Leak

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maareek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Leak

Unread postby maareek » 10 May 2006, 14:59

Heroes 5 isnt even in the stores yet, but already its possible to download the

game from the net.

Those guys are insanely fast.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 10 May 2006, 15:08

It happens with all games these days. I just hope Ubisoft doesn't have second thoughts about Starforce.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ultima_squall
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ultima_squall » 10 May 2006, 15:16

Star Force wouldn't have changed anything. Ubisoft uses Starforce 3.7 or 3.8 for their games and those version have been cracked regularly by RELOADED, the same group that just released HOMM V. It's star force version 4 that's not yet crackable. In any case the suckers who download the game won't be able to play online :)

maareek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maareek » 10 May 2006, 15:18

I dont think that starforce would had prevented it. In the best scenario for

Ubisoft it would had delayed the pirate release for a couple of days.

For example Spellforce 2 had starforce protection and a playable version was

available in a couple of days after the game hitted the stores.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 10 May 2006, 15:45

Actually, SF 5 was to be used on H5, not SF 4.

In any event, this is expected, as it happens to all 'really good' games now, and it is a testament to how good the game really is. =)

I will personally be buying the game myself, DL available or not

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 May 2006, 16:08

I agree if I decide to own it, I'll buy it. It is unfortunate that hackers release their work to the world. It does damage sales and threatens a games future.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Leak (was: HAHAHAHAHA)

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 May 2006, 16:38

maareek wrote:Heroes 5 isnt even in the stores yet, but already its possible to download the game from the net.
Those guys are insanely fast.
And that's why you shouldn't wait a month after the game is gold to release it.

And in no way concerning SF: Daemon Tools 4 was been out for some time...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 10 May 2006, 17:55

ThunderTitan wrote: And that's why you shouldn't wait a month after the game is gold to release it.
You know, they hardly make all the copies the day it goes gold and them lets them collect dust for a month before release...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 10 May 2006, 18:17

What I don't get is how anyone even got their hands on it in the first place.

katabroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby katabroc » 10 May 2006, 18:21

Gaidal Cain wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: And that's why you shouldn't wait a month after the game is gold to release it.
You know, they hardly make all the copies the day it goes gold and them lets them collect dust for a month before release...
ThunderTitan OWNED? hehehe
Btw, I live in Brazil, i will buy the original game, but it will cost more than the regular salary payed to most of the brazillians (including taxes). I think that the community makes the game a success, I mean, ppl who like it will buy and spread good things about it, making more and more sales. And for those 6k ppl that are downloading it right now, probably lots of them will enjoy the game and buy the original. I dont think nowadays ppl buy games without knowing what is it about, so this leak will not be that bad for Heroes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 May 2006, 18:31

Gaidal Cain wrote: You know, they hardly make all the copies the day it goes gold and them lets them collect dust for a month before release...
Oh please. Like a month is such a short time in which to make copies. With proper planning i'm sure they could have released it sooner.
King Imp wrote:What I don't get is how anyone even got their hands on it in the first place.
Same way they get movies, they know somebody at the theater.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 10 May 2006, 20:35

King Imp wrote:What I don't get is how anyone even got their hands on it in the first place.
If you read the nfos there's a mail adress to contact them. If you work at a place which got access to games before release (pressing plant f.e) then you contact them and start a cooperation. You give them a copy and they give you unlimited access to a top FTP server that has everything.

Ultima_Squall: It depends also on the lvl of protection. There's basic, Pro and Elite. Elite has not been cracked (circumvented with USB CD/DVD drives, motherboard IDE controllers yes). Pro I don't know but think so. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is protected with Elite.

Maarek: Spellforce 2 is protected with StarForce in usa and something else in Europe. Thus the group crack the European version.
Last edited by Campaigner on 10 May 2006, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 10 May 2006, 20:39

ThunderTitan wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote: You know, they hardly make all the copies the day it goes gold and them lets them collect dust for a month before release...
Oh please. Like a month is such a short time in which to make copies. With proper planning i'm sure they could have released it sooner.
Do you really think they're not trying their best to make sure the game is shipped as soon as possible? Sure, they probably aren't as pressed as the developers during the last two weeks of coding, but I can't see them being allowed to be lazy about it...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 May 2006, 20:59

That is where the "theft" part comes in. Somebody has taken a copy and made it available on the net. It could have been somebody who were supposed to test/review it, it could be somebody employed at UbiSoft, it could be any number of people.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 10 May 2006, 21:01

ThunderTitan wrote:
Gold -> print -> packaging -> warehouse -> shipping -> warehouse -> retail

I don't really know much about the logistics of Ubisoft in particular, but the line above is a raw concept of what a game goes through. Notice that this line is different for each and every country and they need to have a margin for error in the release date to ensure that the game really is available on that date.

There's so many things to consider. They (like any other big company in the world) have a couple of people whose only job is to manage these production lines. So no, I don't think they could've done it faster. They pay big money to get this out as soon as they can - I would bet all my belongings on that. You, sir, are flat our wrong on this one.

katabroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby katabroc » 10 May 2006, 21:27

This leak is Osama's fault :D

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 10 May 2006, 21:35

I hope non of dl it! And well i sice ubi has gone out of its way to make us happy you should think about it if know somody who should need to be reminded that dling leads to sf hell!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

HugoMF
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HugoMF » 10 May 2006, 21:43

Im downloading it right now. I cant stand the wait anymore, its too dauting.
On the other hand on release day ill be the first in line to buy the collector's edition. :devil:

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 10 May 2006, 21:54

idot sry but you are!

sry to all other inosent people seeimg this post but it just pisses me of that fc could say if he wants told you so to me!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

HugoMF
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HugoMF » 10 May 2006, 22:01

Well im sorry if you think so, but its just the way things are.
There's not a single game i have played and enjoyed that i didn't buy. Nothing beats a quallity original.
On the other hand i'd like to know why i think so, seeing as how not only will i be buying the game, but the most expensive version of it in that matter...
As part of the multimedia industry i would know how much piracy hurts, and in no way could i EVER not buy the things i use and enjoy.
Shame on you to think otherwise.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”