Dwarven town for expansion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
gregthanatos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gregthanatos » 08 Jul 2006, 01:58

Yeah Steamtank, I thought your mammoth idea was clever, and it seemes to fit the theme well.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jul 2006, 02:46

demented_dognz wrote:What do you mean by this?
I mean the whole unity through race thing weve seen especially with elves and humans.

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 10 Jul 2006, 07:57

Creature dwellings look good. Any ideas for special buildings, cost, resource requirements, hero skills, skill tree, ultimate...

<rant>
Another racial town?! Wow, dscrimination must be a serious issue on Ashan. First, there's the battle of the sexes between the elves. So the female elves don't assume their sub-ordinate roles in society? Cool - call them traitors and then deport them. Wanna fight for the elven king? Sure - if you're willing to jump around naked and paint your body green, and wear sharp, painful brambles around your torso just so the males think you look cute, sure. And how do the dark-elves respond? Make the men wrap themselves up like women under the Taliban, and make sure you have big rusty-nipple-rings to add to their misery too.

And then there's the tall homo-sapiens called humans fighting the short homo-sapiens called dwarves. Imagine how funny it would be if there's a class-action suit when 3000 General Electric employees complaining that short-managers get paid less than tall-ones, resulting in an anti-height-discrimination rule. Far-fetched? Not when you already have people sueing Mc-Donalds for making them fat...
</rant>

minger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby minger » 10 Jul 2006, 17:31

sylvanllewelyn wrote:Creature dwellings look good. Any ideas for special buildings, cost, resource requirements, hero skills, skill tree, ultimate...

<rant>
Another racial town?! Wow, dscrimination must be a serious issue on Ashan. First, there's the battle of the sexes between the elves. So the female elves don't assume their sub-ordinate roles in society? Cool - call them traitors and then deport them. Wanna fight for the elven king? Sure - if you're willing to jump around naked and paint your body green, and wear sharp, painful brambles around your torso just so the males think you look cute, sure. And how do the dark-elves respond? Make the men wrap themselves up like women under the Taliban, and make sure you have big rusty-nipple-rings to add to their misery too.

And then there's the tall homo-sapiens called humans fighting the short homo-sapiens called dwarves. Imagine how funny it would be if there's a class-action suit when 3000 General Electric employees complaining that short-managers get paid less than tall-ones, resulting in an anti-height-discrimination rule. Far-fetched? Not when you already have people sueing Mc-Donalds for making them fat...
</rant>

LOL i know... why can't Ashan just have a race comprising everyone and everyone get along? No more humans discriminating against skeletons...

To be a lawyer nerd, the mcdonald's suit is under a different legal theory from the short people suit. The mcdonald's suit is slightly easier for plaintiffs (though still really hard) b/c they have to show that mcdonald's breached their duty of care. For the discrimination suit, there IS no state or federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of height. Therefore, they would lose, b/c they need an actual law for them to sue (whereas the mcdonald's people don't).

Nobody
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nobody » 12 Jul 2006, 18:56

Description- The dwarves live in mines inside snowy mountains (like Moria in LOTR). These mines were dwelt by spirits before the dwarves arrived, but they managed to live harmoniously with each other. The mountains were also home to giants and eagles who will also defend them if they think they are threatened. It’s an defensive oriented town.

Units:

L1- Spirit miner
Description: Spirits, have picks as weapons and use no armor. They don’t have any military training but will come to fights if needed. Are weak and vulnerable.
Stats: Atk: 1 Def: 1 Dam:1 Spd: 5 Ini: 10 Hp: 4
Abilities: mining 0,02(ore)

Upg- Mine guard
Description: Spirits with picks and light armor. Are stronger and can dodge attacks, but are less efficient when it comes to mining.
Stats: Atk: 1 Def: 2 Dam: 1-2 Spd: 6 Ini: 12 Hp: 6
Abilities: mining 0,01(ore) semi-incorporeal defender 1

L2- Dwarf miner
Description: Dwarfs with axes and no armor. They are weak, but have a reasonable defense.
Stats: Atk: 2 Def: 4 Dam: 1-3 Spd: 5 Ini: 9 Hp:13
Abilities: mining 0,04(ore) 0,02(crystal) defender 1

Upg- (?)
Description: They are a bit stronger, faster and have better mining skills.
Stats: Atk:2 Def: 5 Dam:2-3 Spd: 6 Ini: 11 Hp:15
Abilities: mining 0,06(ore) 0,03(crystal) defender 2

L3- Dwarf crossbowmen(?)
Description: Main ranged unit, carries a crossbow.
Stats: Atk: 3 Def: 4 Dam: 4-6 Spd: 4 Ini:10 Hp:12
Abilities: shooter negates 20% of enemy defense half range penalty

Upg- Sharpshooter
Description: Are the elite shooter of the dwarves. Carry an big and heavy crossbow whose bolts can penetrate any armor.
Stats: Atk: 4 Def: 6 Dam: 5-7 Spd: 4 Ini:9 Hp:15
Abilities: shooter negates 40% of enemy defense no range penalty precise shot

L4- Wise spirit
Description: these very weak spellcaster depend entirely on their spells to defend themselves.
Stats: Atk: 3 Def: 5 Dam: 2-4 Spd: 6 Ini: 10 Hp: 15
Abilities: caster (bless, curse, ice bolt)

