CH Forum vs HV

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 20:05

chaosgorgon wrote:ohh znork , man what you think that i need 20 hours of playing to know how is the game??, what is your problem if i dont like it, i have tested it, is the same stuff, im not saying that it sucks, just that i dont gona waste time playing the same stuff

not like the whining guys of "save heroes" , that after 15 minutes of a beta they were ready to take Ubis installations :D
Well no you played the demo and you shold atleest try it. So you can come withe somthing to debate other then that the game sucs!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 21 May 2006, 20:13

well if i have played the beta, why i should bother with the demo?, is the same gameplay with campaings, if you see my posts and threads i really dont care about some details in this state of the game, because are upgradable, dont care about balance or stetics, i care mostly about the general gameplay, and dont say that is changed with the demo, coz i already know that isnt, is about to have criteria, i mean the beta was to see the gameplay, i wont complain about the bugs -unless im a bug hunter-
Last edited by chaosgorgon on 21 May 2006, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 20:14

chaosgorgon wrote:well if i have played the beta, why i should bother with the demo?, is the same gameplay with campaings, if you see my posts and threads i really dont care about some details in this state of the game, because are upgradable, dont care about balnce or stetics, i care mostly about the general gameplay, and dont say that is changed with the demo, coz i already know that isnt
well then youre loos!

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 21 May 2006, 20:22

Just go back to your cave Znorky ! It is too dangerous for kiddies around here. :devil:
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 20:25

Veldrynus wrote:Just go back to your cave Znorky ! It is too dangerous for kiddies around here. :devil:
dont be rud you can get banned that way

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 21 May 2006, 20:29

LOL !

They will never ban me ! NEVER !
Do you understand it, Znoorski ? Never !

Unless I want it, of course...
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 20:29

Znork wrote:
Veldrynus wrote:Just go back to your cave Znorky ! It is too dangerous for kiddies around here. :devil:
dont be rud you can get banned that way
A life without Veldrynus?Too bad heaven exists only in heroes :devil:

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 20:35

Veldrynus wrote:LOL !

They will never ban me ! NEVER !
Do you understand it, Znoorski ? Never !

Unless I want it, of course...
well keep beeing rud then:) Se what it helps you!

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 21 May 2006, 20:39

I doubt that there will be another HoMM anyway. HoMM is just too different to sell better than some generic action games these days.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 21 May 2006, 20:42

Actually I think that's the less rude thing he posted for years...

Whatever, now about that "play and complain after", I'd like to say that I won't buy a game if the demo doesn't please me at least a bit, and the demo they provided was probably the worst piece of gameplay I have seen in a commercial game for years. Not even talking about game features, the interface itself is the worst ever seen in a HoMM game. The cameras in battles gave me nausea, and on the world map I find myself having to constantly zoom in and out and rotate to see things or even sometimes only to see something else than a stalactite. And that not even talking of those brainlessly necessary double right-clicks to have the necessary infos to finally show. The whole ergonomic part of the game is deeply flawed, and it is not "whining" to tell that such important gameplay features should be fixed.
Image Spiritu Insanum

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 20:46

@Purple Sky
Yeah, it actualy requires some intelectual effort to play. :disagree:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 20:59

Wildbear wrote:Whatever, now about that "play and complain after", I'd like to say that I won't buy a game if the demo doesn't please me at least a bit, and the demo they provided was probably the worst piece of gameplay I have seen in a commercial game for years. Not even talking about game features, the interface itself is the worst ever seen in a HoMM game. The cameras in battles gave me nausea, and on the world map I find myself having to constantly zoom in and out and rotate to see things or even sometimes only to see something else than a stalactite. And that not even talking of those brainlessly necessary double right-clicks to have the necessary infos to finally show. The whole ergonomic part of the game is deeply flawed, and it is not "whining" to tell that such important gameplay features should be fixed.
I doubt that these features can be fixed with a patch,or even an expansion.Though Id really like to see all of that fixed in HV,I think that well have to wait HVI for that(if it ever appears).

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 21 May 2006, 21:00

well actually the beta interface issues were exagerated by some guys, althought the cameras were pretty annoying, but really these stuffs werent so important to me, btw the cameras wont be turn off in the final release?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 21:03

DaemianLucifer wrote: I doubt that these features can be fixed with a patch,or even an expansion.
The interface could be changed in an expansion. The camera though....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 21:10

chaosgorgon wrote:well actually the beta interface issues were exagerated by some guys, althought the cameras were pretty annoying, but really these stuffs werent so important to me, btw the cameras wont be turn off in the final release?
Camera in the final releas is the same as in demo - bad.And the interface is not great either.It lacks so many features that were really nice in previous sequels(the sleep function,kingdom overview,etc).

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 May 2006, 21:14

DaemianLucifer wrote:Too bad heaven exists only in heroes :devil:
Where? 8|

:p

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 21 May 2006, 21:14

You know, the moment I realised how bad Heroes IV really was and that there wasn't going to be a fix to the awfulness, I just stopped coming to these forums. I returned last fall. I agree with the author of this thread - there isn't really any point of being here if you don't think HV is a good title, won't play it and think that the series would be better off without it.

Come back when Heroes 6 comes. Maybe you'll like it, maybe not. But why waste time here now? Especially on the Heroes V forum. If you liked the predecessors, you should hang around in those forums.

I do understand that some people simply don't like this game. But I think it's made clear already. What more is there really to discuss on that topic now that the game is out?

On the other hand I don't mind the people who support the game and wish for it to be fixed to hang around and say what they think should be changed. All that productive criticism is quite welcome in my opinion.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 21:17

Linky wrote:You know, the moment I realised how bad Heroes IV really was and that there wasn't going to be a fix to the awfulness, I just stopped coming to these forums. I returned last fall. I agree with the author of this thread - there isn't really any point of being here if you don't think HV is a good title, won't play it and think that the series would be better off without it.

Come back when Heroes 6 comes. Maybe you'll like it, maybe not. But why waste time here now? Especially on the Heroes V forum. If you liked the predecessors, you should hang around in those forums.

I do understand that some people simply don't like this game. But I think it's made clear already. What more is there really to discuss on that topic now that the game is out?

On the other hand I don't mind the people who support the game and wish for it to be fixed to hang around and say what they think should be changed. All that productive criticism is quite welcome in my opinion.
true good post:)

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 May 2006, 21:19

Wildbear wrote:The whole ergonomic part of the game is deeply flawed, and it is not "whining" to tell that such important gameplay features should be fixed.
I'm under the impression that we could have a big piece of sh*t in the middle of the road, and none of us being allowed to comment that it smells or that it shouldn't be there, without being labeled as "whiners". Since when are gamers not allowed to complain about games failing to meet their expectations???

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 21 May 2006, 21:20

Znork wrote:true good post:)
Yes, it's hard not to agree.
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”