7th Race/Faction?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 May 2006, 19:17

Thelonious wrote:Mmm, but who live in those? because having 2 human factions might be a bit too much (even worse than dark elves and elves...)
Actually it would be more like three human factions(or three and a half),and that really is dumb.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 May 2006, 19:27

You counting the Necropolis or the Academy or....? ;|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 May 2006, 19:35

Orfinn wrote:You counting the Necropolis or the Academy or....? ;|
Academy is a human faction,even though its creatures are mostly magical.And necro can be called partialy human,since it is a faction hidden in heaven and academy.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 17 May 2006, 19:38

Hey, wait a minute... What's the elven city on the map called? "Syris Thalla"? (saw it in a post somewhere before the map) I thought the Sylvan capitol is called "Shataqua"... Is this a 'bug' or did they intentionally not put the capitol on the map? :|
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 May 2006, 19:46

Mages are a race. They are not specially talented humans or something, they are a special race. Like in McKiernans books.
And Irollans Capitols IS Syris Thalla.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 17 May 2006, 19:50

If that's true, then I guess the new info (all of it) will be on the faction pages at CH as soon as someone has time to update them.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 May 2006, 20:01

Jolly Joker wrote:Mages are a race. They are not specially talented humans or something, they are a special race. Like in McKiernans books.
No,the story clearly sais that theyve split from the gryphin empire,so they arent a race,theyre just gifted humans.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 17 May 2006, 21:15

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Jolly Joker wrote:Mages are a race. They are not specially talented humans or something, they are a special race. Like in McKiernans books.
No,the story clearly sais that theyve split from the gryphin empire,so they arent a race,theyre just gifted humans.
Who the fuck cares about the stupid story anyway ?
There will be some lame dwarves in the new town. Period.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 May 2006, 21:21

Veldrynus wrote:Who the **** cares about the stupid story anyway ?
There will be some lame dwarves in the new town. Period.
Who has stepped on your tail I wonder :|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 May 2006, 21:53

Talking about the story: did anyone elses head hurt after playing the campaigns?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

UnderMind
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnderMind » 17 May 2006, 21:54

oh noes, i'm a demonlord of pure hate, and i feel wuv.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 May 2006, 22:03

UnderMind wrote:oh noes, i'm a demonlord of pure hate, and i feel wuv.
Soo i'ma gonna change race and become a pale elf.

This would have worked so much better in reverse. But hey, at least we were wrong about the story being too close to the H3 one.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Cold Fingers
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cold Fingers » 17 May 2006, 23:13

Well, original campaigns in HIV were lame also, those in expansions were better.I hope this will be the same case..

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 17 May 2006, 23:18

I didn't play them all, but in H4 I'd rank them as TGS > H4 > WoW.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 May 2006, 01:14

@Cold Fingers&Continuity

You guys are kidding,right?The expansions for HIV were so bland that they made me puke!Bohb?Spazz maticus?!!Im suprised they didnt have cruela de vile as the ultimate villain!And the best campaigns were the price of peace and half dead.Not just the best campaigns in HIV,but among the best stories ever.They almost can match the starcraft story.To bad that there were no expansions on those two.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 18 May 2006, 01:30

I hated WoW, too, that's why I placed it last. > means greater than, which means Gathering Storm greater than H4 greater than Winds of War.

Actually, now that I think about it, Gathering Storm wasn't all that good, really. I liked the basic idea but in practice it felt flat. So H4 > TGS > WoW.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2006, 10:34

Then back on topic. Yes races, factions. Check this out :-D

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=1

Quite interesting info about possible expansion races, towns ;) (its close to the end of page 1)
The catch, Mantra who posted this didnt clearly say where he got this info or idea from ;|
The Myth of Creation is as follows:

Born from the Void, the Cosmic egg appears and hatches, freeing the twin Dragons of Order and Chaos.
ASHA, the Primordial Dragon of Order creates the world by giving it shape and purpose.
She then gives birth to the Elemental Dragons who are destined to guide and rule her creation.
The mortal races are created as “servants of the Dragon Gods”, and placed upon the earth. Each chooses its gift and its patron.

The radiant Angels choose ELRATH, the Dragon of Light.
The mysterious Faceless choose MALASSA, the Dragon of Shadow.
The quiet and meditative Elves choose SYLANNA, the Dragon of Earth.
The proud and sturdy Dwarves choose ARKATH, the Dragon of Fire.
The wise reptilian Nagas choose SHALASSA, the Dragon of Water.
The curious, restless Humans choose last and select SYLATH, the Dragon of Air.
Smouldering with jealousy, URGASH, the Primordial Dragon of Chaos creates the Demons in an attempt to surpass his sister's achievements.

After several pages of history, this is what we got:

Necromancers worship primordial dragon Asha, in a perverse twisted way.
Demons worship primordial dragon Urgash.
Haven worships elemental dragon of air Sylath.
Elves worship elemental dragon of earth Sylanna.
Dark elves worship elemental dragon of shadow Malassa.
Wizards are godless.

So for expansion remains:

ARKATH, the Dragon of Fire
The bronze-red dragon Fire is rash, hasty, and ill-tempered. Selfish and hot-headed, ferocious in combat, he is ruled by his passions and impulses.
He is mostly worshipped by the thrillseekers, of those who see life as a constant struggle and burn it at both ends, but also of those who, like the blacksmiths, shed their sweat and blood as offering to the fire.
Arkath is the patron deity of the Dwarves (Fortress faction).

SHALASSA, The Dragon of WATER
The blue Dragon of Water is humble, quiet and secretive. She is the serene mystic, wisest of the dragons, and her knowledge is only second to her sister Malassa, the Dragon of Shadow, for her watery realm is ripe with forgotten lore and treasure.
In all things, she values diplomacy, versatility and adaptability. Yet, if she decides to act, she is swift and indomitable. You cannot hope to win when you are fighting the waves…
Shalassa is worshipped by the sailors, fishermen and pirates, but also by the prophets, hermits and wisemen.
She is the patron-deity of the Nagas (Sanctuary faction).

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 18 May 2006, 11:01

So if this guy is right we can hope a water/naga/lizardmen faction or something similar. Let's hope this will be "true" Might and Magic nagas and not some Warcraft-ripoff...

Also, if I recall correctly, Karthal is the city around which Dark messiah will take place. It was said in a DMoMM preview in a french video games magazine.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2006, 11:07

Marzhin wrote:So if this guy is right we can hope a water/naga/lizardmen faction or something similar. Let's hope this will be "true" Might and Magic nagas and not some Warcraft-ripoff...

Also, if I recall correctly, Karthal is the city around which Dark messiah will take place. It was said in a DMoMM preview in a french video games magazine.
Agree. I really hope and crossing fingers that the Nagas will be as in H3 with 6 arms, purple scale/skin and such (why shouldnt they since they focus on H3 so much?) not nagas like in W3 and GW.
Last edited by Orfinn on 18 May 2006, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 May 2006, 11:09

Cold Fingers wrote:Well, original campaigns in HIV were lame also, those in expansions were better.I hope this will be the same case..
What?! Ur kiding, right?

@Orfinn:

Naga as a race?! I don't think i'd like that. They should just use lizard/snake people. That way we can have a town with Lizardmen, Medusas and Nagas.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”