Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 (unofficial)

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Oct 2015, 20:28

magnomagus wrote:This mod must be installed on top of Tribes of the East + PATCH 3.1 (GOG Bundle also possible)
It includes all campaigns bugfixed for Quantomas AI (question from other thread)
Well, I should say I feel slightly tempted to try this one. :D

Although I'd have to buy the games – again – first. :drama:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Oct 2015, 05:20

Where can I find this Epic, Ultima, Chain, etc. maps? They are not in the regular Maps folder.

Lomedae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lomedae » 29 Oct 2015, 14:43

There are a few example maps Epic, Ultima etc you can try to start with, be sure to have RNG map checked in the map selection.
If you want to play a fresh map you'll need to use the included map generator, and reference the manual for the correct parameters to select.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Oct 2015, 21:07

I know how to play them, I was ask where are they in the folders so I can edit them.

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 30 Oct 2015, 13:31

But, Sandro's Cloak does not work, as the enemy heroes are successfully casting Hypnotize and Frenzy on me. It just beats whatever use for this artifact into the ground.
Overruled by staff of sar issus? This is not mentioned in 3.1 patch as a source code bug.
Also, I am not sure what you did with the Confusion spell, but I fail to find whatever use for it now when shooters shoot and other creatures do retaliate all the time.
It is very powerful, only few creatures are taken in damage calculation
Other thing I find disturbing - the hero's attack is regularly doing more damage than most of the spells, often even on expert Destruction Magic (well, when you have low SP points, ofc.). Still I think they must be more damaging than that - it saves you a lot of mana in some battles.
very rarely actually since, magic heroes will always have high Sp and furthermore hero attack costs entire turn.
The Champions Charge of havens Champions does not work as well (not hitting the second stack as it is explained in the abilities), and this is a bug I am experience since a long time.
Also never mentioned a s source code bug, the unit needs to walk more than 2 tiles

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 30 Oct 2015, 13:32

MAJOR UPDATE !!!

Version 5.52 (RC3) is released.

Uninstall RC2 before use, you can keep your old ARMG maps but ARMG can now make better ones from the same templates.

NEW FEATURES

-Large extension of the Advanced RMG, 3 new templates series, 14 new templates, RMG generates 2 different obelisk quests with new battlefields and boss battles. Various landscape and graphics enhancements.

-Optional Balanced Town/Dwelling Conversion gameplay. The new town conversion gameplay will be very competitive and not easy like H6, Check Separate thread!
(It is recommended to switch off this function if you want to play campaigns/single player scenario's, it is mainly intended for RMG/Multiplayer maps and scenario's specifically balanced for it.)

-Large Update of HDTex pack with various enhancements. Big thanks to xuxo for many textures/resource models and new unique artifact container!

-New Rage Button for providing rage level info in combat screen.

-Balanced Knowledge primary Skill (Issue since HOMM1), Knowledge will affect the effectiveness of many artifacts in the game (Strength of Resurrections/Amount of Reinforcements/Amounts of Resources). Current solution fits well in the lore of Ashan since knowledge was already connected to the use of artifacts (Academy).

-Reorganized necromancy and necro-leadership to solve current discontent from the players with those skills. (screenshots)

-Improved Retribution,Know Your Enemy,Nature Wrath,Secrets of Destruction,Plague Tent.

-Removed blackscreen from hotseat.

-Fixed most reported bugs.

MOVED SCREENSHOTS:

Additional Shantiri Disc and obelisk quests for RMG maps, (does not affect eye of magi objects on regular maps, this object could not be used by RMG in regular way). Note: The RMG generates these quest regardless of using editor/utility, the old option should not be used. On small maps the reward is automatically scaled down (to minor artifact if needed). See ARMG manual for more info.

Message if usage of town management skill fails:

Last edited by magnomagus on 15 Dec 2015, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Nov 2015, 16:08

The game started crashing during loading a saved game. Usually after the second attempt to load a save.

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 01 Nov 2015, 22:05

There may be issues with old saved game used under RC2a, loaded under RC3.

If you use 32bit, you may suffer CTD during loading large maps regularly. This is a known memory issue, existing in the original game.

