CH Forum vs HV

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 21 May 2006, 19:21

Znork wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
Znork wrote:Wow you guys breake whine record. Have any of you tried it?
I did.And I regret it.

But I must admit one thing:This is the first heroes game that I was able to quit instantly,without the "just one more turn" phenomena.It can be viewed as a good thing as well.
So how many minuts of play have you done?
He did exactly 163 minuts and 23 secoonds.

Now, return to your cave, Znork !
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Re: CH Forum vs HV

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 May 2006, 19:22

Znork wrote:sad to her you feel that way zam, well i love the game and i am having fun. You might have been expecting to muche.
I was expecting a decent sequel, nothing more, nothing else.

H2 was a decent sequel to H1 - nothing to complain. It didn't add that much, but still it was a step ahead, which enlarged the fan base.

H3 was a good sequel to H2. Some things people loved where left out, but 10 times more things where added, and the brand got a huge boost. If I'm not wrong, the H3 titles (all together) sold more than all the others together. We can say 1 step back, 10 steps ahead.

H4 was not really a decent sequel. It was a good game, great innovations, but too many things changed. So many that some H3 fans didn't recognize thier Heroes universe & atmosphere anymore. On Romanian forums sometimes thay say "It was a great game, pity they called it Heroes". It was 10 steps back from the path Heroes took in the first 3 titles, and 10 steps ahead on a different path. The game only managed to make happy only 1/3rd of the H3 fans (as proven by sales).

With H5, it's hard to explain. First of all, they built it like there was no H4 in between, which I find a mistake. It "looks" like a sequel of H3, but for me it doesn't feel like that. I don't get the "Heroic" feeling from it. It's often anti-climatic. There's nothing noble to fight for. If revenge and greed is the only thing I'm fighting for, no matter which faction I choose, then the game is a bit boring and doesn't offer me what I'm looking for.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 May 2006, 19:25

Zamolxis wrote:There's nothing noble to fight for. If revenge and greed is the only thing I'm fighting for, no matter which faction I choose, then the game is a bit boring and doesn't offer me what I'm looking for.
Are the campaigns really like that? It'd be a huge disappointment.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 21 May 2006, 19:25

well, znork i have tried the beta to almost half hour with hotseat, i did knew was a beta, and i didnt complain about the bugs, instead many guys started with "this is a disaster" and then the famous "save heroes", lol, so who is the whining???

znork im not scared, come on, i have said thet i dont like to play the same stuff again, and i wont play it, but that DONT mean that will be a disaster, i never said that
Last edited by chaosgorgon on 21 May 2006, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 May 2006, 19:26

chaosgorgon wrote:anyway i dont think that the game is a complete failure, just that will be better ones, i wouldnt bother to purchase the game, but i wont destroy it, i guess gona wait the expansion, if the darfs are the new town ill be definitively out of the series -too much T crap-, im mostly interested in modding the game -is see that H5 have a huge potential to make it actually an interesting game-, dont know if graphics can be supported by G-max???
That's more what I feel (to some extent). The game is definetly not a failure. Many good things, some great. It just doesn't taste like I hoped it would taste. I feel there's huge potential in it, but lot of it wasted, so I'm also waiting for mods to enjoy it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 19:28

Zamolxis wrote: If revenge and greed is the only thing I'm fighting for, no matter which faction I choose, then the game is a bit boring and doesn't offer me what I'm looking for.
At least that can be fixed with an editor and fan made maps.

@tLD

No, some whiny demon also tries to get some luvin'.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 19:30

ThunderTitan wrote: At least that can be fixed with an editor and fan made maps.
Errr,what editor?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 19:32

I have peered in to the future, and behold, there will be an editor. Lots of other things won't be fixed, no matter how many expansions it gets.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 May 2006, 19:33

@DL
Oh don't be ridiculous. An editor, the editor that is certainly going to be released.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 May 2006, 19:35

theLuckyDragon wrote:
Zamolxis wrote:There's nothing noble to fight for. If revenge and greed is the only thing I'm fighting for, no matter which faction I choose, then the game is a bit boring and doesn't offer me what I'm looking for.
Are the campaigns really like that? It'd be a huge disappointment.
It's only a matter of taste. This is how it feels for me. I haven't played them all, but I'm certainly disappointed by the approach of Haven & Inferno. It feels, as said above, anti-climatic. Unlike LOTR, towards the end you're not sure who do you like more, who would like to win... Some love that but I don't. I sure would have hated LOTR if Tolkien would have built the characters in such a way, that I wouldn't have known if I want Gollum to kill Frodo or not, Treants to destroy Saruman or Saruman to destroy the Treants, Aragorn managing to "tame" the undeads and have them join him, or the undeads not being impressed by that sword, and turning him, Gimli and Legolas in undeads themselves, and so on.

