How to defeat Bosses? SoD and Dance Macabre

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

How to defeat Bosses? SoD and Dance Macabre

Unread postby mordredrs » 10 May 2013, 14:25

Hi there!

I'm stuck in boss fights. So i came to ask some help from more experienced players:

I've no idea in how could i defeat the crazy kirin (SoD) or the dragon in Dance Macabre.

I've gathered a very large army, but everytime i come to this bosses the AI generates a random (and small) army to fight against them. Is this correct?
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 10 May 2013, 22:56

You probably upped the wrong skills. That kirin was incredibly easy. It also helps to get all the power-ups available.

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 11 May 2013, 02:46

Thanks!

But is it normal AI giving me a new army (smaller than mine) to fight the bosses?
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 11 May 2013, 05:42

mordredrs wrote:Thanks!

But is it normal AI giving me a new army (smaller than mine) to fight the bosses?
Yes

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 11 May 2013, 06:52

For the bone dragon, you need to kill the liches first, it makes it much easier. It's not that hard.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 11 May 2013, 06:54

There's one thing that makes those battles a lot harder on many people and it's not reading the boss' skill descriptions as soon as possible.

The Dance Macabre dragon gets healed every turn by those liches around him. Getting healed for a certain amount of hitpoints will give him a permanent buff that stacks six times or so. Simply take out the liches during the first two or three turns (if it takes any longer your skills are really bad) and done, right?

This is where people usually miss some critical information: the dragon can cast a debuff on your troops that will make them heal him for 4 turns. So, pay attention to who gets hit with this debuff and don't let them attack.

As for the kirin, it will summon a tsunami on the second turn. At the end of the second turn, the tsunami will hit and stun every troop for massive damage, unless they happen to stand between the four columns. For big creatures, only one square needs to be covered. If you can get all your troops there, you won't take any damage. The kirin's freezing attack can also hit troops behind the attacked unit, so keep your shooters safe.

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 11 May 2013, 17:06

Thanks a lot guys!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”