Does Anyone Miss the Creature Selector from the Beta?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Does Anyone Miss the Creature Selector from the Beta?

Unread postby Sir Alock » 24 Apr 2006, 04:53

Guys...I've been playing the demo since the day it came out & I just remembered that the Creatute/Unit selector within the Castles are different then the beta.

Remember playing the Beta...When you went to hire units you could see every creature on one platform. I was kind of cool looking. I wonder why Nival decided to change it? No biggie....Just thought it was cool looking when you could see each unit standing next to one another.

Alex

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 24 Apr 2006, 10:50

True, I miss the classic view on all units, just like it was in Heroes 3 and similar in Heroes 5 beta.
Well, maybe, just maybe we get it back in final version, though all hopes are very little :tired:

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 24 Apr 2006, 11:42

Hmmm, and I like the current interface much more...
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 24 Apr 2006, 13:27

The worst thing about the current (demo) interface is that you cannot see unbuilt/unupgraded dwellings/stats. Very annoying, because you have to either memorize all creatures/stats or go back to the manual (if there will be one). Plus, it's very much dull in the demo...

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Yes...

Unread postby omegaweix » 25 Apr 2006, 08:40

... I do!
Don't understand exactly why the new hiring interface appealed better to Nival.... but well... i guess i'll survive it!
But on the other hand the building interface was very much improved, thanks to that!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 25 Apr 2006, 11:38

I for one think the one in the demo is ok. Shows the available creatures in an orderly manner. Perhaps add a way to see the stats of unbuilt creatures\upgrades. But that goes for many many areas of the game, that ingame info is lacking\nonexsistant.

What I don't like about the creature-hireing screen, and it also goes for purchasing buildings, is that you have to always click on those buttons in the bottomright corner to buy stuff and adjust numbers. Better if that was integrated into the actual list, or via a popup window when clicking on desired creatures.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Apr 2006, 14:32

A double click with a popup would be very nice.The beta selector was nice,but it is just eye candy.So either way its fine for me.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Apr 2006, 16:18

Well, if you double-click on a creature, you'll buy the maximum amount that you can afford. Perhaps not a perfect solution, but it's quite OK in most situations.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2006, 16:50

They should just have the creatures you can't buy greyed out, so you can see their stats anyway. Don't much mind about the buildings though.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ciptheelf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ciptheelf » 25 Apr 2006, 17:56

It was nice to see all creature in one screen. Now we see each creature in details and I like it better this way. Anyway, better than H3 and H4.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 25 Apr 2006, 19:16

For me the best system was the H2/H3 one (ah the good ol well in H2). But I like this one more then the beta one since the background kind of only fit the haven faction and was pretty dumb for, say, sylvan.

Blue_Camel
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Blue_Camel » 25 Apr 2006, 21:07

i kinda like the mystery that comes with not being able to see the creatures that you can't buy yet..

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2006, 21:12

Blue_Camel wrote:i kinda like the mystery that comes with not being able to see the creatures that you can't buy yet..
And that's gonna last what, the first 3-4 times you play with one town. Not really worth it in the long run.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Blue_Camel
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Blue_Camel » 25 Apr 2006, 21:17

true

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 07 May 2006, 03:31

Maybe they're going to patch it with the first patch, and leave it for a mystery effect for the first 3-4 times you play with each town? ;)
~ Rapier.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 07 May 2006, 08:31

I think there should simply be a free camera, which would allow you to zoom in and out on units while on the battlefield, in addition to the 180 degree camera. It should be optional, so you could turn it off though...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 May 2006, 09:19

dragonn wrote:I think there should simply be a free camera, which would allow you to zoom in and out on units while on the battlefield, in addition to the 180 degree camera. It should be optional, so you could turn it off though...
Well you already can do that in the demo.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 07 May 2006, 09:39

DaemianLucifer wrote:
dragonn wrote:I think there should simply be a free camera, which would allow you to zoom in and out on units while on the battlefield, in addition to the 180 degree camera. It should be optional, so you could turn it off though...
Well you already can do that in the demo.
What zoom in and out freely or switching off the 180 degree camera option? I don't know which one you mean...

By a free camera I don't mean the one which is already in the game, but a camera that let's you focus on any place of the battlefield, not only around the central point of the battlefield.
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 May 2006, 09:49

dragonn wrote:By a free camera I don't mean the one which is already in the game, but a camera that let's you focus on any place of the battlefield, not only around the central point of the battlefield.
Well you can move it around,its not fixed.I think you need to press middle button to do this.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 May 2006, 12:09

DaemianLucifer wrote: Well you can move it around,its not fixed.I think you need to press middle button to do this.
He already knows that. He doesn't like that you can only 180 with it.

@dragonn:

If you zoom in you can then move the camera around the BF with no fixed point.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”