CH Forum vs HV

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 21:25

Linky wrote:You know, the moment I realised how bad Heroes IV really was and that there wasn't going to be a fix to the awfulness, I just stopped coming to these forums. I returned last fall. I agree with the author of this thread - there isn't really any point of being here if you don't think HV is a good title, won't play it and think that the series would be better off without it.

Come back when Heroes 6 comes. Maybe you'll like it, maybe not. But why waste time here now? Especially on the Heroes V forum. If you liked the predecessors, you should hang around in those forums.

I do understand that some people simply don't like this game. But I think it's made clear already. What more is there really to discuss on that topic now that the game is out?

On the other hand I don't mind the people who support the game and wish for it to be fixed to hang around and say what they think should be changed. All that productive criticism is quite welcome in my opinion.
Oh sure,lets all just forget about HV and let them repeat that mistake over and over again until they realise on their own.If you dont like something you should simply shut up and pray that it changes.An excelent philosophy!

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 21:25

Zamolxis wrote:
Wildbear wrote:The whole ergonomic part of the game is deeply flawed, and it is not "whining" to tell that such important gameplay features should be fixed.
I'm under the impression that we could have a big piece of sh*t in the middle of the road, and none of us being allowed to comment that it smells or that it shouldn't be there, without being labeled as "whiners". Since when are gamers not allowed to complain about games failing to meet their expectations???
Well zam the problem is that to many havent eaven played it. Had the game been bad i would understand this but its not!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 21 May 2006, 21:27

Linky wrote:I do understand that some people simply don't like this game. But I think it's made clear already. What more is there really to discuss on that topic now that the game is out?
I disagree, if nobody ever tells it's going the wrong way and just quits, the problems won't be fixed or the same errors will be made again in the future.

But I agree that explaining each point again from time to time is a good thing.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 May 2006, 21:28

Linky wrote:On the other hand I don't mind the people who support the game and wish for it to be fixed to hang around and say what they think should be changed. All that productive criticism is quite welcome in my opinion.
And what shall the people who supported the game for months, always pointing out what should be fixed, do? What shall they do when they see things they bothered to point out 6 months ago are not fixed. Some people invested a lot of time & effort in this game's development, and got like nothing in return. If not some decent award, then at least having their feedback considered.

What you say it's true to some extent Linky, but is it nice to give lectures now, to people who sacrificed days and nights for almost one year in their attempt to actively support this game?

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 21 May 2006, 21:32

Znork wrote:Well zam the problem is that to many havent eaven played it. Had the game been bad i would understand this but its not!
So we should first buy it and then realize all we saw about it in the demo and all the problem reports read in the forums are indeed true? I'm not buying games to make todo lists for producers to read, especially when those lists have been done before.
Image Spiritu Insanum

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 21:35

Znork wrote:Well zam the problem is that to many havent eaven played it. Had the game been bad i would understand this but its not!
The game isnt bad on its own.The problem is that it is a heroes game,and it needs to fulfill some very high expectations.And it doesnt.It has a bad camera,bad interface and lots of elements missing.Not to mention lack of inovation,lack of descriptions,spelling errors,bugs,etc.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 21:35

Wildbear wrote:
So we should first buy it and then realize all we saw about it in the demo and all the problem reports read in the forums are indeed true? I'm not buying games to make todo lists for producers to read, especially when those lists have been done before.
Ok wait for the rewives then, but i have played it for 3 days now and i tell you its realy fun!

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 21:37

DaemianLucifer wrote:
The game isnt bad on its own.The problem is that it is a heroes game,and it needs to fulfill some very high expectations.And it doesnt.It has a bad camera,bad interface and lots of elements missing.Not to mention lack of inovation,lack of descriptions,spelling errors,bugs,etc.
well wait for afteter some patches then, but the game is fun:)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 21:40

Znork wrote:well wait for afteter some patches then, but the game is fun:)
Patches wont fix the camera.Nor the interface(although this one migh be fixed).

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 21 May 2006, 21:40

You aren't playing much for someone who as so much fun...

