Why there are no new things?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Why there are no new things?

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 13 May 2006, 13:58

I have played all the Heroes games and I may say that the best was the heroes 3.
Heroes 4 was a little stupid,because on the beggining you are to weak and when you get a little stronger,nobady can defeat you...

Now I am playing this 5 part and in it i see Heroes 3,but thats is the problem,just when I entered in the Heroes 5 and started to play,it took me about 5 minutes to lern everything what is new,so the question is Why are there no MORE new things.

I give all compliments about grafics,but that all new.They inserted some new creatures,but thats not too much.The Heroes sholud be more of a game that is harder to play,now they created a game that every idiot can play it if he has in his army 20 Champions.

Question: Why there are no MORE new things?
can anyone answer me?
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 13 May 2006, 14:01

I'd say a "fully upgraded" Heroes III is about as much as you could want... all those factions, spells creatures etc was an awful lot (and fun too).

I think we're all spoiled by just how much was in a "Heroes III Complete" game.

If they came out with Heroes V having as much as was in Heroes III, then they'd have nowhere to go with expansion packs (and hence more money for UbiSoft).

I think we'll see more "new" stuff in Heroes V after the inevitable expansion(s).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 May 2006, 14:02

Because H4 had new things and H4 is bad....

They said at the start that "people want H3 in 3D, and that's what they gave us".
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 May 2006, 14:08

Nothing new?How can you say that?!Didnt you notice the glow?!Everything is glowing,and is so shiny!How can you say that its not new with that marvelous glow?!

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Why there are no new things?

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 May 2006, 14:14

RommeL_666 wrote: Question: Why there are no MORE new things?
can anyone answer me?
Because that's you people wanted ! The same "good old H3" with new fancy graphics. Now, enjoooooy it ! :devil:

Wait ! It is not the same "good old H3"! That game was and it is still much better than this one.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 13 May 2006, 14:18

Veldrynus wrote: Wait ! It is not the same "good old H3"! That game was and it is still much better than this one.
To be truthfull, this game IS Heroes III with fancy new graphics... the biggest differance is that this game is like "HEROES III"... PERIOD... it's NOT like "HEROES III COMPLETE".

If anyone still remembers the un-upgraded Heroes III (before all the expansions), this game most closely resembles that. I'd say 99% of the folks around here are comparing it more to Heroes III Complete, which obviously had more content.

If HOMMV came out as a clone of Heroes III Complete with fancy graphics, there'd be less moaning, I can assure you. Be careful what you wish for folks... you should have all said "We want Heroes V to be a newer version of Heroes III Complete with fancy graphics".

Instead, you only said "Heroes III" with fancy graphics... that's your bad for wishing that! ;)

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 13 May 2006, 14:25

RommeL_666 wrote:The Heroes sholud be more of a game that is harder to play,now they created a game that every idiot can play it if he has in his army 20 Champions.
How does that differ from any other Heroes game? If I have 20 L6's in any of them (or L4's for H4), I'm going to go out conqueting things.
RommeL_666 wrote: Question: Why there are no MORE new things?
can anyone answer me?
Because people like to complain about H5 no matter what they decide to do. Some people have legitimate complaints. But if they had introduced a bunch of new stuff, there would be a large cross-section of people currently complaining that nothing's new that would suddenly start complaining that the game had lost "the spirit" of Heroes.

Novelty's overrated, anyway.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 13 May 2006, 14:49

yes it is totally true,grafic is BEAUTIFUL,but is this what we all wanted?

I remember all the unsleped nights when I played Heroes 3,I enjoyed in playing it,even the story was nice:X)

and I think the grafics is what I wanted that they fix,but I never wanted that they go to 3D,maybe they lost now the playability of the game,and maybe they lost some of the old players.I never played the Heroes because of the grafics,I played it because it was totally interesting,and because in every new mission I lerned something new,it looks like that this new Heroes wan`t be like that:(

but I still have hope
;)
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 13 May 2006, 14:59

There's plenty of new stuff. The Initiative system, cutscenes in maps, the magic system, the abilities, the Haven training mechanism, the town point system, etc, etc. You just want to whine and be negative so you ignore everythign that doesn't support your opinion.

