CH Forum vs HV

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

CH Forum vs HV

Unread postby theGryphon » 14 May 2006, 15:05

All in all, it's really sad that the CH forum is so negative about HV. Aren't you all guys a bit inconsistent? I mean what if there were no HV? Would you be happier than now? Well if yes, I have nothing else to say. But I wouldn't believe you.
Flaming the game all around is not constructive for the future of the series. You want HV be the last title? Then, go for it. I would expect more constructive comments/criticisms from such experienced group of players. I urge you to think about it.
Ubisoft is a large company and they won't go down if this game turns out to be a failure. But we all will be left with HIII and HIV for the rest of our lives. I don't want that. I want to play HX 10-15 years from now. Just give chance to Ubi, they have tons of resources to make a perfect series. I understand that you don't like what you see and I'm not happy either. But keeping the same "too bad" talk just helps increase your post count, which is already incredible btw ;) They will probably issue patches, expansion packs, so bring in your ideas to make the thing better. This is what the game and its future needs.

Cheers...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 May 2006, 15:12

Well we did the "constructive" criticism thing during the development stage. Why would they listen to us now?!

They want ideeas, there are plenty on the forum already.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 14 May 2006, 15:17

If that's the way the serie will be in the future, then yes, I'd prefer it didn't exist at all, and yes, the serie could stop here I wouldn't care.
And of course Ubisoft has enough resources to make a great serie, but then why didn't they use them for this title?

Some other titles may take its place, some already try to and are close to succeed. The M&M universe is no more, so there's no reason to keep the name Heroes of Might and Magic for games that don't belong to the name.
Image Spiritu Insanum

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: CH Forum vs HV

Unread postby dragonn » 14 May 2006, 15:21

theGryphon wrote:But we all will be left with HIII and HIV for the rest of our lives. I don't want that. I want to play HX 10-15 years from now.

I don't mind that, I will play H3 and H4 till the end of my days :D
theGryphon wrote: Just give chance to Ubi, they have tons of resources to make a perfect series. I understand that you don't like what you see and I'm not happy either. But keeping the same "too bad" talk just helps increase your post count, which is already incredible btw ;) They will probably issue patches, expansion packs, so bring in your ideas to make the thing better. This is what the game and its future needs.
Yeah, H5 is not that bad, and there is a possibility it will be better with patches and expansions...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 14 May 2006, 15:33

theGryphon wrote:All in all, it's really sad that the CH forum is so negative about HV. Aren't you all guys a bit inconsistent? I mean what if there were no HV? Would you be happier than now? Well if yes, I have nothing else to say. But I wouldn't believe you.
Flaming the game all around is not constructive for the future of the series. You want HV be the last title? Then, go for it. I would expect more constructive comments/criticisms from such experienced group of players. I urge you to think about it.
Ubisoft is a large company and they won't go down if this game turns out to be a failure. But we all will be left with HIII and HIV for the rest of our lives. I don't want that. I want to play HX 10-15 years from now. Just give chance to Ubi, they have tons of resources to make a perfect series. I understand that you don't like what you see and I'm not happy either. But keeping the same "too bad" talk just helps increase your post count, which is already incredible btw ;) They will probably issue patches, expansion packs, so bring in your ideas to make the thing better. This is what the game and its future needs.

Cheers...

And flaming a Heroes 4 was OK? And all those H4 haters around that is OK?????

we see many H4 scenario designers and they made superb H4 scenarios...

For example 3 shields and many others...

Well, those who liked to trash H4 and just praise H3 now got what they asked for... They were too blinded to see positive sides on H4 and now they ask - hey look at positive sides og H5...

We are looking at positive sides of H5... but we ask that you look at positive sides of H4 as welll and many were so blind that they couldn't see anything good on H4.
And they called themselfes Heroes fans... don't make me laugh! They were just narrowminded bunch of spoiled brats!

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 May 2006, 15:35

Wildbear wrote:The M&M universe is no more, so there's no reason to keep the name Heroes of Might and Magic for games that don't belong to the name.
Don't forget about the marketing reasons !
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 14 May 2006, 15:43

theGryphon wrote:which is already incredible btw ;) They will probably issue patches, expansion packs, so bring in your ideas to make the thing better. This is what the game and its future needs.

