Comprehensive Heroes of Might and Magic Survey

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
bahaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Comprehensive Heroes of Might and Magic Survey

Unread postby bahaa » 22 May 2013, 15:53

Can you please fill out this Heroes of Might and Magic Survey that I have prepared?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NCDWKC8

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 May 2013, 16:37

Done.

But ...
9. Do you wish the game would be in 2D (like Heroes 3), or 3D (Heroes 5 and 6)?
- 2D (personal feel of being close to the monsters just like in Heroes 3)
- 3D (real feel, but less personal connection with the monsters)
- 2D, with 3D cut-scenes (as in Street Fighter 4 and Worms Revolution)
... I'd like to see a more H4-like approach, almost like they do in Heroes Online, with simpler graphics on the adventure map.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

bahaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bahaa » 22 May 2013, 17:33

I believe that was called isometric 3D if I am not mistaken.

I could add it to the poll as an option for that question and you can then change your answer.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 May 2013, 19:11

Good questions. ;)

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 22 May 2013, 19:45

Done. Heroes 1-3 were set on a planet named Enroth, not Erathia.

bahaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bahaa » 22 May 2013, 22:28

Yes I was made aware of the Enroth vs Erathia issue. Sorry about that, I cannot change answers that people have already seen. I can only add new answers.

bahaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bahaa » 23 May 2013, 18:41

Any idea on how we can get more people to participate? Can you guys help me share this survey?

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 04 Jun 2013, 18:18

Maybe you could post the survey at the official site if you haven't already done that. Are you planning on making the results public? I'm curious what other people thought.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Comprehensive Heroes of Might and Magic Survey

Unread postby Dalai » 07 Jun 2013, 09:56

bahaa wrote:Can you please fill out this Heroes of Might and Magic Survey that I have prepared?
Done. Please post the resulting dataset after it's finished.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

bahaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bahaa » 20 Jun 2013, 20:53

Hi

I do not have as much votes as I want to now and to be honest I haven't been keeping the survey threads on various forums (including Ubi) alive, but because the survey has unlimited expiry and only ends once I decide to end it, I am not in a real hurry. I will be posting in the survey threads every now and then to make them resurface and gain exposure to more community members.

There's one problem though. Because the survey voters have exceeded 100, surveymonkey is asking for around $20 a month to allow me to see the results for all voters (right now I can only see 100). I do not want to pay that before the survey closes, so I guess I'll wait till the survey has enough votes and then buy the premium membership on surveymonkey for 1 month, which will allow me to publish the results.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Jun 2013, 23:30

Although it's a great survey, I'm not sure it's a good idea to pay to get the results. Aside from satisfying curiosity, what purpose/effect do you think it would have that would warrant the cost?

bahaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bahaa » 21 Jun 2013, 07:08

Just think about it, just $20 for collecting all results, I think it's worth it because it's the collective effort of the community who participated in the poll. It would be unfair not to do so. I know that I shouldn't be paying this from my pocket, but I guess Heroes of Might and Magic does owe us and that's the least I could do. Not for Ubisoft, for Heroes.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 21 Jun 2013, 10:15

bahaa wrote:Any idea on how we can get more people to participate? Can you guys help me share this survey?
Besides posting here (CH), did you try HC (HeroesCommunity)? That forum is much more active than this one.
May the Implosion be with you!

bahaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bahaa » 21 Jun 2013, 23:51

Yes I've already posted it on Heroes Community and the Ubisoft forums. It's just sad that Heroes forums do not reflect the size of the game's fanbase. There are way more Heroes players and fans than what's reflected by those forums. This series deserves way better.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Jun 2013, 00:27

Hopefully, the games will improve on the involvement of the fans in the future, thus boosting the traffic to all fan forums.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 01 Jul 2013, 17:39

I did the survey, but it's not as if Ubisoft cares even if 10000 people filled out that survey.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 02 Jul 2013, 11:27

cjlee wrote:I did the survey, but it's not as if Ubisoft cares even if 10000 people filled out that survey.
Of course it doesn't. They have the top 1% of game designers with stats from "80" to "maxed out". Why should they care about ... how do you call it?... "fans"? :|
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

morgasshk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby morgasshk » 06 Aug 2013, 06:29

Nice survey :)

We use Surveymonkey a lot for work, great to do things like this.

Would be great to see some of the results, pain they are asking you to pay for it :S But hey, it is a business I guess!

To be honest, I was surprised how many things I selected that were similar or close to HOMM5. It was a very easy to play game, coming from 5+ years on HOMMIII and never touching HOMMIV.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”