Bugs in HV...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 19 May 2006, 23:10

It's an effect from one of the "Week of":s. Festivals, I believe this one is, and it stops all income for a week. Terribly annoying. Next time something like this happens and you don't know why, try getting the hint from the end-turn button, which explains what the current week does.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 20 May 2006, 01:25

Orfinn wrote:The patch have to be out soon, just look at all those bugs and mispelling names and such members alredy have found :-D This has to be taken care of! :mad:
FC said himself that we can expect the patch out in early July... That gives us lots of time to make clear to him all of the bugs...

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 20 May 2006, 02:00

Early July??!!! That's too late! Where and when did he say that?
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

coolspot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coolspot » 20 May 2006, 05:48

Gaidal Cain wrote:It's an effect from one of the "Week of":s. Festivals, I believe this one is, and it stops all income for a week. Terribly annoying. Next time something like this happens and you don't know why, try getting the hint from the end-turn button, which explains what the current week does.

Hmmm I'll check that - I believe you're right... it is the week of festivals for me.

What the game should do is perhaps make the resource #'s change colour to show that it's being affected by an event... because for all I knew it was a bug! Ha Ha... :)

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 20 May 2006, 06:52

Gaidal Cain wrote:It's an effect from one of the "Week of":s. Festivals, I believe this one is, and it stops all income for a week. Terribly annoying. Next time something like this happens and you don't know why, try getting the hint from the end-turn button, which explains what the current week does.
You think that's annoying, it happened to me on the third week.
I hope that the patch gives you an option on which special weeks are allowed, if not in the game menu but in the map's options in the map editor.

Cold Fingers
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cold Fingers » 20 May 2006, 14:47

It would be nice to sticky this topic so people dont open new topics with same questions...

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 May 2006, 15:58

Good idea. Done.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 20 May 2006, 16:03

Sorry for this off-topic, but it's so good:

sfidanza, in Ubi forums, bored of stupid n00b questions:
The most buggy feature of the game seems to be the two handed thing linked to it through the mouse. At times, it obviously stops working at all...

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu:
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 20 May 2006, 16:38

In the Haven campaign, scenario 4, I switched the camera view with the right-mouse button and the game became incredibly sluggish. When I switched back to my former perspective, things got back to normal. I used this option in previous maps as well, but this glitch never occured before.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 May 2006, 00:10

Is the map bigger than the others? Are there more adventure objects or creatures?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 03:17

Is anyone else bothered by the lack of sleep?Sleep in the game,not the actual lack of sleep.Its not a bug,but it is something that shouldnt have been left out.

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 21 May 2006, 04:08

Minor Bugs:
- The action bar updates faster than the actual fight (if you decide to attack a unit, you'll the resulting stack in the action bar before the attack itself actually occured.)(Say you attack zombies with an attack that can kill between 2-10 of them. The second you click to attack them, before your unit even has time to prepare the attack, you'll see in the action bar how many of them will be left)
- Not sure if it's a bug: Sometimes (quite often actually) the overall graphics get extremely bad (1 colored, no textured units/heroes (in stats-viewing screens), barely textured groud, if at all, etc. However, when it happens while I'm on the map, resources, chests, artifacts and units (both heroes and monsters) still look fine. But the ground it nearly textureless, the "dots" depicting my hero's movement path are big, one-colored squares, same for the spinning ownership icons over mines, etc.
Fortunately, when it happens, I just wait and do nothing (if I'm in the town view I go back out and wait) and it usually goes back to normal within 10 seconds. I don't really consider it as a bug because I'm thinking it was put in willingly so that when your computer has too much trouble loading, they flush textures or something to help.
- Typoes (I'm not gonna list them as I don't have that much time on my hands)
- Certain Cities are more ressource-hog than others (I can load inferno, academy and Sylvan without much problems, but Haven starts to lag seriously when I've built almost everything, Dungeon ALWAYS gives me the "texture bug" mentioned 2 bugs above and necro's the worst. Even with nothing built, it lags as hell, even after it gives me the texture bug.)
- I don't notice anything different when I check/un-check the eyecandy option. I was thinking it would have something with the neat trail you leave when you're powerful (no clear idea on what affects it tho) but I still have it, with as much detail weither I put it on or not.

Average Bugs:
- If I dare Alt-Tab out of the game and back in, I have about a 60+% chance that when I get back in, almost everything with be black (the only thing that wasn't black was the right "dial", but only the dial itself. The buttons were black as well.) Only way to exit is to Alt-F4 out. Never happens if I don't Alt-Tab at all (so far at least).
- Lack of definitions for artifacts (I personally saw 6 of them without any description (I might note them someday, if it can really be useful))
- Lack of in-game descriptions for monsters' skills (what the eff does Rakshasa Raja's "Dash" skill do?)
- Clarifying the skill wheel (I learned about "tertiary skills" (as I call them) and the Unique Skills from forums >.> )

Major bugs:
Didn't notice any so far :o)

Can't think of anymore outta the top of my head. (It's midnight too)
I might post more if I find anything worth mentioning other than what's already been posted.

§il, B-)
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

dreamcradle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dreamcradle » 21 May 2006, 18:11

Campaign 4 (the Ranger). Mission 3 (the Defence)

the game won't register that I have freed the two heroes. Garrison and defense have been completed, but it won't let me complete the two others.
(Defend the city and free the heroes)

I've reset the campaign about 5 times now and still the damned game won't register that I freed the heroes. (tried first the one then the other and vise versa) Any ideas or help so I can move on to the next campaign ?

