Campaigning: Anastasya

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Campaigning: Anastasya

Unread postby Ribannah » 18 Apr 2013, 12:53

Apart from a few testruns I'm new to Heroes6.

I am nonetheless trying to do a speed run with Anastasya's campaign, difficulty level 'hard'. :)

For the initial bonus we choose the Tarot Deck. Its effect is cumulative with duplicates. As a consequence, we start with no resources and a mere 2000 Gold. Because of the difficulty level, we get only 35 Ghouls.

In the Wake of Adversity

This is where the first campaign begins. Anastasya is the one with the green flag. She will be at the center of most screenshots. The other character is Sveltana, her great aunt.

Sveltana says we should reach the surface. Also, at some point in the (distant?) future there is a choice to make between 'blood' and 'tears'.

First order of business is to capture and convert the local town before the second week begins. Haven units are no good to us because they can't be resurrected. Of course this means an immediate need for speed.

As the level 1 ability we pick Enlightenment (20% learning bonus). This allows us to quickly acquire all the necessary movement abilities.

Wish me luck! :wave:

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

January 1

Unread postby Ribannah » 19 Apr 2013, 18:27

January 1 = Week of the Toad
Anastasya = level 1, 35 Ghoul
Wood = 0
Ore = 0
Crystal = 0
Gold = 2000

Week of the Toad means that nothing special is happening.

Besides the Tarot Deck, our hero Anastasya has an item called 'Pretty Comb'. I'm sure it'll prove useful somehow. :creative:

The nearby chest gives 1200 experience points, that is 1000 plus the enlightenment effect of 20%. Until the lady reaches level 5, we will consistently choose experience over gold.

Actually, it is possible to get better results by save & reload, but we're not going to do that and will take all treasure as it comes.

The Ghouls that stand in our path are willing to join up, who could wish for a better start! (Accepting their - programmed - offer gives Tears points, by the way.)

So far the only path keeps going west. We're now getting at some kind of obelisk but can't quite reach it yet.

Sveltana is not in this picture but somehow she nonetheless manages to initiate dialogues with Anastasya at her convenience.

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

January 2

Unread postby Ribannah » 20 Apr 2013, 19:06

January 2
Anastasya = level 1, 43 Ghoul
Wood = 0
Ore = 0
Crystal = 0
Gold = 2000

Ah, so those were enemies standing in front of the stone. Fortunately, we were with more, and those Sentinels didn't put up much of a fight.

It is a Stone of Enlightenment and touching it grants Anastasya 3000 experience points. That is the ordinary 2500 XP plus again her 20% bonus.

Early on this helps a lot, our girl immediately grows to level 2 and we pick Pathfinding as her new ability. It reduces the penalty for walking in the rough.

There is also a piece of Ore, our very first resource apart from the 2000 Gold that we started out with. More lucrative treasure is visible ahead but first some Skeletons appear eager to come along. They have a ranged attack which makes them extremely useful.

The neutrals guarding that chest are a bit tougher but so are we and they bite the dust. The Necromancer trait of resurrection during battle is nice to have. We win without casualty. Anastasya is level 3 already and picking Logistics gives er a few extra steps. The treasure consists of 1800 XP (chest), 400 Gold and an Amulet of Health. :)

The underground corridor continues southwest.

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

January 3

Unread postby Ribannah » 23 Apr 2013, 18:21

January 3
Anastasya = level 3, 43 Ghoul, 13 Skeleton
Wood = 0
Ore = 1
Crystal = 0
Gold = 2400

We find a Crystal, and at the campfire 500 Gold and 3 Ore.

More Skeletons are willing to join the party, we are quickly becoming an unstoppable force! :D

Then another Ore on the ground. Doing good with the ore, wood may become a concern. Perhaps once we get to the surface. We are at the end of the corridor and there is a spiral staircase going up!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 24 Apr 2013, 07:47

Hilarious! I am waiting with growing impatience for the conclusion of this epic quest. :D

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 24 Apr 2013, 09:02

parcaleste wrote:Hilarious! I am waiting with growing impatience for the conclusion of this epic quest. :D
Isn't this why we love Heroes VI so much?

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 26 Apr 2013, 09:36

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

The patch notes for the upcoming patch say that currently the Pathfinding ability doesn't work.

I'll start again when the 2.1 patch arrives... :hanged:

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 27 Apr 2013, 01:41

Have you found the entrance to Vori in Anastasia's campaign?

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 28 Apr 2013, 00:39

I'm assuming it's where Zoop is guarding the Wooden Flute. :)

ywhtptgtfo1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo1 » 28 Apr 2013, 01:42

So what made you venture out of TELP?

Edit: This is a delegate account because I lost access to my original.

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 28 Apr 2013, 12:11

There are more worlds in need of liberation! Ashan cried out, the White Goblin accessed the Wire.

ywhtptgtfo1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo1 » 28 Apr 2013, 15:35

Are you excited about MM 10?

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 28 Apr 2013, 20:03

I have inside info, so I won't comment. ;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”