Don't understand upgrading

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wahooka
Peasant
Peasant

Don't understand upgrading

Unread postby Wahooka » 22 Mar 2013, 15:29

I don't understand what Advanced Counterstrike and similar abilities are doing as far as upgrades.

Can't you already upgrade an Archer to a Marksman, for instance, without that skill?

I thought you just needed to build the right building to upgrade creatures, not a skill.

Also, I don't see anywhere on any site where Counterstrike is even listed as a skill or ability, why is that?

If it is possible that you can create a peasant into something higher, like a priest, I don't see how you would do that... is that something you can only do weekly from the town screen, what would I click?

Can someone explain?

thanx

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 22 Mar 2013, 20:11

Look here or there.

Wahooka
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Wahooka » 22 Mar 2013, 21:21

Thanks, but the first link has nothing about advanced counterstrike, or how units are upgraded.

The second link explains about training costs, but still doesn't say how you make a peasant into a cavalier, etc..

Right now, all I can do is train an archer into a marksman, and thats because I built the correct building, not because of any skill I have.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 22 Mar 2013, 21:50

If you follow the second link, you will an icon in first paragraph. There should be one in your town, too. Click it. It's in the bottom left corner, but is greyed out until you've built Training Grounds in town and you have a hero with Counterstrike in town. That's the only place where you can train troops (Peasants to Archers, Archers to Squires, Squires to Priests and Priests to Cavaliers).

Wahooka
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Wahooka » 24 Mar 2013, 03:38

Aha! So you have to be IN the town to upgrade the creatures. It certainly doesn't say that anywhere in the instructions.

Thanks for the help, but actually I'm still having problems! :)

I had a hero in the town of Ashwood and he had Basic Counterstrike and I had built a Hall of Heroes and a Training Ground, and it STILL wouldn't let me train a peasant into a footman, etc...

It said I didn't have the right building or ability.

Now I'm wondering if basic counterstrike is not enough, do I need another ability to go with it?

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 24 Mar 2013, 10:36

You also need the unit dwelling of the unit you're upgrading to.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Wahooka
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Wahooka » 24 Mar 2013, 19:42

wimfrits wrote:You also need the unit dwelling of the unit you're upgrading to.
I thought I had all appropriate dwellings,...

Does a peasant need to become a conscript before it can be upgraded to another tier?

Does an archer need to be a marksman before it can go up the tier?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 25 Mar 2013, 02:58

If I remember right, yes.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 Mar 2013, 15:03

Arret wrote:If I remember right, yes.
No :D
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?