Content of the game

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jun 2006, 11:24

DaemianLucifer wrote: I agree.We have too much dragons,and phoenix would fit sylvan much better.
Too bad it wouldn't fit in with the Dragon of Earth thingy. The Phoenix fits in a Dragon of Fire town.... it would actualy be funny to see it in a Dwarven town.
nosfe wrote: I've seen a game in whitch the basilisk was an oversized rooster with a poisonous bite, so i dont realy care if in h3 the hydra was in a swamp; its in another universe(see h2->h3)
Funny, as that's what a Basilisk is supposed to be, a lizard body with the head of a rooster.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

nosfe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nosfe » 03 Jun 2006, 16:22

well it didnt have a lizard body, it was just a huge rooster

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 04 Jun 2006, 04:32

really in all the games ive played rpgs this is the basilisk has always been a snake head with a lizard like body with huge fangs and dark piercing eyes

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 Jun 2006, 08:16

Firebirds and Phoenixes in a forest town, think about it, total fire hazard! :devious: Nival thought, holy crap such birds could accidently set the woods on fire, so we have to include dragons, as long as they dont sneeze they wont set the forest in fire or vaporize it down with acid.
But since its all about magic and this is a fantasy world.... :)

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 04 Jun 2006, 10:58

thats one way to put it, but a stupid one in my books no offence.

Look at it this way the forest people are people intune with nature and animals and believe it or not phoenixes would live in a forest and they wouldnt accidently burn the place down a phoenix is able to create fire and extinguish the fire at will the only 2 birds of mytholody i know of that lived in mountain sides where rocks/thunderbirds and gryphons.

The phoenix is a perfect fit for nature because of this fact the dragons would live in dungeons/ and or caves and not in a beautiful forest.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2006, 11:19

Orfinn wrote:Firebirds and Phoenixes in a forest town, think about it, total fire hazard!
Not all fires are bad for the forest. Actualy by preventing small fires that happen regularly you risk getting huge fires later on. The Phoenix's rebirth from the ashes fits forests/nature very well.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Jun 2006, 11:55

ThunderTitan wrote: Not all fires are bad for the forest. Actualy by preventing small fires that happen regularly you risk getting huge fires later on. The Phoenix's rebirth from the ashes fits forests/nature very well.
Well you cant really call phoenixs fire small.But its rebirth does fit nature very well.Better explanation would be that they have their lairs on some clearings,or rocky cliffs that pop up here and there,and they never land in tight forested areas,just fly over them.

Luathas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Luathas » 05 Jun 2006, 05:36

Ya know, I really do think it's funny that people automatically think all Pirates are bad people. Sure, a lot of them are bad, but have any of you tried downloading software from any of the many sources out there? Look in the .nfo file they always include with the software. It tells the user that if they like the software, then they should buy it, and support the developer.

And you know what? A lot of people do. Especially myself. Every game I've downloaded from illegitimate sources and I've actually enjoyed playing, I've gone out and purchased copies of. On the other hand, there's games I've purchased in the past, and had been horriably dissapointed, and not only that, but angry that I couldn't return the trash to the store and get my money back.

I haven't downloaded a copy of the software, or purchased yet, just played all the way through the campign in 3 days at a friends house when I had nothing better to do. I asked him where the map editor was, seeing as just about everywhere you look on the web for purchasing the game says there's a map editor in the box just like all the rest of the HOMM titles, and I was stunned when he told me there wasn't one included, and suggested I peruse the forums on the web and check out all the complaints on the topic. Personally, I was suprised when I found out that features of the game that are pretty major to the loyal customers such as myself who has purchased every HOMM made to date, was left out even though they're advertising that it's included. And even above and beyond that, a developer leaving a message on a forum listing excuses as to why an advertised feature wasn't included, and we'd have to wait until months after release for that feature to finally be included?

People create class action lawsuits over false advertisements as such... the hell were they thinking as Ubisoft when they released the game? "Hey, lets tell everyone the game has all the beloved features of the previous titles, so all the loyal suckers.. err.. "players" blindly buy it because the previous ones rocked their socks off!"

I for one, think I'll be checking their site, and waiting to spend my hard earned money on the game until they've finished developing it. I'd be a little perturbed if I yet again was suckered into wasting money on a partial product.

Luathas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Luathas » 05 Jun 2006, 05:43

Oh, and has anyone but me wondered as to why they didn't bother to really develop much in the way of new factions, instead of just regurgitating the content from III and IV, dropping it all into an acid bath, then giving it a shiny new paint job?

I hope if they decide to develop a VI, they put a bit more work into it instead of just graphics and another minor combat change...

And personally, I liked being able to recruit creatures from my towns, and have them form a party on their own without a leader and wander out to join the rest of the army. Can't get them out without a hero now... then again, seems hero's can't die now... was a bit more challenging when your leader's life was on the line with the rest of the army...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Jun 2006, 12:24

Luathas wrote:Ya know, I really do think it's funny that people automatically think all Pirates are bad people. Sure, a lot of them are bad, but have any of you tried downloading software from any of the many sources out there? Look in the .nfo file they always include with the software. It tells the user that if they like the software, then they should buy it, and support the developer.

