Waiting for HoMMV...Checkout Rise of Legends!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Waiting for HoMMV...Checkout Rise of Legends!

Unread postby Sir Alock » 16 May 2006, 12:19

Hey Guys: I have my HoMMV Gold pre-order with EB Games. Oh the wait is killing me! Anyway...I noticed Rise of Legends landed in the stores last week. Yes..1st I know it's not turn-based, but I went ahead & bought it @ www.gogamer.com for $34.90.

This is a really well made game & it shows! It's a fantasy based game but not in the Orcs, Goblins & Elves affair. More of a futuristic setting. I just finished the campaign & I can honestly say...It's in my top 3 RTS games I have ever played & I've been gaming since the 486 days (circa 1994/5)

It has the Rise of Nations UI & it's kind of similar but not really (no eras to go thru) I bought RON upon it's release but combat in the game wasn't my cup of tea. Too much going @ once & couldn't get a handle on things. ROL is slower paced, which I like.

Try the 2nd demo out. Although it's a decent demo the retail games offers so much more! Anyway..I know this isn't a HoMMV thread but while were waiting I thought I throw my 2 cents in.

Alex

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 21 May 2006, 19:22

I beat Rise of Legends a couple of days ago and I highly recommend the game. Definetely fun to play if you are in the US and the game hasn't been released yet...

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 22 May 2006, 02:26

It's slower paced?? That has to be wrong.. RoN was excruciatingly slow, and RoL is supposed to be a competitive multiplayer game :/..

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 22 May 2006, 03:57

Yeah...I love the game, although I never seen a game be more of a video card hog! Still plays well enough with my older 6800NU AGP VC.

HenL: Well...That's my take on the speed. Play the 2nd demo & you form your own opinion.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”