So basicly they keep attacking me and i can't do anything ;(

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 21 May 2006, 18:57

5il3nc3r wrote:Minor Bugs:
- The action bar updates faster than the actual fight (if you decide to attack a unit, you'll the resulting stack in the action bar before the attack itself actually occured.)(Say you attack zombies with an attack that can kill between 2-10 of them. The second you click to attack them, before your unit even has time to prepare the attack, you'll see in the action bar how many of them will be left)
- Not sure if it's a bug: Sometimes (quite often actually) the overall graphics get extremely bad (1 colored, no textured units/heroes (in stats-viewing screens), barely textured groud, if at all, etc. However, when it happens while I'm on the map, resources, chests, artifacts and units (both heroes and monsters) still look fine. But the ground it nearly textureless, the "dots" depicting my hero's movement path are big, one-colored squares, same for the spinning ownership icons over mines, etc.
Fortunately, when it happens, I just wait and do nothing (if I'm in the town view I go back out and wait) and it usually goes back to normal within 10 seconds. I don't really consider it as a bug because I'm thinking it was put in willingly so that when your computer has too much trouble loading, they flush textures or something to help.
- Typoes (I'm not gonna list them as I don't have that much time on my hands)
- Certain Cities are more ressource-hog than others (I can load inferno, academy and Sylvan without much problems, but Haven starts to lag seriously when I've built almost everything, Dungeon ALWAYS gives me the "texture bug" mentioned 2 bugs above and necro's the worst. Even with nothing built, it lags as hell, even after it gives me the texture bug.)
- I don't notice anything different when I check/un-check the eyecandy option. I was thinking it would have something with the neat trail you leave when you're powerful (no clear idea on what affects it tho) but I still have it, with as much detail weither I put it on or not.

Average Bugs:
- If I dare Alt-Tab out of the game and back in, I have about a 60+% chance that when I get back in, almost everything with be black (the only thing that wasn't black was the right "dial", but only the dial itself. The buttons were black as well.) Only way to exit is to Alt-F4 out. Never happens if I don't Alt-Tab at all (so far at least).
- Lack of definitions for artifacts (I personally saw 6 of them without any description (I might note them someday, if it can really be useful))
- Lack of in-game descriptions for monsters' skills (what the eff does Rakshasa Raja's "Dash" skill do?)
- Clarifying the skill wheel (I learned about "tertiary skills" (as I call them) and the Unique Skills from forums >.> )

Major bugs:
Didn't notice any so far :o)

Can't think of anymore outta the top of my head. (It's midnight too)
I might post more if I find anything worth mentioning other than what's already been posted.

§il, B-)
The Rakshasa Raja's "Dash" boost up he's initive ( sry about the spelling) he will apper more often in the combat after doing "Dash"
( Don't know if tou knew that ...but if you knew maybe others should know that too :) )

Macke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Macke » 22 May 2006, 06:32

Found three bugs so far. Im on the third level of the inferno campaign. Please note that some spoilers could be found here.

Sometimes the game gets messed up and during a combat the number of units in the bar at the bottom will not be updated, but the numbers next to the creatures on the battlefield will update. (Did you understand what I meant?)

Godric is missing in the story screen after the last level of the haven creatures. At first when they show the wounded king, Godric is standing still inside the king and then when his voice starts talking he is gone.

After completing the second level of the infero campaign. I lost the last battle against the other inferno creature but I got to see the end storyscreen and comleted the level and the next level was opened. Isn't it so that it should lose.

Anyone else who have got this errors or does anyone know when an update will be available.

halaiku
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby halaiku » 22 May 2006, 08:42

Did someone notice that Necromancy it's raising more than 25% (Expert Necromancy + Applifier) skeletons or skeleton archers when you kill troups with level greater then 1? For troups of level 2 or 3 it is around 50% and for level 4 and 5 it is around 80 - 90 %.
Another bug: in siege battle a hero with War Machines skill and First Aid ability is loosing the control of Tent after few rounds.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 22 May 2006, 11:19

Macke wrote: After completing the second level of the infero campaign. I lost the last battle against the other inferno creature but I got to see the end storyscreen and comleted the level and the next level was opened. Isn't it so that it should lose.
I had this bug with the first inferno campain, I got caught by Godrick, but before the fight triggered the win movie triggered, then I went on to mission 2 (with a level 1 hero!)

Another item with no description is the Helm of Necromancy (although I can guess what it does...) ;|

I have a graphics bug on load screens, when loading is complete there are flashes of grey and colours fading in and out, it makes it difficult to see the text after loading is finished, and hard to pick a bonus on campain levels. Apart from this one thing I can run the graphics flawlessly :|
~ Rapier.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 22 May 2006, 13:54

I left the game running all day yesterday. Sometimes I played, sometimes I didn't. The game eventually became very sluggish so I exited to desktop and reloaded. Game speed was fine. Possible memory leak? I have 1G RAM.

Not sure if this is a bug but in the bar that shows each stack, I've seen 2 pictures for 1 stack. Ex: if there's 1 stack of zombies on the battlefield, I'll have 2 stack pictures. If there's 2 stacks on the field, I'll have 4 pictures.

I think Instant Teleport works just fine, if you use it intelligently.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 22 May 2006, 13:58

The game has clearly a memory leak. Once I played for 1 hour, not sluggish at all and exited to desktop just fine. But after 5 hours or so it gets alot slower. :tired:

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 22 May 2006, 15:21

All signs point to some sort of memory leak. Fortunately it's not really noticable until you've played several hours.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”