Lucifer, shut up. You think you're funny but you're just being dumb. And for Christ's sake learn to use spaces. Reading your posts is painful.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 May 2006, 16:08

Continuity wrote:There's plenty of new stuff. The Initiative system, cutscenes in maps, the magic system, the abilities, the Haven training mechanism, the town point system, etc, etc. You just want to whine and be negative so you ignore everythign that doesn't support your opinion.

Lucifer, shut up. You think you're funny but you're just being dumb. And for Christ's sake learn to use spaces. Reading your posts is painful.
Agree completely. Instead of whining and comment negative complaints and sarcasm H5 to death go to the forums with your favorite Heroes games, we know you hate H5 we have heard it too many times before so do something creative and useful instead.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 13 May 2006, 16:18

You know what I find funny, and pathetic at the same time? I've noticed a pattern.

The people that complain about the direction Heroes 5 took are the same exact people that condone illegal activity (i.e. downloading games off the Internet).

Boo hoo, Heroes 5 isn't what you expected! It's nothing but an H3 clone in 3D! Get a life and grow up!

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 13 May 2006, 17:04

I like the new Heroes game.

It truly is what we all wanted, and I don't mind the fact that it's a H3 clone, because the game was good...

And still, they implemented a couple of new things [I like some of the new monsters like Rakshassa or Wight (the new one)].

The only thing that bothers me is the small amount of new adventure map objects (I'm not counting new dwellings), as for now I've seen only one new object - the Outpost.

I've heard that the Sphinx object is back, at least it was, in the beta...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 May 2006, 18:48

Dont forget tthe "new" IMO useful witch hut :)

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 May 2006, 20:17

dragonn wrote:I like the new Heroes game.

It truly is what we all wanted, and I don't mind the fact that it's a H3 clone, because the game was good...
Then go and play the original H3 instead of this.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 May 2006, 20:39

@Continuity&Orfinn

You want constructive?I believe I gave plenty of constructive ideas(heroes guards,timed upgrades,creature XP,etc,etc).But Im just a fan so it doesnt matter.Like many other constructive ideas(parcels,chaotic upgrades,excelent towns,....)mine have fallen on death ears.

No,this is not HIII with fancy graphics,since even the basic HIII had tons of maps you could play,excelent graphics(dont call this abomination beautifull just because its 3D),nice story and unmatched atmosphere.

@Continuity
I said once before,and Ill say it again:I AM NOT GOING TO USE SPACES AFTER COMMAS,DOTS,EXCLAMATION AND QUESTION MARKS.If you dont like it,then dont read me,I dont care.I have the same right to write my oppinions as you.And you have the right to disagre with me and to ignore me,but not to shut me up.So eat your heart out :devil:
King Imp wrote:You know what I find funny, and pathetic at the same time? I've noticed a pattern.

The people that complain about the direction Heroes 5 took are the same exact people that condone illegal activity (i.e. downloading games off the Internet).
Sorry to prove you wrong,but Ethric dislikes HV as well.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 May 2006, 21:05

King Imp wrote: Boo hoo, Heroes 5 isn't what you expected! It's nothing but an H3 clone in 3D! Get a life and grow up!
LOL.

Those who "have a life" do not spend time on forums like these.

H5 IS A H3 CLONE IN 3D ! Everyone with a higher IQ than 57 can realize it.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 13 May 2006, 21:13

Not a perfect clone, though.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 May 2006, 21:17

theLuckyDragon wrote:Not a perfect clone, though.
Right. The word is "pathetic"...

A pathetic clone.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 13 May 2006, 21:20

I'll wait for the story before I use adjectives like that one.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 May 2006, 21:24

Veldrynus wrote:H5 IS A H3 CLONE IN 3D ! Everyone with a higher IQ than 57 can realize it.
You know what? I agree. It IS a clone. A clone that has been raised in a rather different environment though, resulting in a rather different end-product. I thought it was a clone in the naïve, Science Fiction-esqe way at first as well, and I still don't like some of the things that are being kept from that game, but overall, I like it. Some parts of it's are tha same and worse from it. Some are very different. All in all, I'd say it's as much of a clone of H3 as H3 was of H2. This might make you give up on the game, and that's fine. Me, I think I'll have fun with H5 in the meantime, despite it not turning out to be exactly the game I wanted.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Heroes V-VI”