And you know what? A lot of people do. Especially myself. Every game I've downloaded from illegitimate sources and I've actually enjoyed playing, I've gone out and purchased copies of. On the other hand, there's games I've purchased in the past, and had been horriably dissapointed, and not only that, but angry that I couldn't return the trash to the store and get my money back.
Krimal!Krimal!! :D
Luathas wrote: I haven't downloaded a copy of the software, or purchased yet, just played all the way through the campign in 3 days at a friends house when I had nothing better to do. I asked him where the map editor was, seeing as just about everywhere you look on the web for purchasing the game says there's a map editor in the box just like all the rest of the HOMM titles, and I was stunned when he told me there wasn't one included, and suggested I peruse the forums on the web and check out all the complaints on the topic. Personally, I was suprised when I found out that features of the game that are pretty major to the loyal customers such as myself who has purchased every HOMM made to date, was left out even though they're advertising that it's included. And even above and beyond that, a developer leaving a message on a forum listing excuses as to why an advertised feature wasn't included, and we'd have to wait until months after release for that feature to finally be included?
Oh come on!You know how hard it is not to promise more than you can deliver?Besides,they had lots of good reasons not to include those things.
Luathas wrote:Oh, and has anyone but me wondered as to why they didn't bother to really develop much in the way of new factions, instead of just regurgitating the content from III and IV, dropping it all into an acid bath, then giving it a shiny new paint job?
Because its easier this way.

Luathas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Luathas » 06 Jun 2006, 16:18

Yeah, but sadly, easier dosen't mean better. Sure, it's pretty as all freakin getup, but when I heard a HOMM5 was getting released, I was really hoping for something new, not just a twist on the old.

Prime Evil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Prime Evil » 11 Jun 2006, 18:22

those new factions are ok to me. and i love the new battles and graphics. if they're able to give us like 100 maps, or just the map editor without to much restrictions like map size, nr of heroes, nr of towns etc. then im really happy B-)
Wehn you raed you od not ralely raed the wolhe wrod. You olny raed hte fsrit and lsat lteter. The rset fo the wrod can eb cpomteely msesed up. Taht is bcauese yuor mnid mozemires wdors oevr tmie.

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sumalmamus » 18 Jun 2006, 16:46

Luathas wrote:Oh, and has anyone but me wondered as to why they didn't bother to really develop much in the way of new factions, instead of just regurgitating the content from III and IV, dropping it all into an acid bath, then giving it a shiny new paint job?

I hope if they decide to develop a VI, they put a bit more work into it instead of just graphics and another minor combat change...

And personally, I liked being able to recruit creatures from my towns, and have them form a party on their own without a leader and wander out to join the rest of the army. Can't get them out without a hero now... then again, seems hero's can't die now... was a bit more challenging when your leader's life was on the line with the rest of the army...
I think that was a direct result of community polling and feedback that they got. There was more emphasis on people being freaked out that the new game would be unrecognizable as might and magic, and that more people dissed IV and lauded III as the standard to go for.

I too was, especially at first, disappointed at what seemed slavish imitation even to the windmills and familiar power ups but have now grown to appreciate the creative subtleties in the magic system and combat abilities as revealed through the various faction campaigns. One can get summon creatures which is more convenient than caravaning, but of course doesn't help in trying to establish a garrison on a new conquest town that you have to leave vulnerable., and only is available from whichever is the "closest" town however the ai interprets that. I also like that the characters stay at the level you have built them up to when you reencounter them on a later campaign.I wish I could keep Isabel and Agrael as a warlord in later usage of maps, like the game warlords, but i suppose that would get to be way too much of a walkover.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jun 2006, 16:51

sumalmamus wrote: I think that was a direct result of community polling and feedback that they got. There was more emphasis on people being freaked out that the new game would be unrecognizable as might and magic, and that more people dissed IV and lauded III as the standard to go for.
Yet they decided to create a new world.And lets not forget that over 90% of the fans wanted caravans.
sumalmamus wrote: One can get summon creatures which is more convenient than caravaning, but of course doesn't help in trying to establish a garrison on a new conquest town that you have to leave vulnerable., and only is available from whichever is the "closest" town however the ai interprets that.
Lets not forget that it costs the same for every creature,no matter what tier it is.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Jun 2006, 06:45

As said it should cost 1 point for summon tier 1 creature, 2 for tier 2, 3 for tier 3 and so on. I think that would work out very well.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 18 Jul 2006, 18:58

Orfinn wrote:As said it should cost 1 point for summon tier 1 creature, 2 for tier 2, 3 for tier 3 and so on. I think that would work out very well.
Agreed.

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Content of the game

Unread postby stijn » 18 Jul 2006, 19:41

margie414 wrote:
MuadDib wrote:Hi everyone

The game has been tested on all common configurations and almost all graphic cards, and the results were outstanding, much better than i anticipated.

????All graphic cards? Then why does the list only show 3? I have a Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller which came with my Dell PC and cannot load a game.
i had problems with the intel chipset family too. i got this error:
"The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally.
Save you work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality.
The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed
giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."

don't know wether you are gettin that error message too, but if you do, you need to get the following driver somewhere. (at least, that's what did the trick for me):

6.14 10.3865 (or 6.14.0010.3865, it's the same)

i couldn't find it at the intel site, but it's googable :)

WinterIsComing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WinterIsComing » 31 Aug 2006, 23:02

my version came with:

broken promises
shattered dreams
unfulfilled/wasted potential
disappointment
bugs
emptyness

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 01 Sep 2006, 01:00

very good .... :D

another song of ice and fire reader??
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

WinterIsComing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WinterIsComing » 01 Sep 2006, 01:24

stefan.urlus wrote:very good .... :D

another song of ice and fire reader??
yes :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”