Bugs in HV...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Khelavaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Khelavaster » 23 May 2006, 19:28

Thanks!!!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 May 2006, 00:35

good idea guys ....

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 May 2006, 14:17

Ok Im playing the Haven campaign now, and while I was recruting haven troops from my dwellings I leveled up just after I purchased the troops :| Have happened twice once in the first mission now the second. Is this a bug?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 May 2006, 14:21

Orfinn wrote:Ok Im playing the Haven campaign now, and while I was recruting haven troops from my dwellings I leveled up just after I purchased the troops :| Have happened twice once in the first mission now the second. Is this a bug?
Check your objectives.In the second and third map you have objectives that can be acomplished during your visit to the town,and once you acomplish them,you level up.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 May 2006, 14:28

Yeah I noticed that just now heh :D

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 24 May 2006, 17:35

Bugs:
1.Vampires drain life from undead and mechanical and elemental
2.Cold Bones always deals 3 damage
3.If you take raise archers after a battle you don't raise any creatures from that battle.
4.Units belong to one and ONLY one category : flying, walker, melee or shooter
5.Necromancy ressurects too many skeletons (ex: from 120 demons with advanced necromancy + necromancy building = 114 skeletons)
6.Wraith's harm touch doesn't deal damage it just kills one creature with no enemy retaliation.
Last edited by Lord Zeus on 24 May 2006, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 24 May 2006, 17:38

Gaidal Cain wrote:Combat:
Confirmed:
When a stack walks over a corpse, it disappears from the tactical map, to reappear when the stack moves away.
I don't think this is a bug, rather I think it is the developer's way to prevent ressurecting a creature while another is on a shared square.
This makes ressurecting 2x2 creatures very annoying.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 May 2006, 17:59

I know this have mentioned before, maybe not a bug but irritating. Some artifacts miss info, yes and I have noticed that the blue "windfarer boots" are one of them. No idea what they do, its like gambling to use artifacts without description except you can check the stats after adding the boots but that should be unneseccary.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 May 2006, 18:12

Lord Zeus wrote: 4.Units belong to one and ONLY one category : flying, melee or shooter
I dont understand,whats a bug here?

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 24 May 2006, 18:52

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Lord Zeus wrote: 4.Units belong to one and ONLY one category : flying, melee or shooter
I dont understand,whats a bug here?
Well a vampire is a flyer and a melee it should receive bonus to initiative from artifacts that give to flyers and melee but it doesn't it only gets from flyers.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 May 2006, 20:19

Lord Zeus wrote: 4.Units belong to one and ONLY one category : flying, walker, melee or shooter
I think you replaced "caster" with either "melee" or "walker"...
6.Wraith's harm touch doesn't deal damage it just kills one creature with no enemy retaliation.
Does the description suggest otherwise? For all I know, that's how it's intended to be...

And traditionally, units have been grouped by flyer, melee, or shooter. The lines can get a little fuzzy, as it's sometimes more about their role in battles than their actual abilities.

As for the disappearing corpses: It worked just fine in H3 with corpses staying where they were. It's more about graphical niceties than gameplay.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 May 2006, 20:21

Lord Zeus wrote: Well a vampire is a flyer and a melee it should receive bonus to initiative from artifacts that give to flyers and melee but it doesn't it only gets from flyers.
It would be too much if units received all of the bonuses for different classes.Only the highest bonus should apply.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 May 2006, 18:39

Im not sure if this is a bug,but you can use raise dead to heal your units.If used in this manner they dont disappear after the battle.

EDIT:Actually,this spell needs a lot of redoing.I just won a battle with heavy usage of raise dead,yet it stated that I lost since I did raise more creatures than I lost(even though I didnt let a whole stack die at any time).Again,raise dead and phantom forces es in HIV were designed in the best way.

Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Disappearing creatures between turns

Unread postby Crayno » 30 May 2006, 16:33

I experience disappearing creatures between turns in the second campain.
For example:
I end my turn with 8 emerald dragons,56 hunters and 80 pixies,I hit end turn and I start next turn with 7 dragons,55 hunters and 72 pixies.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I didn't see it listed in the sumup

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 16:41

Is this the second campaign,fourth map?Theres a script in there that takes away your sylvan creatures.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 30 May 2006, 16:41

That's not a bug. A cutscene shows you that sylvan creatures are deserting you. You will lose a few of every sylvan creature you have every day on that map.

Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crayno » 30 May 2006, 16:50

Aaah so that's what that cutscene was about,thanks for the quick answer :handshake:

Safaex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Safaex » 30 May 2006, 22:05

I haven't read through all these posts but here's some that I couldn't find in Gaidal Cains list but which I have experienced.

The building on the adventure map from which you recruit peasents, have a special animation (chickens fighting each other). This animation only works properly from the time you stand next to the buildning (or enter it, not quite sure). Before this it's freezed (and it looks really buggy when you look at it start).

Second, sometime when I walk with my hero, it was either with Godric or Isabel in the campaign mode, his/her movement was increased while you move. Which means where you see the end of your dot trail, the orange ones (which shows you where you will have to stop for the day) are increased while you walk. Though the hero doesn't countinue on these additional dots, instead he/she will stop where the dots ended before you started travelling. After that you'll have to click again and move the additional ones, usually around 3 dots.

Other than this I'd just want to complain on the tree-shagging map (2:3). Utterly impossible. Even when I get my hands on Frenzy... it's just impossible :devious:

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 30 May 2006, 22:09

You already posted it in the buglist sticky; why did you have to post it here too?

§ıĿ
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

Safaex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Safaex » 30 May 2006, 22:12

I read his post more throughoutly and it said "Note: This is supposed to be a list for bugs with short descriptions and workarounds, so posts in here will be deleted. If you wish to discuss some bug, use this.". So I deleted the old one and posted it in here instead :P

Return to “Heroes V-VI”