Only the 64bit exe is free of this issue. If you want to use the 64bit exe under a 32bit OS: google Windows 3GB startup switch for a guide how to modify your OS for larger memory adress.

About Sandro's Cloak: I think this artifact is supposed to work the other way around: you casting frenzy on immune enemies!

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 04 Nov 2015, 14:01

Or maybe in some cases it applies for both enemy and friendly units, I dunno. ;)
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 06 Nov 2015, 16:42

magnomagus wrote:It is very powerful, only few creatures are taken in damage calculation
But it is like useless like that. Wouldn't it be better if the spell got "switched" with Sorrow? Like Sorrow to get the mass effect and Confusion to stay as a single unit cast spell?
Other thing I find disturbing - the hero's attack is regularly doing more damage than most of the spells, often even on expert Destruction Magic (well, when you have low SP points, ofc.). Still I think they must be more damaging than that - it saves you a lot of mana in some battles.
magnomagus wrote:very rarely actually since, magic heroes will always have high Sp and furthermore hero attack costs entire turn.
I get this, but still it does not make a lot of sense with spells like Ice Bolt and Lightning... and that Fist Of Wrath spell (which I find useless as well (well, it can be cast on Black Dragons but that is)) - is it possible for it to be tweaked as well, to be linked and to deal like triple the regular hero DMG? This, in my opinion, will make it really, really useful.

About Sandro's Cloak, yes, now I read it again. For some reason it was stuck in my mind that it works the other way.

Also, is there a reason why I see options like that:

And the MMH5.5 Editor is not opening for me. I have to use the original exe.

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 07 Nov 2015, 11:41

It looks like patch 3.1 was not properly installed before MMH55 or you have a conflicting mod or user map installed again.

I have already significantly boosted fist of wrath and ice bolt, if they would get any stronger they would become stronger than higher level spells that are supposed to be better. (if there is a mod conflict there may not be any changes for you)

The hero combat damage is based on creature numbers so it is inevitable that for some very weak creatures with high HP there are some overlaps (like zombies for example).

If you don't develop destruction skill it is not unrealistic your hero does more combat damage (In games like skyrim it also works like that).

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 03 Dec 2015, 10:28

MAJOR UPDATE V5.53 released!!!

Uninstall RC3, before installing RC4!

NEW FEATURES:

-Added new optional Governance feature, allows secondary heroes to gain experience and skills by governing towns.See Details

-Improved User Customization, Town Gate, Town Conversion and Governance can be switched on/off independantly and the
player can change the amount of allowed town and dwelling conversions.
How to do this?

-Improved Town Management ability and added detailed hero info screen + info to verify the chosen settings.

-Simplified Town Gate requirements because it was counter-intuitive that you already had the Town Management ability but still had to walk back to a town to be able to use it. Now it works very simple and balanced: You have to build up a network of Lvl 5 mage guilds, as you can only teleport to towns that have one. This means you will need more resources to build up all the guilds, but on the plus side you can even teleport lvl1 heroes.

-Supply Contract Feature, weekly resource buildings can be 'flagged' and no longer need to be visited every week, the system works slightly different from mines however because of modding limitations, the color and text will change to the owner, see screenshot:

-War Machine factories can supply a little bit of wood with this feature, because the uselessness of this building caused a balance issue with RMG maps.

-Improved Advanced RMG Starting Zone composition, special resource mines are not always so close to the town. (applies to maps generated with V1.31).

-Improved recruitment perk, now also boosts the effectiveness of legion regalia artifacts.
-Changed Mentoring: now teaches 10% + gives 2 knowledge. (The old setting overshadowed the new governance feature too much and became overpowered too soon, in very late game you can still abuse this function a lot however, that is unavoidable)

-Fixed Important issue: Some new feature were not working when a hero was garrisoned inside a town (turned out this issue was only 50% fixed in RC3, now it is 100% fixed)
-Fixed Pariah not available for Warlocks
Last edited by magnomagus on 15 Dec 2015, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Dec 2015, 13:10

Cool stuff, I should say. :tsup:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 16 Dec 2015, 11:56

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! RC5

Download MMH5.5 (RC5)

Because of the complexity of the new customizable town management skill, there were unfortunately some critical issues left in RC4a. Therefore a fast new release was required. If you are into this mod, RC5 is a MUST HAVE as it runs much more bugfree than any previous releases. If any LAN desync issues were caused by issues with lua tables in RAM, then those should be fixed in this release as well, but only time will tell as I have no way to verify it without the source code.