Upg- Ancient spirit
Description: A bit stronger but still very weak these spirits are even better spellcasters.
Stats: Atk: 4 Def: 7 Dam: 3-6 Spd: 6 Ini:12 Hp:22
Abilities: caster (bless, curse, ice bolt, circle of winter, endurance)

L5- Dwarf warrior
Description: Very well equipped for battle these warriors excel at melee combat. They are armed with an axe and a shield.
Stats: Atk: 12 Def: 14 Dam: 11-15 Spd: 5 Ini:10 Hp:60
Abilities: takes -20% damage on retaliation strikes and deals +20% damage on them

Upg- Dwarf warlord
Description: Elite dwarven infantry they can attack twice before the enemy knows what hit them.
Stats: Atk: 15 Def: 18 Dam: 13-18 Spd:6 Ini: 11 Hp:80
Abilities: takes -40% damage on retaliation strikes and deals +40% damage on them double strike

L6- Eagle
Description: Big and proud birds, they live on the mountains were the dwarves established. With their trained eyes they can see farther than most.
Stats: Atk:21 Def: 21 Dam: 16-22 Spd: 8 Ini:13 Hp:90
Abilities: eagle eye retals twice

Upg- Frost Eagle
Description: Slightly stronger than the normal eagle, the frost eagle can freeze it’s enemies when it attacks.
Stats: Atk:22 Def:22 Dam:19-26 Spd:8 Ini: 15 Hp:100
Abilities: eagle eye unlimited retal freezing attack

L7- Stone giant
Description: Big and strong these giants are like brick walls. They are resistant to spells and ranged attacks .
Stats: Atk: 23 Def: 30 Dam: 25-40 Spd: 5 Ini:9 Hp:220
Abilities: -50% ranged damage -50% damage from spells

Upg- Granite giant
Description: Even stronger these giants can defend their allies behind them from ranged attacks by using their bodies as shields.
Stats: Atk: 25 Def: 35 Dam: 30-45 Spd:6 Ini:10 Hp:270
Abilities: -75% ranged damage -75% damage from spells 50% chance to resist spells (friend or foe) body shield

Abilities description:

Mining- when garrisoned inside an ore mine an unit with ore mining can generate it’s mining bonus of ore per day for up to 2 extra ore per mine.
when garrisoned inside an crystal mine an unit with crystal mining can generate it’s mining bonus of crystal per day for up to 1 extra crystal per mine.

Semi-incorporeal- each unit in the stack has a 25% chance to dodge the attack

Defender- when a unit with defender is garrisoned it gets it’s defender bonus to all of his stats.

Half ranged penalty- the unit’s ranged penalty is smaller than those of normal shooters.

Precise shot- unit loses it’s current turn, but in it’s next turn it can attack dealing extra damage and completely negating enemy defense.

Eagle eye- hero carrying an eagle can see farther on the adventure map

Freezing attack- when the frost eagle attacks it has a 20% chance to freeze enemies. Frozen enemies lose it’s next 3 turns, but only take 50% of the damage while it’s frozen.

Body shield- %50% of all ranged damage dealt to friendly units standing directly behind the granite giant is redirected to him instead. (ranged resistance applies to this damage)

Sorry for my english, suggestions are welcomed.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 12 Jul 2006, 20:25

ok, i dont know if any of youhave heard me say this before, but i really think a level 4 crystal dragon is in place here... i am currently on vacation, but when i get home in about a week i will make a town with that level 4 crystal dragon in it that i have planned for a while... in the meantime, i would like to know what yo think of a low-level crystal dragon in this town, and whether or not you would use it, and how you would use it.

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 14 Jul 2006, 06:00

Nelgirith wrote:" Born from the Void, the Cosmic egg appears and hatches, freeing the twin Dragons of Order and Chaos.
ASHA, the Primordial Dragon of Order creates the world by giving it shape and purpose.
She then gives birth to the Elemental Dragons who are destined to guide and rule her creation.
The mortal races are created as “servants of the Dragon Gods”, and placed upon the earth. Each chooses its gift and its patron.
The radiant Angels choose ELRATH, the Dragon of Light.
The mysterious Faceless choose MALASSA, the Dragon of Shadow.
The quiet and meditative Elves choose SYLANNA, the Dragon of Earth.
The proud and sturdy Dwarves choose ARKATH, the Dragon of Fire.
The wise reptilian Nagas choose SHALASSA, the Dragon of Water.
The curious, restless Humans choose last and select SYLATH, the Dragon of Air.
Smouldering with jealousy, URGASH, the Primordial Dragon of Chaos creates the Demons in an attempt to surpass his sister's achievements."
From this quote we can see that there is a Dwarven race so we can be sure that it will be inplemented in some expansion pack, as well as the Nagas. We just have to quest the name of the expansion ;D.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

koganei83
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby koganei83 » 14 Jul 2006, 07:45

not forgetting the orcs, they were mentioned too..

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 14 Jul 2006, 17:40

I would normally expect dwarves to be in a snowy type mountain environment but seeing that they worship the dragon of fire I'm not really sure anymore. They may possibly go with nobody's description, however, you never really know. They may easily be an underground race working in a huge forge-style town with lots of mechanical units or they may be a tough stronghold type faction.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”