1st impression of Heroes 6 after almost 1 year

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Jun 2013, 13:39

I think one of the biggest joys of HoMM is the hero skill development and when they dumbed that down in H6 along with the magic & resource system, they took a LOT of joy out of the game.
Metal Wolf wrote: I think that Heroes V is a great game, far from perfect in terms of balance.
Out of curiosity what do you think was imbalanced in H5 and what do you think is imbalanced in H6? In H5 I'd have to say that mind control spells like Seduce/Frenzy/Puppet were too strong and there were great differences in power/usefulness of the racial skills.

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 22 Jun 2013, 16:36

mr.hackcrag wrote: Out of curiosity what do you think was imbalanced in H5 and what do you think is imbalanced in H6?
Necromancy (specifically, the ability of the necromancers to convert creatures from other factions to Necropolis units of equal rank), magic (light/dark schools of magic way overpowering Destruction, for example), lack of durability in 7 tier units, useless/overpowered skills of some units and more.

But that's really not the point. Heroes V (as well as Heroes II) were great games because of the unique M&M atmosphere, the "just one more turn" feeling can make you sink into this fantastic world for hours and also because it stimulated the player's imagination and demanded of him to cope with some strategic/tactical challenges.
Heroes VI is, as you've said, a dumbed down and generic version, offering nothing but highly-detailed graphics and tons of bugs.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Jun 2013, 23:48

Yeah, that Necro creature converter should have had a gold cost attached to it and I also think the ghosts incorporeal ability should be 30% like all other creature abilities. 50% was quite stupid.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”