Bugs in HV...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Dec 2006, 05:57

At least one bug is a campain bug, final one so there is possibly a spoiler here.

If you do not break the seige in the final campain, but fufill the reaching the town in 7 days, and an enemy hero defeats blue...even after you break the seige you can continue playing. You wont get Wulf, Frey, or anybody but you still continue on without them. Weird.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

sezerp
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sezerp » 05 Dec 2006, 07:57

Cyrox wrote:Anyone experienced this bug?

It only happens when it comes to my grffins/imperial griffins. They will just disappear from the initiative bar from time to time, sometimes before their turn, during, and sometimes after

Eg. It comes to their turn and before their turn, let's say I see that they have 3 turns after that on the bar, but the pic just disappears when it comes to their turn so sometimes I find it very irritating since I cant plan out my battle dive without knowing when it comes down.

Only happened since 1.3
I have the same (V2.0). I observe it 100% times when griffins act right after the hero. Then it's the griffins turn, but they are not shown on ATB. Haven't seen that happening with any other creature...

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 05 Dec 2006, 13:05

Sir_Toejam wrote:weird; I've tried 3 HOF maps so far, and got the high score screen all 3 times.
Yeah. :|

cooper82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cooper82 » 07 Dec 2006, 10:17

Hi all!

Found an interesting thing in HoF. It could be a picture of the day, i think.

Bye.

Cooper

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 07 Dec 2006, 11:46

It is a known bug in HoF especially since the yeti never made it to the official release.You can find some strange things in the map editor.Whether they didn't clean it up well or they left them on purpose is for speculation but chances are it's due to sloppy work :disagree:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 07 Dec 2006, 22:06

LindaG wrote:
Sir_Toejam wrote:weird; I've tried 3 HOF maps so far, and got the high score screen all 3 times.
Yeah. :|
hmm, just as a random guess:

if you have older custom maps in your data directory of the ".pak" style (ones that came out before the official editor); try removing those and see if it fixes anything.

for me, removing those at least fixed the display of HOF scenario maps (before, i could only see the new maps if i selected the "show multiplayer maps" button).

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 07 Dec 2006, 22:23

Sir_Toejam wrote:hmm, just as a random guess:

if you have older custom maps in your data directory of the ".pak" style (ones that came out before the official editor); try removing those and see if it fixes anything.

for me, removing those at least fixed the display of HOF scenario maps (before, i could only see the new maps if i selected the "show multiplayer maps" button).
Okay. I'll try that. Certainly can't hurt. :)

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 07 Dec 2006, 22:25

"It's certain to be more productive than poking yourself in the eye with a sharp stick", as my pop is fond of saying.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 07 Dec 2006, 22:29

Sir_Toejam wrote:"It's certain to be more productive than poking yourself in the eye with a sharp stick", as my pop is fond of saying.
A lot less painful, anyway. lol.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

HOF Hall of Fame

Unread postby LindaG » 22 Dec 2006, 15:10

Has anyone noticed that with Hammers of Fate, in the Hall of Fame, in that little drop down thing that lists the names of the maps, that none of the fan made maps show up?

*scratches chin*

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 22 Dec 2006, 19:41

That happens in the standard version too. One of Nival's little mysteries I guess ;) .
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 22 Dec 2006, 21:13

Ah. One of their mysteries, yeah. lol. *sigh* :/

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Jun 2007, 13:08

Ok I met an weird bug yesterday, just finished the map Unequal conditions. I were the green player. Had captured all towns, then the last red hero which had none attacked my mighty castle and army with blood furies. I won in theoretically. But the end result showed me another story...I got defeated....*sigh* Got defeated when I in fact won...jeeez can it get worse?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Jul 2007, 12:53

The black dragons (HoF 2.1) take damage from chain lightning, not from the first chain bolt but from the 2nd, 3rd or 4th :mad:

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 03 Jul 2007, 20:25

;|

And the Chain Lightning wasn't shot out by a Warlock right?

Because if that isn't the case...then that is one heck of a bug...
Situational resistance FTW! ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Jul 2007, 12:34

Dang, let me think.....yes I think it was the warlocks fault and that was in the duel mode. Im gonna test it anyway, just to be sure.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 19 Nov 2007, 04:25

My friend is having this little problem in HV - when he try to have a game (doing Campaigns, Hot-seats etc.) the program crashed. Everything is just fine from opening the game, the cinematic and the menu. But when he try to have a game, the screen goes black and the game closes and then WinXP gives off some error notification (that one with the Send | Don't Send button. Don't really know what it is called :D)

I think he had met the HV System Requirements. Here's the spec:

Processor: Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
Memory: 768 MB RAM
Video Card: NVidia GeForce MX 4000

He had installed DirectX 9.0 installed.

We are out of ideas. Maybe we are missing something. I hope we could find some help.

Thanks! :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”