Heroes V Cheats

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Maquiladoras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Cheats

Unread postby Maquiladoras » 24 Apr 2006, 18:55

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the board and I know a few people have been wondering about cheats and such, just more out of interest i think, and for those who are genuinely stuck.

Anyway, I just thought i'd let you know that if you open up

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V\Demo\data

in there is a file called data.pak (about 500mb)
if you open this up in WinRAR or whatever your favourite compressed file editor is, you can view all the files contained in there (pretty much like the Quake series did)

If you then go to Maps\Scenario\C1M5 and extract Godric.xdb and Isabell.xdb, you can then edit them, save them and then drag them back into the pak file.

So for instance in Godric.xdb i was able to give him a stupidly big army

Code: Select all

<armySlots>
 <Item>
  <Creature>CREATURE_MARKSMAN</Creature>
  <Count>500</Count>
 </Item>
 <Item>
  <Creature>CREATURE_SWORDSMAN</Creature>
  <Count>500</Count>
  </Item>
  <Item>
  <Creature>CREATURE_ROYAL_GRIFFIN</Creature>
   <Count>1000</Count>
  </Item>
  <Item>
  <Creature>CREATURE_CAVALIER</Creature>
   <Count>1000</Count>
  </Item>

If you get the name wrong however, the game will crash
also if you go to Campaigns\c1.xdb you can change things about the beginning bonus, changing the 1500 bonus to whatever amount you'd like.

For those who wanted cheats I hope it helps.
For those who hate cheats and think people who cheat are lamers i hope it doesn't offend you too much :)

have a good one!

-Alex

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Apr 2006, 19:03

Im sure thats great, but cheating is boooooooooooooooring!! All the challenge is gone and challenges is what makes games funny to play.

Oh and welcome to the forums :-D enjoy your stay ;)

Maquiladoras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Maquiladoras » 24 Apr 2006, 19:08

Boring to some i suppose
but the fact is if someones getting frustrated or just not very good, shouldn't they be allowed to have some fun with it too? or those who dont have the time to spend on it?

and thanks for the welcome, to be honest i haven't really gotten in to HoMM, i was a kings bounty freak on the Genesis/Megadrive and HoMM just seemed to much of a departure but V has really caught my attention, i love it :)

and btw, i completed the campaigns before i looked for a cheat so ner :p

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 24 Apr 2006, 19:22

Maquiladoras wrote:Boring to some i suppose
but the fact is if someones getting frustrated or just not very good, shouldn't they be allowed to have some fun with it too? or those who dont have the time to spend on it?
Allow me to welcome you, Maquiladoras. Everyone should be able to enjoy the game even if they aren't such masterful players as Orfinn. :-D

I'm hoping that there will be cheat codes available like in the other Heroes games. Can't tell you how many times Archangles and/or Black Dragons saved my … errr … Hero from certain elimination from the game.

Anyhow, thanks for the information. I haven't played the demo but I will be playing the game; and if it's as hard & frustrating as I've heard the demo is, I'll unashamedly be looking for a little help from my "friends" too. :proud:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Apr 2006, 19:33

Actually, I didn't find the demo too terrible- you're probably going to have to reload on some maps, but that's more due to them being badly designed in terms of which way you should go instead of being very hard. Though I've played the game before I tried the demo maps, of course...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Apr 2006, 19:40

Nival has put a lot of effort in creating a game that should be exciting and only just possible to win - and you want to take away the fun by designing a situation in which you cannot lose? :disagree:

Oh, well, to each his own.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Maquiladoras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Maquiladoras » 24 Apr 2006, 19:46

well again the game is making it accessible to everyone and not just a select few who have the skills necessary to *just* about win the game.

After all thats what difficulty levels are for, and i'm sure they will give the regular typing in cheats, sometimes cheats give a far better replayability to a game, and so yeah i would agree with you to each his own, but i don't think its any reason to look down on anyone.