I just don't like this "darkening" approach of the universe, full only with shades of grey, which makes everything seem dirty & boring, and doesn't much give you the chance to pick one side and feel good/noble about it. They call it depthenss, I call it emptiness.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 19:37

Oh,yes,the editor.And what until its release?Some people have already finished all of the campaigns.Can 46 maps keep any of us hard core fans ocupied for two more months?

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 21 May 2006, 19:41

well zam , guess that both have the same "feeling" but the reasons are pretty different, i just dont see many good things in the game, just decent, and i dont care if the heroes will be "noble" in your standars, because "nobility" to me is far more than angels against demons, anyway i have found much deeper concepts in other games, starcraft and warcraft3 are very good examples how a good story can switch very interesting expansions, light vs darkness is just so childness

anyway the game wont be a failure, and maybe the mods can rise the game, C&CGenerals is a example -to me- of that
Last edited by chaosgorgon on 21 May 2006, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 May 2006, 19:46

@DL
You do realize that hardcore fans have a real life too, don't you? And even if they've already finished the campaigns (which I seriously doubt) they can try them again on a different difficulty level. I'm sure it'll present different challenges.

Oh, and why do you say "us hard core fans"? I thought you disliked the game.
Last edited by theLuckyDragon on 21 May 2006, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 19:46

Veldrynus wrote:
Znork wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: I did.And I regret it.

But I must admit one thing:This is the first heroes game that I was able to quit instantly,without the "just one more turn" phenomena.It can be viewed as a good thing as well.
So how many minuts of play have you done?
He did exactly 163 minuts and 23 secoonds.

Now, return to your cave, Znork !
wow that was huge amount of time:) Well youre losse!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 19:46

chaosgorgon wrote:well, znork i have tried the beta to almost half hour with hotseat, i did knew was a beta, and i didnt complain about the bugs, instead many guys started with "this is a disaster" and then the famous "save heroes", lol, so who is the whining???

znork im not scared, come on, i have said thet i dont like to play the same stuff again, and i wont play it, but that DONT mean that will be a disaster, i never said that
Well so you havnt tryed the game then, well ok!

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 21 May 2006, 19:51

Zamolxis wrote:
Znork wrote:sad to her you feel that way zam, well i love the game and i am having fun. You might have been expecting to muche.
I was expecting a decent sequel, nothing more, nothing else.

With H5, it's hard to explain. First of all, they built it like there was no H4 in between, which I find a mistake. It "looks" like a sequel of H3, but for me it doesn't feel like that. I don't get the "Heroic" feeling from it. It's often anti-climatic. There's nothing noble to fight for. If revenge and greed is the only thing I'm fighting for, no matter which faction I choose, then the game is a bit boring and doesn't offer me what I'm looking for.
Well zam it dosent fitt all, well i havent realy tested hot seat yet im gona get thrue the campain first. But you did not like the fundemantals of the game from the start. Well still sad that you did not like it.

Well well the game is good and it would be imposible to satsfy the whole heros comunety. Ill se how often and how hard they patche before i go bannanas.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 19:51

theLuckyDragon wrote: You do realize that hardcore fans have a real life too, don't you? And even if they've already finished the campaigns (which I seriously doubt) they can try them again on a different difficulty level. I'm sure it'll present different challenges.
I seriously doubt anyone will play these campaigns twice.
theLuckyDragon wrote: Oh, and why do you say "us hard core fans"? I thought you disliked the game.
True,I dont like HV,but it is a heroes game and it does deserve a chance.

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 21 May 2006, 19:56

Xamolxis - I get what you're saying and I agree with you to a certain degree. There storyline is potentially quite interesting but the characters are quite flat. It's not merely a question of light/dark or shades of grey but being able to identify with the character and get to grips with why they're doing what they are.

One thing that is missing from HV I've just realised is all the great text you get during the campaign that really helps the story and characters along. You'd get a little update every week/few weeks and at significant events. Now all one gets is a cutscene where the character goes 'I will do this. Mwahaha'.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 21 May 2006, 19:56

ohh znork , man what you think that i need 20 hours of playing to know how is the game??,i dont like it, i have tested it, is the same stuff, im not saying that it sucks, just that i dont gona waste time playing the same stuff

not like the whining guys of "save heroes" , that after 15 minutes of a beta they were ready to take Ubis installations :D
Last edited by chaosgorgon on 21 May 2006, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 19:59

DaemianLucifer wrote: I seriously doubt anyone will play these campaigns twice.
Unless they're masochists. No wonder they didn't release cheats, most people would prob just use them to get to the ending.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”