Heroes V Cheats

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 May 2006, 15:32

So you extracted it from data.pak... Now you have to make sure it's NOT read-only and edit to your heart's content. After that, open data.pak with whatever you used to extract. I used WinRar, so I'll talk about that: open data.pak, go the directory from where you got the XDB file, click Add, select the file and there you have it.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Trick#1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WHASSSSSSUUUPPPPP

Unread postby Trick#1 » 14 May 2006, 15:41

I found the data pak but i can't seem to find Agrael's file so I can change his army if someone could tell me where it is in the data pak i would greatly apreciate it :)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 May 2006, 15:49

The only one I found is in data.pak\Maps\Scenario\C1M5, but it's for the first scenario, the one with freeing Isabel. I don't know where Agrael's file for his scenario is.

I just found a new interesting thing: a way to change the starting bonus. With a little research to find the artifact IDs, things might get a bit more easy: data.pak\Campaigns\C1.xdb and C2.xdb.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 May 2006, 15:50

Isn't there a code wich removes the clothing of the female characters ?
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 14 May 2006, 15:58

uf eh huh Cheats=No fun,no drama when you enter an equal battle :D

Didn`t you see how AI is stupid in the demo,so you don`t even need cheats to finish the game :D
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

thomashamka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thomashamka » 14 May 2006, 16:00

i guess im too stupid (or my english skills sucks) cuz i still dont get it. well ill just play it as games should be played..

i mean i know how to add and other but i cant change it to the way i can write .. so i cant change the read only thing......

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 May 2006, 16:04

@Veldrynus
Probably not.

@RommeL_666
Ok, that's your opinion. But this way people can have an idea of how the other creatures are, for example.

@thomashamka
If you still want to edit the file but need a more detailed explanation, don't hesitate to ask. :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 May 2006, 16:10

Veldrynus wrote:Isn't there a code wich removes the clothing of the female characters ?
Why?You just have to choose dungeon as your faction to see nude females :devil:

thomashamka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thomashamka » 14 May 2006, 16:17

hmmm... let's see, i have extracted it already and when i open it with WinRAR i can't write there. well that's not suprise 'cuz it doesnt work to the real file either, so what do i have to do to after i extracted data.pak to somewhere?

note: Explain it like you were explaining it to stupid people..

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 May 2006, 16:31

All right then.

First, you don't need to extract everything from data.pak. Just extract the file you want to modify, the one that contains the code you posted a bit earlier. Simply select the file in WinRar and choose 'extract'.

After you have extracted it somewhere, right click on that file, select Properties and un-check the Read Only square. Before this, you should also make a backup copy of the file and put it somewhere safe (in another directory for example).

Open the file with Notepad or Wordpad. Find the code you wish to modify.
You have, for example:
<Item>
<Creature>CREATURE_SWORDSMAN</Creature>
<Count>39</Count>
</Item>
Let's you want to change this to 17 Archangels. You have to edit like this:
<Item>
<Creature>CREATURE_ARCHANGEL</Creature>
<Count>17</Count>
</Item>
Now save the file.

Open the data.pak file with WinRar again. Go to the folder from where you got the initial file. Click the 'add' button. You are taken to a window full of various options and a browse window instantly appears for you to select the file you want to add. Select the file you just edited. Click ok. You are taken back to the Archive parameters window. Here, make sure the 'update mode' is set to 'Add and replace files'; everything else remains unchanged. Click ok and have patience, it takes a while to update such a large file.

After all this is finished, you can start the game. If it crashes when the scenario is loading, then something is wrong.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 May 2006, 16:54

The only good use for cheats is if you are developing a map and need to continually test and retest it. If H-V ever releases a good campaign editor then a list of cheat codes as is available for H-IV will be a good thing to have, but for playing the game itself I would not use them.
DaemianLucifer wrote:
Veldrynus wrote:Isn't there a code wich removes the clothing of the female characters ?
Why?You just have to choose dungeon as your faction to see nude females :devil:
Ok and that would be a bad thing :x
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 May 2006, 16:57

I think I read somewhere that that's the purpose for which they were actually invented.

thomashamka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thomashamka » 14 May 2006, 16:59

thank you, i got it now.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”