Getting frustrated. Need help.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Angelus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Getting frustrated. Need help.

Unread postby Angelus » 10 Feb 2013, 19:17

I'm playing Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East on the One Khan, One Clan mission and that damn teal character destroys me every time. I can't beat him and its frustrating 'cause he's the first damn enemy you come across (that you have to fight).

Pointers? I've gone through the walkthrough but it didn't help me.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 10 Feb 2013, 21:01

The problem with Teal is that they blatantly cheat, by spawning heroes out of nowhere every other week practically, with more men then 1 town could possibly have built in that time period.

Unfortunately, the only ways to beat this are either

1) Lower the difficulty, and hope that Teal doesn't cheat (sounds like from comments that Teal cheats just as badly in Normal as they do in Heroic however).

Or

2) Cheat yourself to 9,999 of a tier 7 unit and give them to a worthless hero, camp the hero out at the portal that Teal always uses to get to your town.

About the only other even semi-viable strategy without cheating I can think of is to quickly rush your way through everything in the starting island, and then flee the island and capture green's town, and hope that Teal doesn't follow you by a boat.

I don't think it's really possible to do this however, since the neutral stacks of enemies guarding the boats and Brown's town are just too strong for you to leave the island with a half decent hero capable of taking out purple's heroes.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 10 Feb 2013, 22:49

Did Brown hire any units from his town?

Here are some hints:

Try to break through the brown garrison as soon as you can do that with acceptable losses. It is possible in week 3. Then try to clear the starting island as soon as possible.

If you plan to take Brown's town soon, don't build a Capital in Orange's town. You can only have one Capital, you get one from Brown for free and if you build it yourself, the investment won't return immediately.

Don't overbuild. If you build too many creature generators, you will have too little gold to hire them, and that will slow down your expansion.

Consider getting warcries. They can greatly help you against the brown garrison.

Pay attention to hero development. You will probably break through the garrison when your main hero is about level 11. Open the Skillwhell and plan what your main hero should look like at that time. I gave Kujin Mentoring and as a result got both a decent army leader(Kujin) and an okay warmachinist(Toulain).

Centaurs or Maulers north of your first town might join you if your army is much stronger than them.

Defending from Teal: If beat them, they will probably send a stronger hero soon. Try to position your third hero somewhere far from your towns and other heroes, but not too far from Teal hero. Chances are, Teal will take the bait and attack the hero, who can flee immediately thanks to his specialty. Then Teal won't be able to attack your towns or other heroes because they will be too far. Rehire the hero the next day and repeat the procedure.

Angelus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Angelus » 11 Feb 2013, 20:13

Sadly enough, I'm on the easiest difficult and i still can't defeat the teal knight. And as for the brown garrison, its army is much bigger than mine.
I'm not sure why they would make this part of the game virtually impossible to conquer.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 12 Feb 2013, 00:46

Unfortunately some of the campaign levels are just frustrating and insanely difficult, or really annoying for other reasons, level 1 and 2 of the Orc campaign is one of those stages.

The campaigns in TOTE just aren't as fun as the campaigns in the original Heroes 5.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”