The first scenario

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
brycej
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The first scenario

Unread postby brycej » 16 Apr 2006, 17:20

If I set it at "Normal," apparently all i have to do is take Dunmore and free Isabel. But the scenario doesn't end, if I go back to Dunmore, I get creamed by a quickly moving nasty stack. Dunmore falls and I lose.

What next?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 18:07

Keep Isabel with all of Godric's creature in town. When attacked defeat the demon hero. Repeat until you get a cutscene about the Tears of Asha.
Spoiler

The tears are between a magic shrine (lvl 1 spell) and the one way monolith exit, right under a bush in the middle.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 16 Apr 2006, 19:04

Spoiler
The tears are between a magic shrine (lvl 1 spell) and the one way monolith exit, right under a bush in the middle.
[/quote]

Strange, I dug the grail near the castle beetween sunflowers and an ore mine ;|

I did not bother to visit obelisks :D I just dug at a random place and i got the text "it is somwhere to the north" two days later and one step to the north i dug the grail :devious:
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 19:18

So the grail is random... cool!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 16 Apr 2006, 19:25

*Possible Spoilers*

This map seems harder than it actually is, I went and fought Agrael out in the field(like a true general!) Just protect the cavaliers that you have and occasionally go to the Haven military posts to get more units. Also, consider going to steal the enemy military post, it is in the south-central section of the map. This will lessen their ability to get the dreaded Pit Lord(:() so you'll stand a much better chance if you do that.

And yes, the grail is random.
Hell has frozen over...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Apr 2006, 21:10

About the grail, after killing an enemy hero I got the grail without visiting any obelisk :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 21:33

Was he the last Wave hero? The guys coming out of the one-way monolith exits?

brycej
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brycej » 17 Apr 2006, 00:25

I certainly don't have the guys to defeat Agnael from Dunsmore or from Isabel who only has two footmen. Where do you get the creatues to
beat him? Or, are my tactics simply not good enough? Quite possibly.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Apr 2006, 00:47

I just finished. The tactics I used were as follows:

- Fortify the town as much as possible, and do not take your main army (with Isabel) too far away from it. She must always be ready to repel anything the Inferno guys throw at it.
- Let Godric out to explore and pick up what he can. As your army at home grows and can take care of itself, let him have some small forces - such as the Conscripts. In their hundreds, they pack quite a punch and G can claim mines and everything. Just keep him away from the main battle.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 17 Apr 2006, 01:08

Kalah wrote:I just finished. The tactics I used were as follows:

- Fortify the town as much as possible, and do not take your main army (with Isabel) too far away from it. She must always be ready to repel anything the Inferno guys throw at it.
- Let Godric out to explore and pick up what he can. As your army at home grows and can take care of itself, let him have some small forces - such as the Conscripts. In their hundreds, they pack quite a punch and G can claim mines and everything. Just keep him away from the main battle.
Really? I always fought my opponents on the field of battle and didn't have to do any sieges. What difficulty were you doing? I did normal(even though I am better than that.)
Hell has frozen over...

Hipshot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Hipshot » 17 Apr 2006, 02:17

I've found the grail, at the same place, three times in a row now, it's pretty easy for me since it's near the castle, I just go there and get it and then I get a pretty neat income and base growth. Like ~second week in the game. I don't know why it's not moving for me really... pretty stupid.

niteshade6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby niteshade6 » 17 Apr 2006, 05:36

Managed to beat the first scenario on hard, but it was definetely challenging. I had to go back to previous saves on a number of occasions. The key to surviving the first attack on hard appears to be keeping as many troops alive as you can, transfering your troops to the queen, fortifying up to max and letting him siege you. Getting as many missile troops as possible helps alot too. The next one or two waves I had to let siege me as well, but eventually I become powerful enough to take them on the field and then win. I had alot of problems with the secondary hero being jumped and killed by roving demons losing the game for me, finally I just recruited a hero at the tavern to do chores like visiting the leprechaun and collecting troops from the buildings.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Apr 2006, 10:29

Hiring extra heroes is a nice distracion for your enemies, also later the enemy are hiring academy heroes as crazy, there are purple clouds everywhere on the map now, lol :D
Dosent seem the enemy have trust in their own heroes after gotten kicked hard by my forces. And I always train my peasants up to archers, that is such a much better bonus, but a bit expensive without the training builldings. ;|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Apr 2006, 11:45

@Derek: I was playing at Normal, but I still found the AI to be in super form. Whenever I took my big army too far away from my Castle - leaving it poorly defended - the Inferno troops would attack and take the city. The other thing is that they attack with two armies. So you can't leave just after you have fought off the first attack; you have to eliminate the other army as well.

Once you've done this a few times, however, you grow stronger and can resist more easily. At the same time, Inferno armies weaken and tend to be smaller. That is the point at which you can take your big army down south.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Apr 2006, 12:00

I don't know if you guy noticed, but the heroes coming from the one-way monoliths aren't build by the Inferno player, he just gets them for free. Found that out the hard way after I took the Inferno town...

niteshade6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby niteshade6 » 17 Apr 2006, 16:40

Yeah it seems there are 2 types of enemy hero in the campaign.

The "normal" enemy hero just does what he feels like, capturing resources, hunting down weak heroes, and otherwise acting like we would expect.

The "goal oriented" enemy hero has one goal and pursues it to the exclusion of everything else. The only thing I will see a goal oriented hero detour to do is pick up a speed booster. In Scenario 1 a strong goal oriented hero will spawn every week or two and make a bee line to your castle ignoring everything else.

The inclusion of goal oriented heroes is actually a very powerful tool for scenario building.

brycej
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brycej » 17 Apr 2006, 20:24

In the first scenario, the enenmy stack is goal oriented. He always arrives on the last day of the first week.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 17 Apr 2006, 20:44

brycej wrote:In the first scenario, the enenmy stack is goal oriented. He always arrives on the last day of the first week.
No, the script that sets Agrael loose starts when you free Isabel.

I'm playing on Heroic and think I'm actually gonna win this time. The second hero is sieging me though and I haven't uncovered a single obelisk yet! (Though I know where three of them are :))

Btw, how big are the neutrals on Heroic?

brycej
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brycej » 17 Apr 2006, 21:09

No, the script that sets Agrael loose starts when you free Isabel.
So that means if I wait to free Isabel, I can get to the second week and recruit more troops from Dunmore.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Apr 2006, 21:12

As I understand you also have to free Isabel in the first week. You could try to capture the town before the last day, and build some more defenses or creature dwelings.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”