Bugs in HV...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2006, 10:25

Suzuna wrote: Whenever the hero levels up by sacrificing creatures, it is possible to learn 2 (two) skills..
What happens is that the level up popup will NOT disappear after choosing your 1st skill (select and click OK)
The screen will remain the same as if nothing happened.
You can then select another skill apart from the 1st you selected and get a free skill :hoo:
That's still in the game? This one's been seen in the demo.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Jun 2006, 10:33

ThunderTitan wrote:
Suzuna wrote: Whenever the hero levels up by sacrificing creatures, it is possible to learn 2 (two) skills..
What happens is that the level up popup will NOT disappear after choosing your 1st skill (select and click OK)
The screen will remain the same as if nothing happened.
You can then select another skill apart from the 1st you selected and get a free skill :hoo:
That's still in the game? This one's been seen in the demo.
I didnt notice it in the campaign.Although I did level up just once like this.

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 04 Jun 2006, 11:47

Happened to me also (in custom game). I thought at first that I hadn't clicked it, so I clicked again, and ended up with a double upgraded skill (had basic logistics, clicked twice on advanced logistics, ended up with expert logistics :P )

It is indeed an important bug...

I really hope Ubi/Nival checks our buglist (sticky) cuz it would help them alot.

§ıĿ
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 04 Jun 2006, 14:58

Gaidal Cain wrote: Then you should get a different coloured path, so you can see where the enemy and if you can handle it. Or maybe you should just learn to use the camera- creatures are usually easy to spot.
That depends entirely on the landscape around. If you get a forest of one of those huge trees that are the height of half the screen when fully zoomed out, or underground, it's easy to miss a lot of things, including creatures. I'll be more inclined to look for the colour of the path though(didn't notice the difference in colour at first), than "learn to use the camera". It's not about learning to use it, it's about facilitating gamefeatures so that you don't need to use 50% of your time on the adventuremap rotating the camera.

Anywho, there IS a different colour for a hostile path, so case closed.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2006, 22:38

Just skipped the 3rd Sylvan mission, The Defense. The game went straight to nr. 4, The Archipelago.

Guess it's not a Dungeon campaign bug, but a general bug.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Suzuna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Suzuna » 05 Jun 2006, 14:52

Btw there's a little typo for the Inferno sacrifice pits too
When u right click the hero portrait it says something like
"10experience to level 2000"
Obviously the '10' and '2000' should swap places...

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 05 Jun 2006, 15:08

Suzuna wrote:Btw there's a little typo for the Inferno sacrifice pits too
When u right click the hero portrait it says something like
"10experience to level 2000"
Obviously the '10' and '2000' should swap places...
To level 2000? I guess when you hit that high you start not counting levels in mere numbers.

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 05 Jun 2006, 15:17

There's a level Cap at lvl 40 anyway.

5il

Jorgen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Serious freezing bug, any info appreciated

Unread postby Jorgen » 07 Jun 2006, 05:26

Specs:

1 Amd 3500+
1 GB RAM
1 GeForce 6800

Problem:
In the fourth scenarion of the first campaign there is a castle to conquer where the objective is to upgrade its mage guild to lvl 3. The game has run perfectly okay until that castle is conquered.

After that castle has been conquered, after a varying amount of days, the castle view will get garbled and make the computer freeze, upon opening the town view. The only thing to do is to reboot and try an earlier save. However, the bug reoccurs at a different day with the same results.

Needless to say, that is not good.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, and/or knows what may be the problem?

Also, H5 is the only game that crashes the computer in this way. No other software has managed to do that.

Follow up edit:
Well, apparently it seems like maybe one of the early saves became corrupted, because now most of the saves will garble the Hero information screen, the button texts will disappear, texts in general will not be readable as well and some saves will just crash out of H5 in this scenario. I'm going to try to restart the scenario (- I have to load a bad saved game first in order to get to the restart menu item) and see if that might help.

Hopefully this is a rare save game corruption that happened early in the scenario and persisted and became worse with later saves, but it is a gamebreaker, at least on my pc.

