H5 installation with Win 10

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

H5 installation with Win 10

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 07 Mar 2017, 23:50

First time posting in a long time. I have a new machine and have installed TOE. I attempted to install patches 1.4, 1.41, 1.5, 1.6 all failed, so I installed 3.1 and that worked. Played one mission in ORC Campaign.

I don't remember where the original campaigns are located can anyone tell me if those patches that failed are necessary? And where are the original campaigns?

Sslaxx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: H5 installation with Win 10

Unread postby Sslaxx » 08 Mar 2017, 11:09

Had no issues using the Heroes 5 installers from GOG.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Mar 2017, 13:44

bkknight2602 wrote:First time posting in a long time. I have a new machine and have installed TOE. I attempted to install patches 1.4, 1.41, 1.5, 1.6 all failed, so I installed 3.1 and that worked. Played one mission in ORC Campaign.

I don't remember where the original campaigns are located can anyone tell me if those patches that failed are necessary? And where are the original campaigns?
Expansions have just one patch. See it here.

As for original campaigns, it seems that they were eaten by time.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120925002 ... paigns.php

Some of links might work, but you will need to able to download whole set with a lot of patience. To get original campaigns running under ToTE, alternatively you may play just the maps.

heroes-fr is dead, migrated to archangelcastle.com but I cannot find them here, Some other finding is here.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 08 Mar 2017, 15:53

Pol wrote:
bkknight2602 wrote:First time posting in a long time. I have a new machine and have installed TOE. I attempted to install patches 1.4, 1.41, 1.5, 1.6 all failed, so I installed 3.1 and that worked. Played one mission in ORC Campaign.

Expansions have just one patch. See it here.

As for original campaigns, it seems that they were eaten by time.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120925002 ... paigns.php

Some of links might work, but you will need to able to download whole set with a lot of patience. To get original campaigns running under ToTE, alternatively you may play just the maps.

heroes-fr is dead, migrated to archangelcastle.com but I cannot find them here, Some other finding is here.
Thanks for the links, Pol. I'll re-post after downloading them.

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 08 Mar 2017, 16:03

I forgot to indicate that I have all of the disks H5, HOF, TOE.
Would in better to uninstall and then install H5, apply patches, install HOF, install TOE and apply 3.1 patch?
Just curious about that procedure would be better or just leave well enough and down load the links listed by Pol?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Mar 2017, 11:32

There I really don't know. I assume that you can play everything from ToTE, except original campaigns. For which you will need to launch original executables. Or use separate maps/mod.

As for updates, I assume that installing expansions update the core game as well. So in the end you are missing just the 3.0 patch.

Have no way to confirm, owning only ToTE/Complete version, Got it year ago, to complete my collection.
Last edited by Pol on 09 Mar 2017, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 03 Apr 2017, 13:30

Just to make the situation a bit more clear:

H5 has three parts which are the original game (part 1) and two add-ons: Hammers of Fate and Tribes of the East (parts 2 and 3).

For playing HOF, you need to own the original game while TOE is a stand-alone.

However, each of these three parts has its own patches: 1.4 - 1.6 patches for the original game (as the 1.4 patch includes the previous three ones), 2.1 patch for HOF and 3.1 for TOE.

Unlike for example H7, TOE does not include the campaigns from previous two versions. Nevertheless, they are still downloadable. Check the H5.5 mod, http://www.moddb.com/mods/might-magic-heroes-55, the files with original files are already included there.
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 26 Jun 2017, 21:24

This is amazing, that there are still people playing and discussing this game!

My son gave me the Ubisoft complete HoMM collection for Christmas, I played them all several years ago on a retired computer.

I played through the original campaign and installed and started the HoF Campaign. It purports to be ver. 2.1 but doesn't have the Kingdom Summary screen and doesn't give co-ordinates when I hold down ^control so I downloaded the patch. When I run the patch it eventually tells me it can't locate the original game.

Advice?

This is still a great game!!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”