Cheers...
This game has no soul.. I`m not sure if they can patch in that.
IMHO.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 14 May 2006, 15:47

I think it's fun to see how in many cases, people who loved H4 and hated how everyone kept bashing that game now is on the other side of the equation. Now they are the ones who keep bashing a game that other people like.

For H5 lovers who also hated H4, this is a way to see how the other side had it all those years ago, and for the H4 lovers, now you're doing the same thing you didn't want people to do back then - endlessly bash the game you like.

Obviously this is a generalization, because there are plenty of people who hated both or who loved both games. But there's a bunch of people here who fits into one of these two profiles.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 14 May 2006, 15:47

Laserluger wrote:This game has no soul.. I`m not sure if they can patch in that.
IMHO.
I second that.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 14 May 2006, 15:53

Continuity wrote:I think it's fun to see how in many cases, people who loved H4 and hated how everyone kept bashing that game now is on the other side of the equation. Now they are the ones who keep bashing a game that other people like.

For H5 lovers who also hated H4, this is a way to see how the other side had it all those years ago, and for the H4 lovers, now you're doing the same thing you didn't want people to do back then - endlessly bash the game you like.

Obviously this is a generalization, because there are plenty of people who hated both or who loved both games. But there's a bunch of people here who fits into one of these two profiles.
Well said. It's amazing how the H4 lovers who complain everytime somebody says one thing negative about H4 and defend it to the death, are the same ones mindlessly bashing H5, even before the full game is out!

Well said... well said indeed.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 May 2006, 15:58

Continuity wrote:I think it's fun to see how in many cases, people who loved H4 and hated how everyone kept bashing that game now is on the other side of the equation. Now they are the ones who keep bashing a game that other people like.
You know what's the funny part ?
The most people who hated H4, mentioned these two main reasons for their critical opinion :

1) Stupid AI
2) Game was unfinished at the point of the release. Full of bugs.

Well, well, well. Now, the same people defend H5, wich has even more serious problems in these departments...
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 14 May 2006, 15:59

No Sir, there is a difference. I say that Heroes 5 is a good game and it is good game and overall have many positive sides than negative. Those weak sides are few anyway.

But, H4 haters were very brutal toward H4 unjustifyingly and wrongly... they hated everything, graphics was bad, heroes on the battlefield was bad and many other thing... I know many posters and so called fans that bashed H4 for years and kept telling H3 is king, H4 is rubish...

Now, when they sensed that they might lost whole Heroes games then they weak characters - started praising Heroes 5 even years before release... That is for psychology good to observe...

They said that H5 was second coming of a God etc...

So we talk about people who are realistic and about kids who cannot even measure things correctly in life... That's why they hated H4 so much...
It was black and white.

And they had all quite unrealistic wishes and expectation from Nival. For God sake Nival is not an NWC and never will be... so they had to BE DOUBLE THAT GOOD to deliver better game in the series... of any previous heroes game... so someone whould get a grip on situation...

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 14 May 2006, 16:00

And flaming a Heroes 4 was OK? And all those H4 haters around that is OK?????

we see many H4 scenario designers and they made superb H4 scenarios...

For example 3 shields and many others...

Well, those who liked to trash H4 and just praise H3 now got what they asked for... They were too blinded to see positive sides on H4 and now they ask - hey look at positive sides og H5...

We are looking at positive sides of H5... but we ask that you look at positive sides of H4 as welll and many were so blind that they couldn't see anything good on H4.
And they called themselfes Heroes fans... don't make me laugh! They were just narrowminded bunch of spoiled brats!
Hey dude, what on earth are you talking about?!! Look at the thread title and tell me how your post is relevant.
First, I LOVE HIV AS I LOVE HIII. And people around here know that. But what I'm concerned about and what this thread is supposed to talk about is the future of the series and the contribution of CH forums, etc. NOT "You flame HIV ha, now see what you have, hahaha". Unjust flaming of HIV is another discussion.
Second, noone does, or tells anyone to, see positive sides of HV. I'm trying to make people reconsider their "complain only" talk and switch somewhat to "what could be done now" talk. And, apparently, you are not in the target community.
Third, do not post here if you cannot behave in a civilized manner. :disagree:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 May 2006, 16:05

I for once see the positive side of HV.But I simply dont find that there are enough of them.We have a nice skill system,but it could be better.We have some nice abilities,but theyre not too original(except for the battle,chain shot and magic ray).The only thing I praise in this game is the initiative system.Now that one should stay with next sequels,if there are to be any.