Follow up 2 (solution):
I decided to update the graphics card driver and after updating the 71.89 drivers to 84.56, all problems have stopped.
Last edited by Jorgen on 09 Jun 2006, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Bug?

Unread postby tumorbane » 07 Jun 2006, 18:08

Didn't see this one mentioned yet. Apologies if it is.

Regarding hat spell "phantom copy" or something like that, seems the equivalent of the old heroes III "clone": sometimes those stacks are "missed" because of their incorporeal nature. I'm not sure if that's intended or not. If so, then the spell seems overpowered. Here you are facing a copied stack that you know will be destroyed with one hit, so you focus your attack on them, only for it to be wasted. ouch!

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 07 Jun 2006, 18:12

it's intended. If you look at the spell's description, it says it gives 50% incorporeal (same as ghosts). But as soon as they get hit, no matter the damage, they dissapear.

What I wonder is weither phantom image of ghosts would have 75% incorporeal ability? :P

5il

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Bug?

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jun 2006, 18:43

tumorbane wrote:Regarding hat spell "phantom copy" or something like that, seems the equivalent of the old heroes III "clone": sometimes those stacks are "missed" because of their incorporeal nature. I'm not sure if that's intended or not. If so, then the spell seems overpowered. Here you are facing a copied stack that you know will be destroyed with one hit, so you focus your attack on them, only for it to be wasted. ouch!
Its meant to be like that.And that spell is soooo powerful!Especially in the hands of an inferno hero,since you can gate phantomed forces.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

thanks

Unread postby tumorbane » 07 Jun 2006, 19:30

Thanks for the quick replies. Interesting that spell can be cast at relatively low level even though it's more powerful than a level 5 spell in HIII.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 Jun 2006, 01:31

Has anyone else experienced a game crash on the Mage Campaign, Map #3 when they defeat Markal? I've defeated him four times already and each time my game crashes. I can't release Godric or find Findan. It crashes every time. Help, please.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jun 2006, 08:09

If you haven't released Godric, that's probably the cause. You'll find him in the underground in the North. You shouldn't fight the garrison but rather go east, past it. Findan will appear on the map in the south when Godric has been freed.

I'll file the fact that you can fight Markal without having found them as a bug though.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 Jun 2006, 11:50

Gaidal Cain wrote:If you haven't released Godric, that's probably the cause. You'll find him in the underground in the North. You shouldn't fight the garrison but rather go east, past it. Findan will appear on the map in the south when Godric has been freed.

I'll file the fact that you can fight Markal without having found them as a bug though.
Thank you Gaidal. I thought I searched the entire underground more than three times already, I couldn't find any prison, or Godric anywhere, so I proceeded to the surface. I have a previously saved game … I'll go look for that poor soul, Godric again. He's been in jail for long enough by now. :-D

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 09 Jun 2006, 14:43

HodgePodge, here's exact location of prison. Just reference minimap to pinpoint it.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 Jun 2006, 15:12

Thank you Nebs, for posting the map :) … others may be spared from their game crashing if they happen to run into Markal's Castle before finding Godric.

I did find the prison & released Godric. Then Findan magically appeared. The mysterious crashing is solved! If you fight Markal before finding Godric, the game will crash big time.

I've played dozens of Heroes III & IV maps where plenty of areas were blocked until a certain quest was completed. What I don't understand is why Nival (in all their "we know best" intelligence) didn't put a "block area access barrier" before reaching Markal's castle, which would be removed when the Release Godric Quest is completed. That would prevent anyone from reaching Markal's castle first and avoid the game crashing. Like I said, sloppy game development!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jun 2006, 22:31

I think that garrison were sort of ment to be that access barrier- but it turned out to be too weak for most experienced players.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 14 Jun 2006, 03:07

Quote from buglist

1) Irresistible magic affects your own units.
2) Empowered spells are not affected by the Warlocks' Luck ability.

Is 1) really a bug ? I mean it would make sence to have the skill affect both sides. Plus, if you look at the description, it is not specific. It does not say if affects enemies or friendly creatures.

Personnally, I think having a empowered spell with luck bonuses might affect (2)) the whole balance of the game since warlocks can easily get to 1k of spell dmg.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”