sentiment goes something like "NWC was the creators of it so they were allowed to mess around a bit. Ubi are new
and them poking around is sacrilegious." I get a bit of that feeling myself.
Exactly.Just because they bought the rights on the game,doesnt give them the right to mess with our memories.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 May 2006, 17:55

I don't like it because it just reminds me of the old world without actualy giving me anything. Basicaly this is what we get: Yeah, Sandro is dead. So is Crag Hack... and everyone else. Were mentioning them for no good reason.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 22 May 2006, 19:56

Wonder if they are going to remake Axeoth in H6 and mess around with every hero and ruin their personality mohahahaha!!!! :devil: Just to tell you "Hey we are the masters of this serie now, be gone old fans" mohahaha :devious:

Naaaaah. My guess are similar as mentioned before me. Its a connection between Ashan and the opther planets in this wicked galaxy. i would call Ashan a rouge religion planet. Mighty dragon gods blurring the vision of the ancients and create their own world and toy around with different creatures and races :-D
Last edited by Orfinn on 22 May 2006, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 22 May 2006, 20:00

Bit daring if they have a surprise of this magnitude, sounds safer to have it up front to appease fans.

Still, who knows (but them).
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 23 May 2006, 00:44

ThunderTitan wrote:I don't like it because it just reminds me of the old world without actualy giving me anything. Basicaly this is what we get: Yeah, Sandro is dead. So is Crag Hack... and everyone else. Were mentioning them for no good reason.
Totally agree.
Marzhin wrote: More seriously, when you think about it, characters with a similar name often made their way from one Might and Magic to another without proper explanation or coherence. For instance Sandro was in MM5 Darkside of Xeen (under his lich form). Crag Hack was a character from MM3 Isles of Terra which made his way to Erathia in MM7 but then what about that *other* Crag Hack who was a hero in Heroes I and II (many years before MM7) ? And so on.
Time machine? :) ;) It could (have) happen(ed if the story had been finished).

And let’s not forget Yog (Barbarian chieftain east of Castle Kalindra) Gem (in Castle Kalindra; teaches you Danger Sense for free) and Tolberti (chimney sweep; Slime Temple). :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 May 2006, 01:50

i wonder if maybe it is just a brief linkage to the past, not affecting storyline, but to give the fans something to go "oh yeah, i remember crag hack - he was a badass", lets call it a little gift from ubi

are we maybe over-analysing this??

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 May 2006, 02:28

stefan.urlus wrote:i wonder if maybe it is just a brief linkage to the past, not affecting storyline, but to give the fans something to go "oh yeah, i remember crag hack - he was a badass", lets call it a little gift from ubi
Its more like:"Weve stripped the game of so much good things,but well mention a few known names here and there,and youll forget all about it" :disagree:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 May 2006, 03:52

of course they have, it's in a different world!!!

it's not like it's erathiam - the parallel world of erathia ...

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 15 Jun 2006, 08:39

There's a brief mention of Solmyr in the beginning of the third Academy mission...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Jun 2006, 11:28

Crag Hack, then Sandro and now Solmyr? I doubt they are common easter eggs added for "pleasing" long time fans. I feel its something more about this...hints about somethhing to come. Maybe we will know more about our good ol' heroes in the expansion? Maybe theres a hidden portal to Axeoth guarded by fanatic dragon worshippers, afraid that the secrets of the ancestors will be revealed? The possibilities and the theories are many, only time will tell ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jun 2006, 11:47

Marzhin wrote:There's a brief mention of Solmyr in the beginning of the third Academy mission...
Thats sacrilege!Why did they drag Solmyr into this...this...garbage can!! :disagree:

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 15 Jun 2006, 15:10

Orfinn wrote:Crag Hack, then Sandro and now Solmyr? I doubt they are common easter eggs added for "pleasing" long time fans. I feel its something more about this...hints about somethhing to come. Maybe we will know more about our good ol' heroes in the expansion? Maybe theres a hidden portal to Axeoth guarded by fanatic dragon worshippers, afraid that the secrets of the ancestors will be revealed? The possibilities and the theories are many, only time will tell ;)
If there will indeed be a connection in the expansion or the second, then it would be an excellent design by Nival, making the world seem to be disconnected from the rest save for mentioning some famous figures of old, then reconnecting to the old storyline and filling in the blanks.. Heroes V would be '...and in another part of the universe...' part of the epic, and the expansion would connect the dots with famous (or notorious) heroes joining the fray. That would be great, but I am afraid it is also a little too much to ask for considering the Ubisoft's approach..

Return to “Heroes V-VI”