Was I supposed to build up my minor heroes?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wahooka
Peasant
Peasant

Was I supposed to build up my minor heroes?

Unread postby Wahooka » 03 Aug 2013, 00:38

I'm on the second scenario, where I control Azrael.

I used him by himself for the first few missions, not bothering to hire any other additional heroes.

I now realize that MAYBE I was supposed to hire some heroes, and get them to a higher level,..

Because I'm now getting my butt totally kicked with only Azrael and nobody else.

Was I supposed to hire other heroes as part of the way to solve this game?

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 03 Aug 2013, 10:32

If you'll kook far enough back in the Articles thread , there's a lot of discussion of various H5 campaign segments. like The Ship. I never did campaigns after H3 so I can't help. fyi, at CH, often the first post in a thread will take to the original walk-thru etc.

This is linked on The Ship
https://www.celestialheavens.com/539

Wahooka
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Wahooka » 04 Aug 2013, 15:10

I have a thing against walkthroughs, I'm just trying to solve The Ship the best I can.

I will never give up!!!!

Right now, I've tried a very efficient strategy of using all my elf armies at the beginning to take over as much as possible, before I resort to using the inferno creatures.

The only problem is that my elf forces are now depleted, and if one of the Elf heroes tracks me down and finds me, I will lose.

Still, I don't see any other way of doing this..

TheMeInTeam
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheMeInTeam » 06 Aug 2013, 13:07

Elf troops only desert from Agrael. Just buy another hero ASAP and dump the stack on that hero at the end of each turn so you don't lose them.

Once you've built up the inferno town you can just use those troops, but the map is effectively won if you take the first 3 elf towns anyway since your objective will never move. IMO rush out 2 elf towns --> inferno --> 3rd elf town (with good micro and a decent hero built up this is actually easy even on heroic) and then build up inferno + all mage guilds. With good magic and either light (deflect missile + resurrect) or dark (puppet master/confusion/blind) expertise mission 5 is easy. IMO Agrael is actually best with light magic in this campaign since you get 6 elf towns to build and only 1 inferno town that lets you build a maxed out mage guild, but dark is fine.

You don't need to build up a minor hero. If you want to use elf troops to end the mission, just keep them on a secondary hero, then give them to Agrael for fights before putting them back on the minor hero again. That's too much effort for me so I just used inferno troops, but you could get GOBS of elf units if you did that.

Wahooka
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Wahooka » 11 Aug 2013, 15:08

Yes, true.

I finally solved The Ship... see my other thread for details.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”