If it was a multiplayer game that someone was cheating then yes i would agree, that is horrible and unfair, but on a single player, let people find their own enjoyment where they want

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Apr 2006, 20:11

Actualy once you realise what ur supposed to do the game seems pretty easy.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 24 Apr 2006, 20:28

Kalah wrote:Nival has put a lot of effort in creating a game that should be exciting and only just possible to win - and you want to take away the fun by designing a situation in which you cannot lose? :disagree:

Oh, well, to each his own.
The only good reason to play the game is to enjoy yourself, and the only person who should decide how to do that is you … yourself! No one else has the right to tell anyone else how to enjoy their game.

For instance, in single-player, each person has to decide for themselves how to get the most fun from the game. The only rule is that that you don't harm anyone else (which in single-player there isn't anyone else to harm). In multi-player, all contestants should agree to the rules beforehand, whatever they are. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Apr 2006, 20:30

Wellcome Maquiladoras!

Many people are mistaken that a game should be for everybody.Thats not true.Thats why HV gets dumber and dumber with each new release.Instead,it should be that everybody has a game he can enjoy.Cheating simply takes the fun out of the game.Sure,it enables you to efortlessly view the story.But why not just read the story extracted in a form of a simple text?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Apr 2006, 21:41

I always hate reading the story in text from some site, as when I actualy play the game there's always something diferent, even if only in intention. There's no substitute for getting the story first hand.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Maquiladoras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Maquiladoras » 24 Apr 2006, 22:03

DaemianLucifer wrote: Many people are mistaken that a game should be for everybody.Thats not true.Thats why HV gets dumber and dumber with each new release.
I dont think HoMMV is dumb at all, and to be honest, from Nivals point of view I think they will do whatever they can so everyone can find it enjoyable.

I mean seriously, how one person chooses to play the game doesn't affect you in the slightest, and vice versa, if you don't like the cheats, don't use them.

But again from Nivals point of view, they want to sell as many games to as many people as possible and this doesn't come about by making a game that just gets increasingly harder as the series goes on so it can cater to some super intelligent elitist gamers.

The single act of exclusion i think is unfair to those gamers who want to play the game throughout but just don't have the skill too, and i'm sure it really is easy for all you guys but thats not the majority, and i think its unfair to say that they shouldn't be catered for either.

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 24 Apr 2006, 22:26

A good game is one that challenges as broad a spectrum of players as possible. The pure challenge is not why many people play the game and not where all the enjoyment comes from.

From my experience of HoMM5 so far in the demo - replaying the same level some 5 times just to get past one hurdle? Not THAT much enjoyment.

In that way a perfect game (or one looking for perfection) should be accessible to everyone, without having to 'dumb-down'.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Apr 2006, 23:17

Maquiladoras wrote:I dont think HoMMV is dumb at all, and to be honest, from Nivals point of view I think they will do whatever they can so everyone can find it enjoyable.
No,they will do anything so they can get the most profit out of it.Niot dumb?Ok,chaining,weekly growth,exactly one upgrade,and no FoW.Those are just a few examples of dumbening the game down.
Maquiladoras wrote: I mean seriously, how one person chooses to play the game doesn't affect you in the slightest, and vice versa, if you don't like the cheats, don't use them.
Well it does affect me.The majority didnt like heroes on battlefield.So what happened?Heroes are again gods.Well at least they are limited a bit this time.So their choice affected me a lot.
Maquiladoras wrote: But again from Nivals point of view, they want to sell as many games to as many people as possible and this doesn't come about by making a game that just gets increasingly harder as the series goes on so it can cater to some super intelligent elitist gamers.
Again I must say civilization.It is harder with every sequel,yet cIV is so easy to learn and play from scratch.
Maquiladoras wrote: The single act of exclusion i think is unfair to those gamers who want to play the game throughout but just don't have the skill too, and i'm sure it really is easy for all you guys but thats not the majority, and i think its unfair to say that they shouldn't be catered for either.
Thats why there are difficulty levels.You can always set it on easy.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 Apr 2006, 03:18

