Question about UserCamapign (H5)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Meyer_Ind
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Question about UserCamapign (H5)

Unread postby Meyer_Ind » 11 Aug 2019, 17:06

Hey, I'm trying to create my own story about H5 ToE. With several campaigns (one for each faction) and I was wondering if maybe there was a way to make UserCampaign dependable on another (like the in-game campaings) and mostly if it was possible to make a hero move to a missions in another campaign (that one is more important because there will be an ending campaign where I would like to place the same heroes we played in the factions campaign).

Thanks in advance for any answer.
If something wasn't clear, don't hesitate to make me reformulate.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Question about UserCamapign (H5)

Unread postby mctronic » 12 Aug 2019, 10:41

Hello Meyer_Ind,

To make UserCampaign dependable on another:

i) Go to the Data folder of H5 TOE in your PC and unzip the file data.pak
ii) Once unzipped, go to the Campaigns folder and open A2C3.(Campaign)
iii) look for the field <DependentCampaigns> in line 7

<DependentCampaigns>
<Item href="/A2C2.(Campaign).xdb#xpointer(/Campaign)"/>
</DependentCampaigns>

I'll further check to how to make a hero move to a mission in another campaign.

More to follow.

Meyer_Ind
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Meyer_Ind » 13 Aug 2019, 07:42

Thanks for your answer, but there's a little problem. First for the background: For now I maganed to create 2 campaign completely. One is an openning campaign of 2 missions. When that one has been played it would unlock all the faction campaigns. For now I just managed to create Necropolis.

I followed your advice and I checked on A2C3.(Campaign).xdb. I tried to reproduce the line Dependant Campaigns in my own Necropolis Campaign to make it dependable on the Openning campaign here's what I wrote in my file:

<DependantCampaigns/>
<Item href="/CampaignOpenning.xdb#xpointer(/Campaign)"/>
</DependantCampaigns>

Here's the problem. When I launch the game, load the campaigns: the Necropolis campaign is greyed: nothing unexpected so far. But when I finish the openning campaign (@Win() command). The game send a message box that tells me I finished a campaign, but the Necropolis Campaign is still greyed out. Did I write something wrong in the file. I tried multiple thing like repalce (/Campaign) by (/UserCampaigns) or adding the file access within the h5c file "UserCampaigns/CampaignOpenning/CampaignOpening.xdb" (like when you use MessageBox command in the script). But nothing seem to work.

Maybe you'll be able to tell me what I did wrong. Thanks again for your first answer.

PS: I may have found a way to make a hero move to another campaign. (In the same file using the line <HeroPool/>), but didn't tried it yet. I would like to resolve my first problem before.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 15 Aug 2019, 02:43

Hello Meyer_ind,

Please send me your files.
I'll PM you my coordinates.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”