Bugs in HV...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 22 May 2006, 16:11

Continuity wrote:All signs point to some sort of memory leak. Fortunately it's not really noticable until you've played several hours.
I've noticed that in long siege battles - where lots of magic is used - tends to slow down the game drastically, to the point everything begins warping.

Another graphical glitch I came across:

The two empowered spells [Fireball and Circle of Winter] and maybe some others(?), have different - and weird - graphics compared to the original spells. The fireball lacks the projectile path, and the circle of winter delivers the damage before the icy spikes emerge.

Which reminds me... the name of the empowered Circle of Winter is different from the original spell. It's something like Winter Circle, and I think that's unintentional.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 May 2006, 16:51

halaiku wrote:Did someone notice that Necromancy it's raising more than 25% (Expert Necromancy + Applifier) skeletons or skeleton archers when you kill troups with level greater then 1? For troups of level 2 or 3 it is around 50% and for level 4 and 5 it is around 80 - 90 %.
Another bug: in siege battle a hero with War Machines skill and First Aid ability is loosing the control of Tent after few rounds.
You mean this wasnt fixed?I know this was a serious problem in beta,but I didnt have time to test it in the full game.

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 22 May 2006, 18:46

DaemianLucifer wrote:
halaiku wrote:Did someone notice that Necromancy it's raising more than 25% (Expert Necromancy + Applifier) skeletons or skeleton archers when you kill troups with level greater then 1? For troups of level 2 or 3 it is around 50% and for level 4 and 5 it is around 80 - 90 %.
Another bug: in siege battle a hero with War Machines skill and First Aid ability is loosing the control of Tent after few rounds.
You mean this wasnt fixed?I know this was a serious problem in beta,but I didnt have time to test it in the full game.
From everything I've observed, it stands uncorrected. The high-level creatures get raised about 100%. In the Necropolis campaign, you can get thousands of them like in a month. Though I can't say how this affects balance overall.

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 22 May 2006, 19:29

I got problam in Necro Campign Mission 3 "The Invesion"
After Cyrus run away the mission is to recruit 20 bone dragons
I did that but I still cannot go after him!!
that say that i don't got 20 bone dragons!!!
I even try 50 bone/spectral and it still don't end the mission ( even after all the primary and secondery mission are over)
what can i do?????
is it a bug????
and if so hot the hell I'm gonna do all from the begining??!? :(

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 22 May 2006, 20:28

scorch wrote:I got problam in Necro Campign Mission 3 "The Invesion"
that say that i don't got 20 bone dragons!!!
I even try 50 bone/spectral and it still don't end the mission ( even after all the primary and secondery mission are over)
what can i do?????
is it a bug????
and if so hot the hell I'm gonna do all from the begining??!? :(
Oh yes, the 3rd scen. of the Necropolis campaign. I too had some headache with it -- the game didn't register one of the quest artifacts as found. There are definitely some bugs in it, but there isn't a way around it, really.

Either you have to load a previous save, or restart the scenario. Though I'm not sure if loading helps; maybe the "bug seed" is planted at the beginning of the map... or something.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 May 2006, 22:24

-Spells like Fireball, Chain Lightning and Magic Missle have bugged animations when casted with Empowered Effect.

-Empowered spells aren't affected by the Warlock's Luck ability and I've tried casting them many times with luck 5 and the ability with never having a lucky spell go off (whereas non-empowered spells do get luck rolls).

-Irresistable magic supposedly increases EC damage by 5% per level, no tooltip indication of it though.

-Irresistable magic STILL affects your own units.

I sure hope they fix this in the first patch.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 May 2006, 22:33

Did you collect the 1000 skeletons? Not having those seems like a likely thing to create bugs.

As for Necromancy: Perhaps Necromancy works like 25% of HP raised, max as many as the creatures in original stack? Or maybe not- that would make it 100% always for higher-levels...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 May 2006, 01:06

uughhhh

the list seems to be expanding fast ... probably the most annoying bugs for me are those that require a mission restart. just a pain in the behind!

Khelavaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Khelavaster » 23 May 2006, 10:07

You know what, I'd like to see one stickied single big post with every single bug listed. I think that would be useful both to us and the devs and would prevent repetition.

I'd do it myself if I had a little more time...

Khel

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 May 2006, 10:11

Huh?! I'm pretty certain this thread is a Sticky!

Oh, and here's a list of Artifacts without description that were found on 1 map:

Windstrider Boots
Ring of Caution
Ring of Celerity
Cursed Waistband
Helm of Chaos
Necromancer's Helm
Tunic of Carved Flesh
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 23 May 2006, 12:04

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Did you collect the 1000 skeletons? Not having those seems like a likely thing to create bugs.

As for Necromancy: Perhaps Necromancy works like 25% of HP raised, max as many as the creatures in original stack? Or maybe not- that would make it 100% always for higher-levels...
Yes i did all of that....it's a bug 4 sure
I start from the begining and it work fine this time

JackieLGW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tooltip

Unread postby JackieLGW » 23 May 2006, 16:02

(bottom-right)
Witch and Blood witch

I guess those aren't "new creatures" in the expansion right? :devil:

perhaps the development team had changed the creatures' names too many times :|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 May 2006, 17:46

Not a bug,but an exploit:During the week of forgery upgrading costs half it normaly does.So during that week its much cheaper to buy unupgraded creatures and upgrade them,than buying the upgraded versions immediately.Its a bit tedius.They should either adjust this week,or reduce the cost of upgraded creatures.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 May 2006, 17:56

So you consider it an exploit that you can upgrade creatures cheaper in a week with a special that says that upgrading creatures is cheaper in said week...

The procedure you describe seem sensible enough to me.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 May 2006, 18:03

Ethric wrote:So you consider it an exploit that you can upgrade creatures cheaper in a week with a special that says that upgrading creatures is cheaper in said week...
No,but I find it stupid that when you buy a crosbowman it costs you 80 gp,but if you buy an archer and upgrade it it costs you 65 gp.It would make more sense if they automatically reduced the price of crosbowman to 65 gp.

Khelavaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Khelavaster » 23 May 2006, 18:04

ThunderTitan wrote:Huh?! I'm pretty certain this thread is a Sticky!
Yes, I mean one post updated constantly. That way is easy to have a laundry list without reading through pages of posts. :hoo:

Khel.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 May 2006, 18:05

DaemianLucifer wrote:Not a bug,but an exploit:During the week of forgery upgrading costs half it normaly does.
Wouldn't call it an exploit, but it is annoying to be sure. And the name "Week of Forgery" is just great :no:

As for strange "Week of Creatures": aparantly upgraded Unicorns where to be called "Battle Unicorns" at one point :rofl:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 May 2006, 18:05

Yeah that would alleviate some tediousness in the game. But that doesn't make it an exploit, just a badly thought out design.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 May 2006, 18:07

Khelavaster wrote: Yes, I mean one post updated constantly. That way is easy to have a laundry list without reading through pages of posts. :hoo:
Good ideea. Any takers?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 May 2006, 18:55

I've set one up here. I also de-stickyfied this one.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”