Can't install Might and Magic Heroes 6

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Can't install Might and Magic Heroes 6

Unread postby Banedon » 02 Jun 2013, 01:11

I formatted my computer a while ago and am now trying to reinstall MMH6. I reinstalled several of my other games based on the cloud, so I'm trying to do the same with MMH6.

Am I right to guess that the way to do this is via Uplay? I installed that, but it won't let me download MMH6, it only lets me download MMH6 - Shades of Darkness (which I didn't purchase). Furthermore the download keeps screwing up and I get the message "CRC error: The file ________Data18.orc doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium you're running the setup from may be corrupted; contact your setup vendor."

It gives me three options to abort, retry or ignore. Retrying does nothing, ignoring results in the game "installing" but not booting up, and aborting tells Uplay the game failed to install. Uplay then lets me "verify" the files, and then it tells me that some files are corrupted / missing, and then it goes about redownloading them - except even after repairing the files it returns the same error.

Do I have to use the disk to reinstall? I haven't lost the disk, it's just not on hand.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 02 Jun 2013, 07:45

For the Shades of Darkness thing, since patch 2.1 the base game is now called Shades of Darkness as well for who knows what reason. Even if you have only the base game installed, you still get all the loading screens etc from SoD. You still have only the base game playable.

I'm pretty sure I got the same error message when I installed the patch, at least some problem with the same file, but after I stopped the installation and restarted it, it worked just fine. Maybe you really should try using the disk.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 16 Jun 2013, 13:45

OK so I got my disc, and now the game installs but refuses to update, says something like "gu.exe requested runtime to terminate" 8|
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Jun 2013, 10:00

Try to reinstall Ubisoft Launcher - I had an issue with that and reinstall worked... but later UPlay was down so I couldn't play anyway (as it's needed to first time game start). :P

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 18 Jun 2013, 19:52

Banedon wrote:OK so I got my disc, and now the game installs but refuses to update, says something like "gu.exe requested runtime to terminate" 8|
1) What Windows OS do you use?
2) Since several patches ago, you can now re-download Heroes VI installer just fine, no need to look for your disk.
May the Implosion be with you!

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 22 Jun 2013, 04:51

I'm using Windows 7 Home edition.

And @_@ it worked even though I didn't do anything, I just decided to try updating the game again one day and it just worked. Makes no sense.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”