BUG FIXES

-Fixed Critical Issue, Stronghold was unable to use Town gate.
-Fixed Critical Issue, Governors were not resigned after dying.
-Fixed Critical Issue, Script engine crashing when game tries to show flying txt message (more than 100 instances!)
-Fixed Critical Issue, Script engine crashing when AI tries to convert town
-Fixed Critical Issue, Script engine crashing when overlord or warlock is in town garrison.
-Fixed Many possible causes of mod becoming dysfunctional in campaign and scenario missions.
-Fixed Summon elementals/reinforcements sometimes not working.
-Fixed Engineers unable to learn Absolute Protection.
-Fixed Ingame Manual Appendix showing outdated info.
-Fixed Ingame Manual and shatter descriptions showing wrong %.
-Fixed Town Conversion also converts shipyards, some special buildings (not all) and the tear of asha.
-Fixed Deleb & Ylaya have too much knowledge.
-Possibly fixed questionbox from AI player popping up in C1M5

BALANCE CHANGES

-AI players and battle sites are better adjusted to gameplay after month 8.
-Improved shatter skills, mastery levels are lowered according following pattern: 11110 - 22211 - 22222 (this actually brings them back to TOE strength since most high level spells in the game were buffed so that basic level is similar to what advanced level used to be)
-Armageddon loses much more damage if not cast on expert level (makes shatter destructive effective counter vs armageddon-kamikaze tactics)
-Pariah no longer has extra requirements, so now unusual occultism+summoning+dark build is more flexible.
-Vampirism Spell increase by 1% instead of 2% per SP (benefits magic heroes as 100% life drain was too easy to get)
-Regeneration Spell increase by 10% per SP instead of 5% (at expert level)
-Seraphs: +2 Defense, exchange righteous might for regeneration spell (Needed a boost, after Vengeance was nerfed, Zealots already had righteous might, now they can do a little bit of healing)
-Fortress T2 Dwelling Upg costs 10 wood instead of 10 Ore (fixes excessive ore requirement for Fortress)
-Corrected large amount of minor irregularities between creature power ratings and costs (too much to list)

NECROPOLIS

Necropolis was still too much overpowered to allow for competitive multiplayer, but there were also some things that needed to be boosted.

-Improved lord of undead: replace effect - the hero earns 0.5 gold for every skeleton in his army (you can always use the extra money for extra meat for the undead transformer)
-Improved amulet of necromancy: 20% cost discount instead of 10%
-Improved orson zombie specialty, it also gives a few zombies every week.

-Necromancy raise percentages: 10/15/20 (this is more of a correction than a nerf, it has almost no impact on balance)
-Base Dark Energy 150 instead of 200
-Amplifier +5% and +100 DE instead of +150 DE
-Grail Building 10% and +250 DE instead of +150 DE

-Revert buff to Vampire lords, instead nerf prince to their level (-1A, -1D), Vampire Lords are now unchanged from TOE and Vampire Princes are equal in strength.
-Spectral Dragons +10HP (Shadow Dragons were significantly better).

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 19 Dec 2015, 10:10

A hotfix was released because unfortunately this issue was still in the code:

RC5 -> RC5a
-Fixes critical issue crashing script engine when using heroes with specializations that affect the growth in Town Buildings.

You can use download link in previous post.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Feb 2016, 12:47

Will you please separate the Heroes VI and VII forum into two? It is insulting for one of those two games to be in the same ~folder with the other.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Feb 2016, 18:49

And what does 5.5 have to do with those two? :lol:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 11 Feb 2016, 22:29

parcaleste wrote:Will you please separate the Heroes VI and VII forum into two? It is insulting for one of those two games to be in the same ~folder with the other.
lol I agree, HV should have its own forum, not HVII. Merge VI with VII since they're the same crap and leave V alone.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 12 Feb 2016, 00:53

I mean it makes sense.

Heroes I-IV: NWC's masterpieces.

Heroes V: Ubisoft with Nival.

Heroes VI-VII: Might and Magic:Heroes crap.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”