@theGryphon

Being a fan of RA and EE,and seing how awful sequels destroyed them,I really would much rather prefer no more heroes sequels,than bad sequels.

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 14 May 2006, 16:07

theGryphon wrote: Hey dude, what on earth are you talking about?!! Look at the thread title and tell me how your post is relevant.
First, I LOVE HIV AS I LOVE HIII. And people around here know that. But what I'm concerned about and what this thread is supposed to talk about is the future of the series and the contribution of CH forums, etc. NOT "You flame HIV ha, now see what you have, hahaha". Unjust flaming of HIV is another discussion.
Second, noone does, or tells anyone to, see positive sides of HV. I'm trying to make people reconsider their "complain only" talk and switch somewhat to "what could be done now" talk. And, apparently, you are not in the target community.
Third, do not post here if you cannot behave in a civilized manner. :disagree:
I can behave civilized and to be such offender,... i was not addesing you specifically but some that behaved wrongly in my book...

But you are RIGHT in one regard we must be constructive but telling that CITY INTERFACE IS LOUSIER NOW is just reality and constructive in a way!!!

Is that a lie sir?

We don't need to put black cloth on our eyes and prasise emperor's new cloth ... blah...

we could just say our opinion and yes sir I will play H5 no matter those few weak sides. That is contrary of many that IGNORED H4 YES OR NO?

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 14 May 2006, 16:08

Veldrynus wrote:
You know what's the funny part ?
The most people who hated H4, mentioned these two main reasons for their critical opinion :

1) Stupid AI
2) Game was unfinished at the point of the release. Full of bugs.

Well, well, well. Now, the same people defend H5, wich has even more serious problems in these departments...
Well, if you're talking about me, let me tell you these. I enjoyed playing HIV as I enjoyed every single title before that. HIV had problems?, so what, every game has certain problems. And I proudly defended HIV against those who blindly bashed it and called a "shame".
But now, it's a different story, HV is not final yet (hoping for patches and expansions). Plus, I'm not in no way defending HV. I'm urging this community to somewhat try and contribute to its development rather than just complain about it.
Are you people not getting my point? :|

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 14 May 2006, 16:12

theGryphon wrote:Just give chance to Ubi, they have tons of resources to make a perfect series. I understand that you don't like what you see and I'm not happy either.
When you consider that the last two games of a five-game series were published far before they were complete (I might go as far as saying they were fraud commited on the buyers), you can't be too surprised by the level of negativity the game is receiving. The only reason Ubisoft is getting any money for H5 from me is that I want the soundtrack - after what I have seen, I don't expect to play the game at all.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 14 May 2006, 16:18

Are you people not getting my point?
And can't you see we contributed far enough when the game was still under development? We began when it was still NWC on the job, and mostly did it all again when the license has been bought. We've detailed what ideas we didn't like, explained why and showed several solutions on numerous issues.

The development is over, if the game isn't good at this point it will never be.
Image Spiritu Insanum

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 14 May 2006, 16:24

@ Wildbear and Laserluger
You're too pessimistic man, it's really sad to hear that :(

Saying that you don't like a particular thing in the game is OK, of course everyone has the right to do so. But you don't see what the CH forum has come to: ALL BASHING. Same things over and over, from the same people. I am just confused and disappointed in that a high quality community like this should've been more creative and constructive, IMHO. So, this is to the core community, who know themselves ;)
Saying that you don't like a particular thing in the game is OK. But saying it 500 times, whenever possible? ;|

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 May 2006, 16:25

@theGryphon

I was talking about a larger group of people. If you're member of the club, then I was talking about you too.

How can we contribute to the games development now ? They had enough time and resources to do it right. Patches won't turn this game into a masterpiece.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”