And I'm not complaining about the fun it could give me for 3 days, even the worst games around can do that. It lacks so many things that it will never entertain me for months or years like the other did.
Image Spiritu Insanum

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 21:42

Unlike Linky and H4 I don't see the game as "awfull", I don't think it's that bad. There's just alot of things I don't care for. There are things that can be fixed to make the game more bearable. It just won't be a great game for me.

I don't really hate the game as much as it seems from my posts. Arguing does that.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 21:43

Wildbear wrote:You aren't playing much for someone who as so much fun...

And I'm not complaining about the fun it could give me for 3 days, even the worst games around can do that. It lacks so many things that it will never entertain me for months or years like the other did.
I have been playing this whole day, right now im chating, and not playing will go to bed soon:) And i look forward to som good gameing tommorow.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 21 May 2006, 21:45

A good HoMM game would never let you go to bed. :tongue:
Image Spiritu Insanum

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 21:48

Wildbear wrote:A good HoMM game would never let you go to bed. :tongue:
Wow you made a good poing:) well there are so many people who need to hear that its a good game:) this is not a repeat of homm IV!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 21:49

Wildbear wrote:A good HoMM game would never let you go to bed. :tongue:
Oh,so true...All those sleepless nights...But it was worth it.Once,I almost fell asleep in my chair :devil:

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 21 May 2006, 21:58

Zamolxis wrote:
Linky wrote:On the other hand I don't mind the people who support the game and wish for it to be fixed to hang around and say what they think should be changed. All that productive criticism is quite welcome in my opinion.
And what shall the people who supported the game for months, always pointing out what should be fixed, do? What shall they do when they see things they bothered to point out 6 months ago are not fixed. Some people invested a lot of time & effort in this game's development, and got like nothing in return. If not some decent award, then at least having their feedback considered.

What you say it's true to some extent Linky, but is it nice to give lectures now, to people who sacrificed days and nights for almost one year in their attempt to actively support this game?

Look, I'm just saying that they should move on. I know it might be hard to let go but it would benefit everyone. There's nothing to be achieved in hanging around here telling what and what is worse than it ever was before.

The people who spent hours to end here and feel like they were raped when this game got out should just stop coming here and get another game or hobby to concentrate on. That's what people do! I felt the same way when Master of Orion 3 came out. Solution? I haven't visited the game's forums after the release.

"And what shall the people who supported the game for months, always pointing out what should be fixed, do?" - Do you really think that what they should do is spent another few months bashing the game now? Isn't that really the worst possible choice? After all the game has been out for a while now so that the people who feel betrayed have had their time to voice their opinions, their closing statements if you will. I guess I actually feel a bit sorry for the people who limp along not really liking the game.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 May 2006, 22:02

Znork wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
well wait for afteter some patches then, but the game is fun:)
Yeah, like I'm still waiting till the day of today for some H4 patches to solve the things annoying me in that game. :D

@Linky: Now wouldn't that be the most convenient way for the devs? Have those who really worked for the game shut their mouths, with only praisers left around, to boost game's ratings and for them to pretend they created the perfect game that made everybody happy. You might not understand it Linky, but some people prefer to stay true to the Heroes spirit the way they see it, and keep fighting till the devs will put some effort into delivering that. That being said, I'm closing this discussion, as I can't find a more pathetic thing than what I see here: people complaining about other people complaining. Let everyone voice his/her view and react how (s)he feels like.
Last edited by Zamolxis on 21 May 2006, 22:13, edited 2 times in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 22:08

Linky wrote: Look, I'm just saying that they should move on. I know it might be hard to let go but it would benefit everyone. There's nothing to be achieved in hanging around here telling what and what is worse than it ever was before.
It's just been a week. I'm sure we won't complain for a month. People are just pissed right now.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 21 May 2006, 22:12

ThunderTitan wrote:
It's just been a week. I'm sure we won't complain for a month. People are just pissed right now.
Fair enough. :)

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 May 2006, 22:15

OK. Let's just see what the first patch will bring, and give the devs another chance. :p

Return to “Heroes V-VI”