How can demons reach the surface of Ashan?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sligneris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sligneris » 07 Mar 2015, 10:24

While Demons can't reproduce with the Elder Races (I suspect that many do copulate though...), the Elder Races themselves.... hmn.

It's certainly possible for Angels to be lovers of Humans, but whether this love will bear fruit isn't really known.

The only instance of such a halfling is half-elf, half-human from the description of one of the Heroes V maps, but the problem is that it was a multiplayer map, and these are hardly canon.

Personally, I think that it's not possible, given such an absence of halflings in the Ashan universe, besides one rather obscure reference, but I think that this is open for interpretation, unless I missed some sources.

aeroxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aeroxy » 07 Mar 2015, 13:38

Sligneris wrote:While Demons can't reproduce with the Elder Races (I suspect that many do copulate though...), the Elder Races themselves.... hmn.

It's certainly possible for Angels to be lovers of Humans, but whether this love will bear fruit isn't really known.

The only instance of such a halfling is half-elf, half-human from the description of one of the Heroes V maps, but the problem is that it was a multiplayer map, and these are hardly canon.

Personally, I think that it's not possible, given such an absence of halflings in the Ashan universe, besides one rather obscure reference, but I think that this is open for interpretation, unless I missed some sources.
Can human-turn-demons reproduce with human?

Sligneris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sligneris » 07 Mar 2015, 14:30

It's the same as for other Demons - they are essentially beings of Chaos now, and regular reproduction is a part of Asha's cycle of Life and Death, so it's impossible to happen. Well, of course, with exception for Isabel and the Demon Messiah that is.

aeroxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aeroxy » 07 Mar 2015, 14:32

Sligneris wrote:It's the same as for other Demons - they are essentially beings of Chaos now, and regular reproduction is a part of Asha's cycle of Life and Death, so it's impossible to happen. Well, of course, with exception for Isabel and the Demon Messiah that is.
Can they survive on the surface of Ashan?

Sligneris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sligneris » 07 Mar 2015, 23:40

I thought I already answered that question...?

After the eclipse is over, Demons need a source of magical power to survive on Ashan - most of such leftovers consume artifacts, although it's very hard to do so without being noticed.

Other ways include being summoned by a demon cultist - in such cases they draw power from a cultist who summoned them.

aeroxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aeroxy » 07 Mar 2015, 23:42

Sligneris wrote:I thought I already answered that question...?

After the eclipse is over, Demons need a source of magical power to survive on Ashan - most of such leftovers consume artifacts, although it's very hard to do so without being noticed.

Other ways include being summoned by a demon cultist - in such cases they draw power from a cultist who summoned them.
How did Agrael stays on surface for 20 years?

Sligneris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sligneris » 08 Mar 2015, 11:16

As far as I'm concerned, he was never a demon - he was a demon cultist posing as one to fellow demons. Very few knew of that, since it was mostly a secret between Kha-Beleth and Agrael.

The fact that Raelag was not fully a demon was exactly what made him such a great agent on the Griffin lands. His abilities as a Dark Elf allowed him to sneak around unnoticed, and the fact he was not a demon meant he could not be banished - which was the reason why the Heart of the Griffin didn't work on him.

aeroxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aeroxy » 08 Mar 2015, 11:59

Sligneris wrote:As far as I'm concerned, he was never a demon - he was a demon cultist posing as one to fellow demons. Very few knew of that, since it was mostly a secret between Kha-Beleth and Agrael.

The fact that Raelag was not fully a demon was exactly what made him such a great agent on the Griffin lands. His abilities as a Dark Elf allowed him to sneak around unnoticed, and the fact he was not a demon meant he could not be banished - which was the reason why the Heart of the Griffin didn't work on him.
Why did he need ritual to return to a dark elf?

If he dies while half demon, will he become an incubus?

Once he becomes an incubus can he still return to the surface?

How did people travel to Sheogh to begin with?

How come Kiril, Sarah, and Xena live on the surface after the return of invisible library? How come demons stayed in the invisible library when it was pull from Sheogh?
Last edited by aeroxy on 08 Mar 2015, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

Sligneris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sligneris » 08 Mar 2015, 12:46

Hmn, he was the Dark Elf the whole time, but as a cultist, I'd think he was tainted by the Chaos magic anyway. I'm pretty certain that if he died before Tieru's ritual, he'd respawn as full-fledged incubus... which would also allow Kha-Beleth to punish him for his betrayal.

People could enter Sheogh via portals, I think. I can't answer your questions about Invisible Library though, as I did not progress this far in the Heroes VI campaign. :) These are aspects that confuse me myself, and I'll give you answers if I know of any of that.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”