DaemianLucifer wrote:Wellcome Maquiladoras!
But why not just read the story extracted in a form of a simple text?
Because then you don't get dramatic background music. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 Apr 2006, 03:21

DaemianLucifer wrote: Again I must say civilization.It is harder with every sequel,yet cIV is so easy to learn and play from scratch.
You must be joking; Civ IV is so much easier than CIV III it's like playing a completely different game. What I respect most about the design in Civ IV is that they took a look at the design elements that mostly just pissed people off (riots, pollution, and AI crossing through your territory) and redid them so that they could have a similar effect without bothering people who did not want to be bothered by them.

To get back to the original point of the thread -- is there then any way to edit the non-campaign map to enable the Tavern in the Inferno? I'd like to try the map with a different hero, just to see how their specialties compare.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Apr 2006, 04:38

Bandobras Took wrote:You must be joking; Civ IV is so much easier than CIV III it's like playing a completely different game. What I respect most about the design in Civ IV is that they took a look at the design elements that mostly just pissed people off (riots, pollution, and AI crossing through your territory) and redid them so that they could have a similar effect without bothering people who did not want to be bothered by them.
Ok,I used the wrong wording here.It is much easier to play,but it is far more complex.Religions,for example,add a completely new level to the game.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 26 Apr 2006, 04:34

And, on the other hand, a little tinkering has allowed my to play as the Haven on the Stand-alone map. :)

Edit: And with a little more tinkering, enabled the taverns in both towns. Now all I need to do is figure out how to allow the taverns to hire heroes.

xerobull
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xerobull » 26 Apr 2006, 13:31

Bandobras Took wrote:And, on the other hand, a little tinkering has allowed my to play as the Haven on the Stand-alone map. :)

Edit: And with a little more tinkering, enabled the taverns in both towns. Now all I need to do is figure out how to allow the taverns to hire heroes.
Bandobras, that's fantastic- can you post the details?

Maquiladoras, thanks for the hack. It extends the life of the demo a little, especially with the above info! I can't wait to try it.

I opened the file last night, but was dissapointed to see that the Haven map was the only one with definable heroes. I was hoping to max out the Inferno hero in the second map so I could explore the map completely without fear of Godric coming up and wacking me. Anyone had any success with modding the second map?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 26 Apr 2006, 13:49

The Falcon's Reach map is in the maps -- look around for the SS2 xml file. It's pretty big, but near the bottom you'll find a list of players; the two active players for the map will be at the top of the list. Simply set "Can be human" and "Can be computer" to "true" for each.

To enable buildings, you'll look in the same file. I can't remember the search term I used; but I found it a little below where you change human/computer playability. AdvMap something or other. You'll want to search through the file until you find the place where the starting towns are defined, and scrolling down a little bit will bring the list of buildings and what their current upgrade level is and what their max level is. Change the max upgrade level on the tavern from MAX_UPGRADE_NONE to MAX_UPGRADE_1.

Edit:
AdvMapTown will show you to the towns in the game.

Other notes:
AdvMapAbanMine has a list of allowed resources under it. It's currently set to only gold (last possible one) and the one immediately above it is gems (tested). One of the others has to be Mercury . . . :)

There's a spot at the very bottom of the SS2 file called "Allowed Heroes" or some such. Since there are currently only two heroes allowed on the map, you can copy and paste those and simply change the path/name to enable any of the heroes listed in the other parts of the data pak. Just make sure the path is correct. I can already see that I'm going to just love Erasial. :)

Make sure to enable a Starting Hero in the ActivePlayer profile, so that you can choose one to start with.

And on a side note, can the name of this thread be changed to map editing 101 or some such? This is really about how to modify maps, not how to cheat per se.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”