Bugs in HV...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Doxas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Doxas » 18 May 2006, 07:39

Malicen wrote:I do not know if anyone else had problems with initiative bar. It always showed the same ammount of units no matter how much there are left on the fiels (example: 1 vampire left to kill, on initiative bar it showed 13 - the starting number).
I keep on having same issue as well. Sometimes number changes (lets take vampire example, at the beggining there were 13 of them, but later it decreased to 7, though there were 3 vampires in a stack at the moment). Odd, but that happens to me quite often.

And about artifacts without tooltips. I find it odd that devs could forget such a thign. Maybe they did that on purpose? :)

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 18 May 2006, 12:28

stefan.urlus wrote:also, and a lot more worrying is that the first time i tried to play the game, double click shortcut on desktop, got the spinning disc for quite a while then got error mesg which basically stated no orig disc found .... WTF???!!! im running deluxe ed bought from eb games?? second time (after open and close of dvd drive) clicked play from autorun screen and worked okay, then this morning had the same thing, No orig disc found on first try (dbl click from desktop) and then worked second time alos using dbl click from desktop, did not open and close dvd drive
I had something similar, and I think I can guess at the problem. I noticed that the "no original disc" message also says something about a time-out. I think that the game doesn't wait long enough for the DVD drive to recognize there is ANY disc in there. Next time, try putting in the disc, wait 10 seconds (or open "my computer" to see when the disc has been recognized), and then run it. (if autorun is enabled, you probably won't need to click the icon at all).
At least, this is what I assumed was the cause, as I have not had any problems running the game at all.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 May 2006, 01:17

cheers Qurqirish

it does seem a little random, and my dvd drive takes a while to wind up, so you could be right ....

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 19 May 2006, 09:10

It's a nightmare! So many bugs!? How is it possible with so many beta tests...

If they didn't repaired those bugs as for now I don't think the patches will help either...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 May 2006, 09:12

it might be a bit early to tell dragon, but it's not a great sign especially when ppl exp different bugs ... some of them are quite odd really

but i certainly HOPE the patch fixes most

i will say thou that the game is really playable (as it should be when u have to pay for it) so at least they got some things right

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 19 May 2006, 09:18

stefan.urlus wrote: i will say thou that the game is really playable (as it should be when u have to pay for it) so at least they got some things right
Well I didn't say it's not playable because it is :D I just can't understand why so many bugs remain unseen by the designers. And some are really anoying, ppl say about game crashes in multiplayers Ghost Mode, and there are bugs which really affect the strategy like false unit numbers in stacks etc...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 May 2006, 09:25

stefan.urlus wrote:it might be a bit early to tell dragon, but it's not a great sign especially when ppl exp different bugs ... some of them are quite odd really

but i certainly HOPE the patch fixes most

i will say thou that the game is really playable (as it should be when u have to pay for it) so at least they got some things right
Since I saw MuadDib stalking in the H5 forum yesterday I hope he noticed this bug thread. ;|

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 May 2006, 09:29

Since I saw MuadDib stalking in the H5 forum yesterday I hope he noticed this bug thread.
fingers crossed!!!!

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 19 May 2006, 12:29

This may not be an actual bug but this is the maximum range of the instant travel spell:
Before/After
ImageImage
Note: The Hero has 34 spellpower and is level 25
The distance is ridiculously small. You can walk futher with the half movement points it uses
Now I know that dimension door was overpowered but this spell is at the opposite side of the spectrum.
Does anyone know if it can be improved with a skill or is this it?
Hope they change it in the patch.
Last edited by Lord Zeus on 19 May 2006, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 May 2006, 12:40

Lord Zeus wrote:This may not be an actual bug but this is the maximum range of the instant travel spell:
Before/After
ImageImage
Note: The Hero has 34 spellpower and is level 25
The distance is ridiculously small. You can walk futher with the half movement points it uses
Now I know that dimension door was overpowered but this spell is at the opposite side of the spectrum.
Does anyone know if it can be improved with a skill or is this it?
Hope they change it in the patch.
Why should it be bigger?It should be used only for traveling over mountains,forests and waters,and not for going further then with regular walking.

And the pictures dont work.

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 19 May 2006, 15:11

DaemianLucifer wrote: Why should it be bigger?It should be used only for traveling over mountains,forests and waters,and not for going further then with regular walking.

And the pictures dont work.
That would be true if you were able to jump over mountains.
In that map you cant jump over those mountains.

PS:Fixed the links.
Last edited by Lord Zeus on 19 May 2006, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 May 2006, 15:14

Is this really the maxim distance you can teleport to? :|

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 19 May 2006, 15:18

DaemianLucifer wrote:Is this really the maxim distance you can teleport to? :|
Obviously it is not based on spellpower.
Maybe it is based on summoning magic level?

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 19 May 2006, 17:29

I thought that it was interesting that the dear queen disided to go to war.... 1st campaign, map 3 or 4

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 May 2006, 17:41

Lord_Haart wrote:I thought that it was interesting that the dear queen disided to go to war.... 1st campaign, map 3 or 4
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

How many of theese spelling errors are there anyway?I didnt have the nerve to mark them all(neither did I notice them).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 May 2006, 18:48

Agrael also refers to a Spectral Dragon as a Shadow Dragon in the 4th map of the Inferno campaign. And the description of the Shadow Dragon building in the Dungeon refers to Deep Dragon.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

rahnefan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rahnefan » 19 May 2006, 18:56

Lord Zeus wrote:PS:Fixed the links.
Still broken.

I have yet to get mine but can any of you tell me if a patch is available yet?

Thank you.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 May 2006, 19:21

The patch have to be out soon, just look at all those bugs and mispelling names and such members alredy have found :-D This has to be taken care of! :mad:

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 19 May 2006, 20:12

Well maybe in my native language version there won't be so many mispelling errors...

coolspot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coolspot » 19 May 2006, 22:43

My income just stopped ... After about 2 months into Campaign 2: The Ship my income is no longer rising :(

Anyone else notice this problem?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”